The other sports thread

Eleven

Did the first baseman make a "baseball move"?

I may have shouted that during my insane rambling at the TV yesterday. I think I also my have mentioned something about the Jack Edwards school of dog commentary.

The Raptors have clinched the #1 seed in the East and their best regular season record ever.

They are 5 - 5 in their last 10 though, including some lack luster efforts against the Celtics and Cavs.

I hope they meet the Cavs in the East final and not round 2.  Boston is not that scary with (brain fart ... what's his name?) going down.

As a birthday gift, I'm taking my son tonight to UFC 223 at the Barclays Center here. 

I've never been to a live MMA event, although I did attend a Riddick Bowe title fight in MSG about 20 years ago. 

There are 9 fights on the card, and the main event won't start until after midnight.

There's also been quite a bit of drama around this event, with Conor McGregor crashing the press conference, smashing bus windows and getting arrested.

Kinda looking forward to it!

As a birthday gift, I'm taking my son tonight to UFC 223 at the Barclays Center here.

I've never been to a live MMA event, although I did attend a Riddick Bowe title fight in MSG about 20 years ago.

There are 9 fights on the card, and the main event won't start until after midnight.

There's also been quite a bit of drama around this event, with Conor McGregor crashing the press conference, smashing bus windows and getting arrested.

Kinda looking forward to it!

Was that the one where Riddick Bowe was fat and out of shape and Andrew Golota punched his balls off(literally) or the one where Bowe was trained and in shape and Andrew Golota punched his balls off(literally) again?

I've only ever watched golf when Tiger is in contention for a major or Ryder Cup/President's Cup match play. Match play is actually one of the better sporting events in my opinion.

Other than those very few exceptions golf is boring as hell to watch.

Edited by Thwomp!

Wait.  The Houston Astros won the World Series last year?  I feel like I just woke up in some alt reality.

Yep, beat the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers in doing so. Stay awake because they're going to win it again this year.

The Yanks doing an advertisement for May 4th (Star Wars Day) using the crawl and Aaron Judge as a Jedi is just wrong. Just sack up, embrace being the evil empire, and show Stanton putting on the Darth Vader helmet with Cash man as Palpatine

Yep, beat the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers in doing so. Stay awake because they're going to win it again this year.

And now I have to realize that they're in the AL.

WTF, baseball?  You've got the Brewers in the NL and the Asstros in the AL?  

Yep. The Lastros (or Disastros if you prefer) finally got their act together for essentially the 1st time since the mid-80s.

Well you're missing the Biggio-Bagwell years but ok

You aren't biased now are you? :lol:

Yep  :w00t:  :w00t:

Another ###### tank team. Lose on purpose for nearly a decade. Hate themmore than the Yankees.

Not every last place finish is a tank but I guess haters gotta hate or you could go with all my teams tank, whatever, if the Rockets finish off this season, I'll have a double winner. You'll enjoy the ride if the Bills or Sabres ever do it too. Bills and Sabres do it??? Dang these bloody mary's were stronger than I thought  :rolleyes:

And now I have to realize that they're in the AL.

WTF, baseball?  You've got the Brewers in the NL and the Asstros in the AL?  

World Champion Asstros to you sir  :P

Well you're missing the Biggio-Bagwell years but ok

Yep  :w00t:  :w00t:

Not every last place finish is a tank but I guess haters gotta hate or you could go with all my teams tank, whatever, if the Rockets finish off this season, I'll have a double winner. You'll enjoy the ride if the Bills or Sabres ever do it too. Bills and Sabres do it??? Dang these bloody mary's were stronger than I thought  :rolleyes:

World Champion Asstros to you sir  :P

Not missing the Biggio squads. They're the primary reason for the inclusion of the word "essentially." ;)

Couldn't the Brewers have moved back to where they belonged?

You really expected a pro sport that had the Expos play some home games in San Juan to "realign" the leagues properly? :huh:

You a veddy funny man. :w00t:

Edited by Taro T

You really expected a pro sport that had the Expos play some home games in San Juan to "realign" the leagues properly? :huh:

You a veddy funny man. :w00t:

The stadium was broken.  This wasn't a Bills in Toronto or Packers in Milwaukee thing.