Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Someone remind me why there is an NHL team in south Florida again? Disgraceful.

@Proteautype: Nothing about this says warm. MT @GeorgeRichards Tuesday night warmups v Sens ...Empty even by #FlaPanthers standards http://t.co/s6ER6kxqaa

You'd think they'd just close off the upper seats and let everyone have free reign on the lower bowl. At least it would look full on camera.

So I popped the game on, there looks to be at least an entire empty row in each section you can see from the center ice camera, maybe 50% full in those sections. There's a block directly behind the benches of 4 rows a section+ wide with *no one* in them. Granted, this is early in the second, but I have a hard time believing folks are waiting in line on the concourse.

Edited by MattPie

The state of refereeing in this league continues to disgust me. In the Preds - Canucks game (which I was at), Hornqvist brushes the defenseman who brushes Luongo who then takes the most ridiculous dive I've ever seen. Ref calls goalie interference. Canucks score on the ensuing power play. Game, set, match. Disgusting.

http://www.sportingn..._medium=twitter

The state of refereeing in this league continues to disgust me. In the Preds - Canucks game (which I was at), Hornqvist brushes the defenseman who brushes Luongo who then takes the most ridiculous dive I've ever seen. Ref calls goalie interference. Canucks score on the ensuing power play. Game, set, match. Disgusting.

http://www.sportingn..._medium=twitter

It says in the link you posted that the Canucks didn't score on the ensuing power play ? Regardless that was a pathetic display by Luongo and it appears the canucks have gained their reputation as divers and whiners honestly.

It says in the link you posted that the Canucks didn't score on the ensuing power play ? Regardless that was a pathetic display by Luongo and it appears the canucks have gained their reputation as divers and whiners honestly.

The article is wrong - they definitely scored on the power play. The Preds had all the momentum prior to that.

Also, there was another questionable goalie interference call a couple of minutes before this one.

Edited by Potato

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/gino-odjick-former-nhl-enforcer-admitted-to-psychiatric-ward-cites-concussions-120313

Gino Odjick battling symptoms from repeated concussions.

Former NHL enforcer Gino Odjick, who spent time with the Vancouver Canucks as an on-ice "bodyguard" for star Pavel Bure, was admitted to the psychiatric ward of a Quebec-area hospital over the weekend, according to a report in The Journal de Montreal.

I’m here because of my concussion problems,” Odjick told QMI when reached Monday in the hospital. “Since I retired from hockey in 2002, I’ve spent 32 months in the hospital.

8.5mil for 7years is the reported deal for Lundqvist's extension...

I think this is overpayment even for him. 8.5mil is the same price as a top scoring forward and for a GT I don't think its worth it. He is a really good GT with a .920sv% for his career but this is 1-2mil overpayment IMPO and the length of the contract is 2years to long.

I think this is overpayment even for him. 8.5mil is the same price as a top scoring forward and for a GT I don't think its worth it. He is a really good GT with a .920sv% for his career but this is 1-2mil overpayment IMPO and the length of the contract is 2years to long.

It's NYR. They've been doing this since you were in pull-ups.

It's the Rangers though so they'll make it work somehow.

beat me to it Eleven.

Edited by d4rksabre

With the cap expected to increase significantly in the next few years because of increasing revenues, it's not a bad deal for the NYR IMO. Not to mention, Goalies can play at a high level well into their 30s. They had to lock him up much like they still have to do with Captain Callahan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.