Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

He's still under contract until July 1st.

Got the NMC stuff from here:

@JasonGregor: Boyle had a NMC, so it would seem very likely he signs with Islanders. NYI trying to guarantee the 1st rounder Buff gets isn't top-10.

One thing to consider about Boyle's NMC: it was far less of a big deal for him to waive it (assuming NYI would normally be on his list) now, since he can't be forced to ever play for the Islanders. Maybe he agreed to the trade to see if they threw stupid money at him, figuring that he could always ride it out and go to free agency. If he had a year left on his contract, then I would assume it means that he's likely to sign. Without that, I am less inclined to believe that it means he will.

One thing to consider about Boyle's NMC: it was far less of a big deal for him to waive it (assuming NYI would normally be on his list) now, since he can't be forced to ever play for the Islanders. Maybe he agreed to the trade to see if they threw stupid money at him, figuring that he could always ride it out and go to free agency. If he had a year left on his contract, then I would assume it means that he's likely to sign. Without that, I am less inclined to believe that it means he will.

This is my assumption.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

If all goes as planned with NHL Competition Committee (today)/NHL GMs (Wed), Coach's Challenge is likely to be instituted next year, but...

...But, at this point, subject to change, goalie interference calls would NOT be amongst criteria a coach could challenge via video review.

Until Comp Committee and GMs beat this up, nothing is in final form but limited and very specific Coach's Challenge appears to be the plan.

Overdue or Slippery Slope?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is why dudes want to make a billion dollars. To get hot chicks 30 years their junior.

I like to say I look like a million bucks: despite my wife and I being the same age (9 days apart), I look 10 years older and she looks 10 years younger; people must figure I'm rich.

I like to say I look like a million bucks: despite my wife and I being the same age (9 days apart), I look 10 years older and she looks 10 years younger; people must figure I'm rich.

Haha. Over the weekend at a family function, my wife says "I thought I was marrying a sugar daddy (I'm 12 years her senior). I should have checked his finances better."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.