Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

In around the league injury and waiver news:

Lupul has a grade 2 groin straing

Rinne has a checkup on his hip the 5th

Phx places R.Klesla and Pitt places M.D'Agostini on Waivers

Rinne is KILLING my fantasy team.. Killing it,

Richie Dunn gets no bold love from you?

I saw the name and thought it sounded familiar - he was an Amerk, wasn't he?

Guy had at least 4 concussions; cut 'im some slack. :P

:clapping:

...and I'm just looking for a league to sue so I can retire in the lap of luxury!

Heh, Seth Jones with the fro and the five-necked guitar.

How could so many professional athletes be so totally devoid of rhythm?

I have that CD and I dig TSO (and Savatage), but that song has been ruined by the gotta go getta Garmin xmas commercials. It's all I think of when I hear it. Bastards...

guessing none. I would think Bob left off that being canadian english language broadcast rights

I heard this one this morning. I'd imagine most of the hockey people at TSN will quickly find jobs with Rogers. In a year or two I'm going to have to find a new webpage for all my hockey news.

OK, thanks. I hadn't originally had all the details, I thought they were talking more along the lines of having exclusive broadcasting rights all throughout the NHL, similar to what DirectTV has with teh NFL. That didn't make much sense to me.

DiPietro released by the Charlotte Checkers. Pegula, Wang and Arte Moreno of the Angels belong in select company for showering lost causes with megabucks.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/dipietro-released-by-hurricanes-minor-league-team-1.6499776

DiPietro, 32, had the final eight seasons of his 15-year, $67.5-million contract bought out by the Islanders in July. The Islanders are paying him $1.5 million a year for the next 16 years. DiPietro, who had a long history of injuries, appeared in just 50 games over his final five seasons with the team.

DiPietro released by the Charlotte Checkers. Pegula, Wang and Arte Moreno of the Angels belong in select company for showering lost causes with megabucks.

http://www.newsday.c...-team-1.6499776

I'd love a 16-yr, 1.5M golden parachutte. He's still young enough and rich enough to move on in life.

Class-action suit against NHL grows to more than 200 players

A class-action lawsuit filed in a Washington DC court against the NHL listing 10 plaintiffs has grown exponentially in a matter of days and doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

The suit, which claims the NHL was negligent in protecting players from concussions and withheld some information about the dangers of concussions, promised to be a big deal that would only get bigger. It was a long time coming, especially after a similar suit in the NFL resulted in a settlement between the thousands of former players and the league.

Now according to former NFL linebacker-turned injury lawyer Mel Owens says that the list of plaintiffs on the class-action suit has grown to more than 200 and is only on the rise.

TSN losing Canadian national TV rights (1998-2002) only bolstered TSN's efforts to be THE source of NHL news, says Bob McKenzie on twitter.

I don't know if they can (read: will determine it's business-prudent to) keep it going. TSN's been great, I'd hate for them to drop the ball or concede that the ball has been stripped from them. New deal goes for the next 12+ years.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

TSN losing Canadian national TV rights (1998-2002) only bolstered TSN's efforts to be THE source of NHL news, says Bob McKenzie on twitter.

I don't know if they can (read: will determine it's business-prudent to) keep it going. TSN's been great, I'd hate for them to drop the ball or concede that the ball has been stripped from them. New deal goes for the next 12+ years.

The first one was too short to tear them apart. This one is too long for them to keep it up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.