The other sports thread

Eleven

I'm pretty sure I was blackout drunk on campus from Thursday to Sunday every week and was never "caught" being drunk. Who is catching them? Hero RAs?

Wait a minute.  I thought I was a "hero RA" because I'd tell the floor when I was leaving for a weekend so they could get a keg.

Do I have this wrong?

Skiing around the Poconos these past couple of weeks.

This was good for my soul. Here's a couple shots from yesterday and today.

https://twitter.com/ubkev/status/968528951298674689?s=19

https://twitter.com/ubkev/status/968865711362859008?s=19

https://twitter.com/ubkev/status/968912636120313856?s=19

I went to see Trae Young play his probable last game in Oklahoma last night, just because I didn't do so with Baker and regret it. 

He was okay. Definitely elite vision compared to everyone else out there. 

Basketball really isn't my thing. By the time there were 3 minutes left in the first half I was just waiting for it to be over.

Yay Bulls beat toledo for the Mac title

Dancing 3 of the past 4 years.. Go Bulls!

I have no hard feelings for Hurley. Good for him to move on up when he did. But ASU hasn’t made the tourney yet under his watch. They’re a bubble team today. Makes me feel pretty good about Oats.

I have no idea how this bracket thingie works, but how were they in the play in game and ended up winning into the East Regional as the 11 seed?

"Last four in" doesn't necessarily mean "worst four to make it." St. Bonaventure got an at-large bid. Lots of other schools get the automatic bid by winning their mid-major conference. But they're worse than St. Bonaventure, Cuse, ASU, UCLA, etc. Which means they are rightfully seeded lower. The Bonnies were one of the last 4 at-large bids. 

There might be a better way to explain that. But that's what I've got!

"Last four in" doesn't necessarily mean "worst four to make it." St. Bonaventure got an at-large bid. Lots of other schools get the automatic bid by winning their mid-major conference. But they're worse than St. Bonaventure, Cuse, ASU, UCLA, etc. Which means they are rightfully seeded lower. The Bonnies were one of the last 4 at-large bids. 

There might be a better way to explain that. But that's what I've got!

:unsure:

Plain old English (Canadian) would be better ...  :P

That said, it really doesn't matter that much.

Dancing 3 of the past 4 years.. Go Bulls!

I have no hard feelings for Hurley. Good for him to move on up when he did. But ASU hasn’t made the tourney yet under his watch. They’re a bubble team today. Makes me feel pretty good about Oats.

UB got screwed on the seeding though. Deserved better than a 13.