Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I understand the frustration but there is absolutely no reason to get rid of good people as long as the right person is brought to steer the ship. This change the culture thing is a bunch of crap. I have quickly soured on Marrone but there is no reason that Whaley and Brandon can't stay on and do the jobs that I believe both of them are more then capable of doing. I remember when Ralph was blasted for promoting a former scout from the USFL to run the ship. It took him a couple of years and he almost traded Kelly's rights but he ended up going pretty well. It's amazing how a few star players can make everyone look like geniuses

Good post.

I'm good w/ keeping Brandon and Whaley but after nearly 2 games w/ 0 TD's including 6 red zone trips when any semblence of an offense could have them 7-3 and I want whatever coach is the best available. Now that the Bills aren't officially bargain bin coach shoppers go get the best guy available. The last time they did that was ~1979.

I'm ok w/ upgrading Brandon & Whaley, just make sure it's an upgrade if either is sent packing.

I understand the frustration but there is absolutely no reason to get rid of good people as long as the right person is brought to steer the ship. This change the culture thing is a bunch of crap. I have quickly soured on Marrone but there is no reason that Whaley and Brandon can't stay on and do the jobs that I believe both of them are more then capable of doing. I remember when Ralph was blasted for promoting a former scout from the USFL to run the ship. It took him a couple of years and he almost traded Kelly's rights but he ended up going pretty well. It's amazing how a few star players can make everyone look like geniuses

YES. And the Bills have, in my mind, the most fearsome defense in the NFL. Kiko healthy next year? Oh, I am salivating. I just can't handle a new DC next year.

may not be the best D line in 50 yrs...but it is in the discussion. The 1988 line with Smerlas, a young Bruce,Art Still......-The 64-65 Bills Dunaway,Sestak,McDole,Day...-The 98-99 Bills with an aging Bruce, Fat TED in his PRIME(the greatest runstopper in the history of the universe)..and that other fat guy .

may not be the best D line in 50 yrs...but it is in the discussion. The 1988 line with Smerlas, a young Bruce,Art Still......-The 64-65 Bills Dunaway,Sestak,McDole,Day...-The 98-99 Bills with an aging Bruce, Fat TED in his PRIME(the greatest runstopper in the history of the universe)..and that other fat guy .

The 1988 line is not in the discussion. The lines from the early nineties might be, but freaking Art Still? Over Leon Seals?

Food for thought for those that want to criticize Orton.......... he's started six games and has already faced the top 4 passing defenses in the NFL in terms of yards per game and is in the top 10 in QB rating.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I think the early 90s were not even close. They were why we lost all those SBs. You had Bruce and 2 very avg undersized players.

Huge mistake by Polian(or cheapo Ralph behind the scenes) getting rid of Smerlas We had a 265 lb nose tackle for the SB

u

ps-seals was on the 88 team

Edited by calti

There is no defense of anyone in the organization. Together they committed an offense worthy of a mass firing. They spent 2 first round draft picks on a luxury while the only important position was not solved.

They are the football version of the guy who blows the rent money on strippers and puts his family out on the street.

There is no defense of anyone in the organization. Together they committed an offense worthy of a mass firing. They spent 2 first round draft picks on a luxury while the only important position was not solved.

They are the football version of the guy who blows the rent money on strippers and puts his family out on the street.

You can get QBs with other picks. Sammy is the real deal. Getting him for a #9 and a #13 isn't a terrible deal.

I still think Brandon will be safe, for no other reason then the fact he managed to grow the Bills into a regional franchise, despite the fact they been horrible. If he stays I do not want him anywhere near football ops, I would move his office into Pegula Sports and Entertainment Offices in the Seneca Tower. Just a hunch, soon to be Pegula Tower after it goes into bankruptcy.

Whaley's Fate should be decided by a new President of Football and if Head Coaching Candidates are scared off by him being kept, he has to go.

As far as HC Candidates, Kevin Sumlin from A&M, David Shaw from Stanford, Greg Roman from SF or Reich please

Food for thought for those that want to criticize Orton.......... he's started six games and has already faced the top 4 passing defenses in the NFL in terms of yards per game and is in the top 10 in QB rating.

Not to mention - he's getting play calls on a regular basis from Marrone's college buddy, Hackett, and he has a terrible offensive line that routinely gives him poor protection.

He's a decent QB. Not great but decent. So far he protects the ball well too, which I rarely see mentioned - he's only given up 3 picks in 228 attempts. That's one of the best ratios of interceptions to pass attempts in the NFL.

Not if you trade the other picks away.

Getting him for 9 and 13 is fine.

Just can't do it until the QB situation is solved.

If Winston miraculously lasts until our would-be pick I'll agree. Until then, who else is worthy of taking without it being an EJ-like reach? (I'm assuming Mariota is long gone).

Not if you trade the other picks away.

Getting him for 9 and 13 is fine.

Just can't do it until the QB situation is solved.

While I don't agree with your premise either, my biggest complaint is with your analogy which I think portrays a lot of what is wrong with the anti trade sentiment. Blowing your money on strippers is an impulse buy with no residual gain. Watkins is here for a long time to come(pun intended) so a better analogy would have been blowing your money on a 50" monitor when the rent money is due.

While I don't agree with your premise either, my biggest complaint is with your analogy which I think portrays a lot of what is wrong with the anti trade sentiment. Blowing your money on strippers is an impulse buy with no residual gain. Watkins is here for a long time to come(pun intended) so a better analogy would have been blowing your money on a 50" monitor when the rent money is due.

I would contend that Wide Receivers are the stripper position of the NFL Roster.

If Winston miraculously lasts until our would-be pick I'll agree. Until then, who else is worthy of taking without it being an EJ-like reach? (I'm assuming Mariota is long gone).

Irrelevant. We don't have the assets to trade up and get either. The damage is done.

Put it this way. Do you think we could trade Watkins and the 2016 first for the #2 or #3 overall in June? I don't.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

I would contend that Wide Receivers are the stripper position of the NFL Roster.

Irrelevant. We don't have the assets to trade up and get either. The damage is done.

Put it this way. Do you think we could trade Watkins and the 2016 first for the #2 or #3 overall in June? I don't.

I know you do and I'm sure you can provide some statistical analysis to show the microscopic differences between the first and twentieth receiver in the league to back up your point but then we would just get into as discussion about statistical relevance in a league with microscopic differences and I'm not up to it right now.

I think Watkins + 2016 1st is a FAR more attractive offer than #11 or whatever this year with a 2016 1st. My point has always been, and will remain, that this team was going to be too good to be in range to draft or trade up for one of the two stud QBs in this draft. I just can't imagine a team (outside of the Jags) in the top-5 that would trade away from Mariota or Winston. And in the Jags case, you've seen their receivers right? Watkins would he hugely appealing.

Great analogy. You've been hanging out with Ghost too long, by the way.

A better analogy is stripper wife. Who cooks.