Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I heard someone comment yesterday that he sometimes faced up to 5 blockers. I'd love to see how productive the offense that attempted that was.

idk about 5 blockers but in the Georgia game I remember how ineffective Clowney was and we had a terrible defense. That was at the beginning of the season and his cardio was clearly poor every couple of plays they pulled him and he wasn't getting good penetration. I know some SC fans and they said he was better as the season went on. I think there are some major risks with taking Clowney and moving up by sacrificing a chuck of the future to get him is a foolish endeavor IMPO.

It will be fun to watch the draft tonight and learn about some of these prospects in real time. Outside of the big names like Clowney, Manziel and Mack I know zero about any of these guys. The hype, over analysis and redundancy of the coverage during the months leading up to the NFL draft is, in the immortal words of John Wayne, getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous.

i tend to agree that clowney seems like he has massive bust potential owing to where he'll be picked and how he might end up performing. there's something about his trajectory that sorta reminds me of mario williams. now, super mario hasn't been a "bust," but i don't think he's ever justified his draft position either. (then again, looking at the 2006 draft? that was not a great one - leinart and vince young - blechk.)

i tend to agree that clowney seems like he has massive bust potential owing to where he'll be picked and how he might end up performing. there's something about his trajectory that sorta reminds me of mario williams. now, super mario hasn't been a "bust," but i don't think he's ever justified his draft position either. (then again, looking at the 2006 draft? that was not a great one - leinart and vince young - blechk.)

If the Bills land Clowney, then Mario and Clowney can alternate taking plays off and we will have a dominant (?) pass rusher on every play. And the offense won't know which one is trying and which one is resting. Genius!

/sarcasm

Should be interesting to see the offense in a few years.

I think this year will be interesting, especially if Hackett figures out how to properly use Spiller. That may have been my biggest issue with the Bills last year. They have this great weapon, which Gailey designed a blue for success with, and Hackett pretty much blew that the ###### up and started from scratch.

I think the target would be Watkins, as the dropoff between him and the rest of the WR crop is pretty significant IMO. That and the Bills will want to give EJ Manuel every opportunity to succeed in order to know whether we have a QB or not.

That being said, i'd rather target the Jacksonville pick at 3 since it may not cost us our #1 in 2015. We shall see tomorrow.

Nailed it! /self promotion.

Also looks like I was close on the worry of losing the 2015 #1. However I thought it was a given that we include this years 2nd. they are going for a playoff berth this year.

ArtVoice makes a compelling argument for building the new Bills Stadium downtown in one of 2 locations.

http://artvoice.com/...AEPpmYw.twitter

While that would be great, the smartest place would probably be somewhere just west of Batavia (as much as I hate to admit it) off the thruway. Rochester area is pretty close to Buffalo in population and it might draw in some more $$ from corporate types. $$ are the only way to secure the future of the team in the area.

Maybe they can run a fast ferry to Olcott Beach for all those rabid Toronto-based Bills fans, too! :rolleyes:

Nailed it! /self promotion.

Also looks like I was close on the worry of losing the 2015 #1. However I thought it was a given that we include this years 2nd. they are going for a playoff berth this year.

It would have been more costly to lose picks this year in what is arguably the deepest draft in 20 years. We KNOW which players at what positions are there THIS year. The 2015 draft is still just a hazy ball of nothing at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

Dammit, what is this team doing? Because I'm guessing they didn't get the Niners' first-rounder for next year.

EDIT: Thanks dEnnis for telling us the consideration.

What the hell. I thought the whole point was to go in there with three kickass receivers and "win now."

Edited by Eleven

Dammit, what is this team doing? Because I'm guessing they didn't get the Niners' first-rounder for next year.

EDIT: Thanks dEnnis for telling us the consideration.

What the hell. I thought the whole point was to go in there with three kickass receivers and "win now."

They have Watkins-Williams-Woods-Goodwin.....which really is a nice combo.

I don't think Johnson is a bad guy....but he needs to be careful headed out to the west coast.....mala familia out there.....