Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

After the intentional grounding the Bills got the ball on the Dolphin's 30 and converted that into 0 points. The PI was terrible, but the Bills were even more terrible in every way.

Thats because it was over. Those calls closed out the game. You don't really believe that they would have been playing the same way if it was going to be close, which it should have been. Momentum is real, and when the refs take it away it is BULLSCHIT!!!!!!!!

Refs were terrible, but the Bills weren't winning that game even if it got called straight. Doug Marrone is just another Jauron.

Missed this before my post, but this sums it up perfectly. Did you catch any of the tweets going out with quotes from his introductory presser about being "cutting edge" and similar nonsense? Guy coaches like stereotypical coach who cut their teeth in the 90s.

Thats because it was over. Those calls closed out the game. You don't really believe that they would have been playing the same way if it was going to be close, which it should have been. Momentum is real, and when the refs take it away it is BULLSCHIT!!!!!!!!

I believe that the Bills would've continued to not score touchdowns the whole game. So yes.

Missed this before my post, but this sums it up perfectly. Did you catch any of the tweets going out with quotes from his introductory presser about being "cutting edge" and similar nonsense? Guy coaches like stereotypical coach who cut their teeth in the 90s.

I remember Marrone spewing all that jazz about how we were going to run so many offensive plays per game that defenses will fall apart getting tired. The only defense getting tired is ours.

Here's the deal. The refs decided that game. Period. Would it be better if we lived in a world where the Bills were good enough where the refs couldn't have an effect on the outcome of a game? Absolutely! But they did. ######em!!!!!

Anyone who doesn't think that the refs weren't the difference in this game is fooling themselves.

They weren't. The Bills didn't play well enough. They aren't a good team and it showed again.

I just don't see the point complaining about the officiating every ###### game. The refs make bad calls some of them go against the Bills. Either deal with it don't watch.

They weren't. The Bills didn't play well enough. They aren't a good team and it showed again.

I just don't see the point complaining about the officiating every ###### game. The refs make bad calls some of them go against the Bills. Either deal with it don't watch.

Again. Let me know when they go our way and lead to us taking the lead.

This is a Bull Schit argument because we are NEVER the beneficiary.

Fine. Every call goes against the Bills. There is a league wide conspiracy to ensure the Bills only win 6-7 games a year. What else could be the explanation?

Fine. Every call goes against the Bills. There is a league wide conspiracy to ensure the Bills only win 6-7 games a year. What else could be the explanation?

Stop. Did you even watch the game?! It was a tightly contested, low scoring, defensive game that changed on a horrible PI call that led to them taking the lead for good.

If you don't think that that call was the pivotal play of the game then,…

Just what I thought.

/crickets.

This game was stolen from us.

This franchise has been criminaly negligent in its coaching and FO hires.......Not having a decent QB in 15 yrs--when we have had ample opportunities that even most amateurs on this board could see. Bill Polian was an aberration.

The calls were horrendous.........But Orton goes into a coma in the redzone and Hackett goes into a coma as well. Even with the &*^calls we should have won

The Sabres get all the calls against them too. Jesus hates Buffalo. :devil:

In all seriousness, there is empirical evidence that home teams get more calls than away teams. We get some home calls and just don't realize it (perceptual bias). But, we certainly don't get the road calls. My Dad's theory was always that none of the refs wanted to be in Buffalo in January... they'd much rather be in Miami that time of year.

The Sabres get all the calls against them too. Jesus hates Buffalo. :devil:

In all seriousness, there is empirical evidence that home teams get more calls than away teams. We get some home calls and just don't realize it (perceptual bias). But, we certainly don't get the road calls. My Dad's theory was always that none of the refs wanted to be in Buffalo in January... they'd much rather be in Miami that time of year.

And what happens if the Sabres finish last and lose the lottery? Yes we get Eichel but what if he decides to stay another year in college ?

And what happens if the Sabres finish last and lose the lottery? Yes we get Eichel but what if he decides to stay another year in college ?

Then we pick top 2 again next year too. Even with Eichel or McDavid, the Sabres are still a bottom 10 team next year. They blow! I keep seeing these lineups for next year posted with the team being made up of 50% rookies and 50% the sh!t players we already have and I want to puke coat hangers when people say we are going to improve.

Coaching not to lose, an inability to adjust to the Dolphin's pass rush in the second half and yet another undisciplined conduct penalty on a positive play did the Bills in. Not the Refs. There was only on marginal call in the game and that was the pass interference penalty. I've seen similar plays called both ways.

The punting with less than ten minutes from your opponent's side of the field down by two scores should be the final straw. The Bills should have been in 4 down mode, the play call on third down indicates there plan was to punt if they didn't convert.

"Where's my dog?"

Seriously, why was the first week of Pegula's ownership about crying, the family on the field and so on and not Pegula making a brutally cold masterstroke of installing a real head coach? This is twice now Terry has dropped the ball out of the gate. Everyone knew what Marrone was. What was there to lose?

Sure there will be a new head coach after the season. I bet Brandon sticks around — he's too good on the business side, and I bet Brandon has a say in what changes are made. Marrone will the scapegoat.

"Where's my dog?"

Seriously, why was the first week of Pegula's ownership about crying, the family on the field and so on and not Pegula making a brutally cold masterstroke of installing a real head coach? This is twice now Terry has dropped the ball out of the gate. Everyone knew what Marrone was. What was there to lose?

Sure there will be a new head coach after the season. I bet Brandon sticks around — he's too good on the business side, and I bet Brandon has a say in what changes are made. Marrone will the scapegoat.

Wait, you wanted a new head coach in the middle of the season? That would make things worse. Even if they fired Marrone and promoted Schwartz, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory in Detroit.

Now, if they retain Marrone for next season, by all means slam Pegula at that point.

"Where's my dog?"

B2XIJUhIcAEbflb.jpg

Wait, you wanted a new head coach in the middle of the season? That would make things worse. Even if they fired Marrone and promoted Schwartz, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory in Detroit.

Now, if they retain Marrone for next season, by all means slam Pegula at that point.

I'm talking about Pegula having his ###### together, having known for YEARS he was going to be in this position, and having a coach behind the curtain at the presser. Bold. Ballsy. Not gonna happen-y.

B2XIJUhIcAEbflb.jpg

That seems about right.

Here's my thoughts. I don't know what the problem is, I really don't, but it might be all of them. Anyways, this team has a ton of talent, but they are losers. Some of you have been saying this for awhile, and you were all completely right (i was 100% wrong), but Pegula has to clean house. From the front office to the coaches to that ###### midget on the sidelines.

Keep our players, hire a name-brand coach, and be aggresive in free agency.

This. A thousand times.

Anyone who doesn't think that the refs weren't the difference in this game is fooling themselves.

Stop. Did you even watch the game?! It was a tightly contested, low scoring, defensive game that changed on a horrible PI call that led to them taking the lead for good.

If you don't think that that call was the pivotal play of the game then,…

Just what I thought.

/crickets.

This game was stolen from us.

I was hoping against hope that I wouldn't open this thread and see you spouting this nonsense.

Everyone here watched the game. Either no one, or perhaps one person, agrees with you.

The reason no one agrees with you is that your position is fundamentally ridiculous (not to mention childish and hysterical).

As for dubious calls that benefited the Bills: it didn't get much play on the telecast, but I thought the Miami fumble on the punt return wasn't a fumble. That call gave the Bills the ball on the Miami 39 at the end of the 3rd quarter with a chance to tie or take the lead. The Bills did nothing with it, as they did nothing with the ball most of the other times they got it.

The Bills' allegedly good defense gave up 19 points in the 2nd half of a do-or-die game, and over 5 yards per carry on run D. (And just when I was starting to think Dareus was really stepping up.). When they absolutely needed to get the ball back in the 4th quarter (not that the offense could've done anything with it), they couldn't.

I often disagree with Jerry Sullivan, and I know many others here do as well, but sometimes he nails it:

After 15 years of repeated, excruciating failure, it’s only fair to lay the blame where it belongs – on a dysfunctional organization that has been trying to win with inferior coaches and quarterbacks for the entire millennium.

It's a loser team, run by incompetent losers (and one that doesn't have a 1st-round pick in the next draft because they traded it for a WR that they didn't throw to in their biggest game of the year). Until that changes we aren't going to see improvement. If you want to ease the pain of that reality by continuing to kid yourself and blaming some sinister ref conspiracy -- enjoy.

[photo of Cowher and Pegula]

Yes please.