Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

So what kind of impact is this going to have on us?

Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) tweeted at 0:31 AM on Tue, Nov 26, 2013:

Official announcement expected Tuesday by NHL: CBC and Rogers have exclusive English-language NHL rights deal. Believed to be 12 year deal.

(

)

Official announcement expected Tuesday by NHL: CBC and Rogers have exclusive English-language NHL rights deal. Believed to be 12 year deal.

(https://twitter.com/...207185417711616)

guessing none. I would think Bob left off that being canadian english language broadcast rights

(https://twitter.com/...207185417711616)

I heard this one this morning. I'd imagine most of the hockey people at TSN will quickly find jobs with Rogers. In a year or two I'm going to have to find a new webpage for all my hockey news.

I heard this one this morning. I'd imagine most of the hockey people at TSN will quickly find jobs with Rogers. In a year or two I'm going to have to find a new webpage for all my hockey news.

Me too. I'm not happy about this at all. Thought TSN has done an excellent job on NHL coverage right from their broadcasts through trade deadline day and coverage of free agency. I'm never impressed with Sportsnet. They better up their game big time. Friggen Rogers throwing their money around again....

Me too. I'm not happy about this at all. Thought TSN has done an excellent job on NHL coverage right from their broadcasts through trade deadline day and coverage of free agency. I'm never impressed with Sportsnet. They better up their game big time. Friggen Rogers throwing their money around again....

Hopefully TSN remains doing the Draft day and Trade deadline coverage because it was top notch.

Hopefully TSN remains doing the Draft day and Trade deadline coverage because it was top notch.

They definitely will, but if those on air guys want to continue to be on air as a part of game broadcasts, they are going to start shopping their services to Rogers or CBC. That will quickly hurt the quality of the TSN stuff... unless they can find a way back into the game. Maybe they go after the HNIC broadcast rights eventually if those aren't also a 12 year deal. I'm not so sure the league will want to move from that one though due to the huge history they have.

“The NHL persists in this conduct to date by, among other things, refusing to ban

fighting and body checking and by continuing to employ hockey players whose main function is

to fight or violently body check players on the other team (“Enforcers”).”

On twitter, Pierre LeBrun says it's Gary Leeman, Brad Aitken, Darren Banks, Curt Bennett, Richard Dunn, Warren Holmes, Bob Manno, Blair Stewart, Morris Titanic and Rick Vaive.

Edited by Campy

“The NHL persists in this conduct to date by, among other things, refusing to ban

fighting and body checking and by continuing to employ hockey players whose main function is

On twitter, Pierre LeBrun says it's Gary Leeman, Brad Aitken, Darren Banks, Curt Bennett, Richard Dunn, Warren Holmes, Bob Manno, Blair Stewart, Morris Titanic and Rick Vaive.

Titanic with 19 career NHL games.....

They definitely will, but if those on air guys want to continue to be on air as a part of game broadcasts, they are going to start shopping their services to Rogers or CBC. That will quickly hurt the quality of the TSN stuff... unless they can find a way back into the game. Maybe they go after the HNIC broadcast rights eventually if those aren't also a 12 year deal. I'm not so sure the league will want to move from that one though due to the huge history they have.

Not sure how open any of them would be to moving to the states, but I'd love to see NBC make some significant changes...

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Not sure how open any of them would be to moving to the states, but I'd love to see NBC make some significant changes...

TSN already lost 2 of their guys to Fox Sports in the States

I don't think its really that big of a deal, aside from the Trade Deadline and Free Agency coverage all of TSNs NHL games are usually just the coverage of the NBC games (Guess this may change for the Jets, but not the Habs who have regional coverage of their games on TSN).

Sportsnet already does about 90% of the Leafs games (except HNIC games and the few shown on the Leafs TV network), and they do the games for all the West coast Canadian teams, and the Sens.

Guess its hard to say right now if TSN will continue with their Traded Deadline and Free Agency coverage to the extent they have been without the rights to broadcast games. They could always steal HNIC away fromt eh CBC like they did the HNIC theme song

Titanic with 19 career NHL games.....

But for those 19 games, the NHL did not make it crystal clear the effects of head injuries he could suffer. Maybe they should all continue this down further and sue everyone down to their parents who at one point put them in Hockey without properly informing them of the risks of a head injury.........

TSN already lost 2 of their guys to Fox Sports in the States

I don't think its really that big of a deal, aside from the Trade Deadline and Free Agency coverage all of TSNs NHL games are usually just the coverage of the NBC games (Guess this may change for the Jets, but not the Habs who have regional coverage of their games on TSN).

Sportsnet already does about 90% of the Leafs games (except HNIC games and the few shown on the Leafs TV network), and they do the games for all the West coast Canadian teams, and the Sens.

Guess its hard to say right now if TSN will continue with their Traded Deadline and Free Agency coverage to the extent they have been without the rights to broadcast games. They could always steal HNIC away fromt eh CBC like they did the HNIC theme song

But for those 19 games, the NHL did not make it crystal clear the effects of head injuries he could suffer. Maybe they should all continue this down further and sue everyone down to their parents who at one point put them in Hockey without properly informing them of the risks of a head injury.........

to take it a step further. Perhaps they should sue god. After all did he tell them about the dangers of head trauma? Or maybe Eve, if only she would have ate the apple that covered that....

I sure didn't see this coming, and honestly, that's where I kind of thought hockey players were different.

As a kid playing from the late 70s until the mid 80s, I was well aware of the dangers involved with the game. I had 4 diagnosed concussions and likely several more where my bell was rung that were undiagnosed concussions.

But I knew the risk and like any person involved in a high speed and/or contact sport, you never think it will happen to you. But when it does happen to you (it's got to happen to somebody, after all), you can now sue?

Ridiculous

Richie Dunn gets no bold love from you?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.