Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Marchand is gutless little ######, and any cheapshot that comes his way is well earned, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sorry, but that's just the way I feel - About time some bad karma came right back in the faces of the Bruins, and I couldn't think of better recepient than Brad Marchand.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Of course, all of this wouldn't be a problem if the NHL actually enforced their own rules properly, but when certain teams get away with murder night and night out, it can hardly come as a surprise to anyone that the players decide to take matters into their own hands, eventually.

Agrred Marchand is scum and has been doing crap for years.

Until last night, I would have said the same thing about Thornton. There are classless idiots wearing the spoked B. Past actions showed he wasn't one of them.

Thornton has a past history of jumping guys. I think it was last season, or maybe two, but he jumped Weber totally unsuspecting and started pounding him before Weber ever had a chance to get his gloves off. This incident is totally in character for Thornton.

The dinosaurs on the NHL network still try to defend Thorton and go after Neal. Until they stop with these archaic thought processes, the league will be a joke.

What's more ridiculous is that it was all over that Orpik hit which was fine. I think Eriksson is going to have to learn who is around him if he wants to last in the NHL.

Marchand is gutless little ######, and any cheapshot that comes his way is well earned, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sorry, but that's just the way I feel - About time some bad karma came right back in the faces of the Bruins, and I couldn't think of better recepient than Brad Marchand.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Of course, all of this wouldn't be a problem if the NHL actually enforced their own rules properly, but when certain teams get away with murder night and night out, it can hardly come as a surprise to anyone that the players decide to take matters into their own hands, eventually.

Agreed on all counts.

What's more ridiculous is that it was all over that Orpik hit which was fine. I think Eriksson is going to have to learn who is around him if he wants to last in the NHL.

That Orpik hit on Eriksson last night, I'm not sure, it looked like interference to me, but again - The Bruins have been dishing out borderline and outright dirty hits like this on a consistent basis for years, it can't be a suprise to them that at some point other teams started taking liberties with them as well.

Teams are starting to play Boston hard and dirty. Seeing as the league hasn't taken action against them for all the crap the Bruins have gotten away with over the years, teams are now taking action themselves. Good for them, I say, and that includes Scott running over Eriksson. You're playing for a dirty cheapshotting team, better keep your head up Loui, and get used to it cause this is how things have become.

As long as the league continues to be a joke when it comes to discipline, this what we're going to see.

Also, Chara should get at least 5 games for his blatant headhunting attempt 10 seconds later, but it's Chara so they won't even review it. Flying elbow, 2 seconds after a pass. ###### cheapshotting douchebag.

Edited by Kristian

That Orpik hit last night, I'm not sure, it looked like interference to me, but again - The Bruins have been dishing out borderline and outrighty dirty hits like this on a consistent basis for years, it can't be a suprise to them that at some point other teams started taking liberties with them as well.

Teams are starting to play Boston hard and dirty. Seeing as the league hasn't taken action against them for all the crap the Bruins have gotten away with over the years, teams are now taking action themselves. Good for them, I say, and that includes Scott running over Eriksson. You're playing for a dirty cheapshotting team, better keep your head up Loui, and get used to it cause this is how things have become.

Also, Chara should get at least 5 games for his blatant headhunting attempt 10 seconds later, but it's Chara so they won't even review it. Flying elbow, 2 seconds after a pass. ###### cheapshotting douchebag.

You can't suspend Chara. He has no history of suspensions so we know he's not a dirty player.

Sincerely,

The NHL

That Orpik hit on Eriksson last night, I'm not sure, it looked like interference to me, but again - The Bruins have been dishing out borderline and outright dirty hits like this on a consistent basis for years, it can't be a suprise to them that at some point other teams started taking liberties with them as well.

As long as the league continues to be a joke when it comes to discipline, this what we're going to see.

I can't see a single thing wrong with that hit,…I mean,… other than a Bruin got a concussion from it.

I can't see a single thing wrong with that hit,…I mean,… other than a Bruin got a concussion from it.

If there's anything wrong with it, it's that Eriksson doesn't touch the puck at any point, making it interference.

But I can't actually judge whether he touches it or not, so I don't know.

One thing's for sure, the guy making the pass should feel like crap right now, cause his bad pass is the reason Eriksson gets hit.

The difference between Scott's hit and what Thornton did last night aren't even comparable. It's a combination of the whole thing that is disgusting, the grab from behind, slewfoot, then punching his head into the ice. I don't think he will, but he should miss half the season for that.

Nothing I have ever seen from John Scott tells me that he would ever do something like that.

The same guy who tries to go after Phil Kessel :blink:

a body check is a hockey play. You can argue the distance travel or about who delivered it but body checking is hockey. what thorton did is bush league and something i would expect to hear happening in the echl or some such lower league.

Seguin is looking real good and making the B's look bad for giving up on him. Still thou he is young and has the partyboy reputation. I hope he grows out of it but his coach doesnt have a great track record dealing with players like that

There is nothing about going after an unsuspecting player's head that equates to a hockey play. :blink:

There must have been some serious Holiday parties last night. :beer:

Scott told Kessel he was going to go after him, made a half-hearted attempt to grab him, and never threw a punch.

Thornton grabbed an unsuspecting Orpik from behind, slew footed him to the ice, and punched him repeatedly while he lay there unconscious.

You're right. Exactly the same thing.

The same guy who tries to go after Phil Kessel :blink:

Oh, brother. Do you really think he went after Kessel? If you do then :blink: right back at ya. That was a half-hearted effort at best, but I could see how a non-Sabres apologist could make the comparison.

Scott told Kessel he was going to go after him, made a half-hearted attempt to grab him, and never threw a punch.

Thornton grabbed an unsuspecting Orpik from behind, slew footed him to the ice, and punched him repeatedly while he lay there unconscious.

You're right. Exactly the same thing.

Oh, brother. Do you really think he went after Kessel? If you do then :blink: right back at ya. That was a half-hearted effort at best, but I could see how a non-Sabres apologist could make the comparison.

You guys are hilarious. Scott has, twice this season, gone after star players on teams that have no shortage of tougher players he could have gone after. Pretending that Scott plays by some code or moral barometer is embarrassing and is nothing more than a sad attempt to revise history and to excuse away two of the most embarrassing incidents in recent Sabres history. I really hate to burst the bubble of denial for you guys, what Thornton or any other player does will not excuses away what Scott is and what he has done. We can argue Thornton's place in the NHL, it doesn't mean there is or should be a place in the NHL for John Scott.

Edited by deluca67

You guys are hilarious. Scott has, twice this season, gone after star players on teams that have no shortage of tougher players he could have gone after. Pretending that Scott plays by some code or moral barometer is embarrassing and is nothing more than a sad attempt to revise history and to excuse away two of the most embarrassing incidents in recent Sabres history. I really hate to burst the bubble of denial for you guys, what Thornton or any other player does will not excuses away what Scott is and what he has done. We can argue Thornton's place in the NHL, it doesn't mean there is or should be a place in the NHL for John Scott.

Dirty players like Thornton and Lucic coupled with zero support from the biased joke of a disclipary system are the exact reason players like John Scott still have a place in this league. Thornton doesn't pull that bush league crap against Buffalo unless he's willing to get his face bashed in again by Scott and that's the reason we pay him to play for us.

Actually, you were the one who brought up John Scott.

I still don't think he should have been suspended for his hit on Eriksson.

I'd love to know what your feelings on Thornton would be if he were a Sabre.

Edited by SwampD

Nothing on the front page of NHL.com about Thorton, and the ESPN website has the story with a headline about how sorry Thorton is.

So, apparently all you have to do to please the media is apologize, if only Mcsorley knew about that a few years ago he could've kept on playing baseball on ice

Dirty players like Thornton and Lucic coupled with zero support from the biased joke of a disclipary system are the exact reason players like John Scott still have a place in this league. Thornton doesn't pull that bush league crap against Buffalo unless he's willing to get his face bashed in again by Scott and that's the reason we pay him to play for us.

You forgot to include Mr. Psycho himself, Zdeno Chara, but other than that, I agree completely.

Chara halfway took Pacioretty's head off, John Scott decked Loui Eriksson, but got suspended "cause he was too big". I'm not even going to comment on how ridiculous this is, and I don't give a flying ###### if Zdeno Chara were the second coming of Gretzky - He's still a pyscho cheapshot artist, who'll wind up killing somebody one day, unless the league finally hands him a huge suspension for one of said cheapshots.

We can think what we want about caharcters like John Scott, but that's pretty much what they're around for. As a deterrent. And it works. Ask the Bruins.

Other teams are starting to take liberties with them now, and I'm loving every second of it - They've been a bunch of cheapshot artists for years, and they're finally getting a taste of their own style of play.

Karma's a bitch, Boston.

Edited by Kristian

You can't suspend Chara. He has no history of suspensions so we know he's not a dirty player.

Sincerely,

The NHL

Yep

You forgot to include Mr. Psycho himself, Zdeno Chara, but other than that, I agree completely.

Chara halfway took Pacioretty's head off, John Scott decked Loui Eriksson, but got suspended "cause he was too big". I'm not even going to comment on how ridiculous this is, and I don't give a flying ###### if Zdeno Chara were the second coming of Gretzky - He's still a pyscho cheapshot artist, who'll wind up killing somebody one day, unless the league finally hands him a huge suspension for one of said cheapshots.

We can think what we want about caharcters like John Scott, but that's pretty much what they're around for. As a deterrent. And it works. Ask the Bruins.

Other teams are starting to take liberties with them now, and I'm loving every second of it - They've been a bunch of cheapshot artists for years, and they're finally getting a taste of their own style of play.

Karma's a bitch, Boston.

'

You're right on it.

Define "gone after".

Karma's a bitch, Boston.

Yeah. I left off Chara because apparently climbing Mt. Kilamanjaro once a year for African kids gives you carte blanche to be a dickless masshole on skates with permanent "no history" status. If there was a just and loving god in this world, that piece of s.h.i.t. would die a painful death of ass cancer, but that's just my opinion.

As much as I hate Chris Neil seeing him punking Chara a few years ago was the funniest thing I had ever seen until dick nosed Marchand took that knee to his cranium. I mean I hate Shittsburgh as much as anyone, but I'd root for a team from Baghdad before I ever root for that region of Massholes to ever win at anything ever again.

Edited by Drunkard

I actually like Marchand and think that no matter what you think of him, even he doesn't deserve a knee to the head. That was a stupid play by Neal. I think he'll get 5.

I hate Marchand, and I thought what Neal did was just as bad as what Thornton did. I've seen Neal pull cheap ###### before. Scum bag deserves a lot more than 5 games. Purposely kneeing someone in the head? It makes me sick watching it.

I can't really blame Thornton or Neal, because it's not like the league was going to do anything about it anyways.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.