The other sports thread

Eleven

Thought I had heard that somewhere. Probably because their's look warrior-like, instead of like a cartoon

il_340x270.640782192_7cvy.jpg

chief-wahoo-cleveland-indians-rule.jpg?w

The Seminole is used with consent from the Seminole tribe of Florida. The actual team mascot, Osceola and Renegade are also officially sanctioned. Osceola being a former Seminole Warrior. It is considered a great honor at FSU to be chosen to be Osceola. 

Edited by SkuggaLiger

This isn't directed at anyone here, but can I just say I love the people who think the debate over native american themed mascots has to be black or white with respect to whether or not something should or should not be used. 

"Oh, well this tribe lets ___ team use their name, why can't this other tribe just get over themselves?" as if we shouldn't be taking it on a case by case basis based on the form and function of the mascot and the opinions of the local nations.

"Oh, well these indians up in whatever state use Redskins as their HS mascot!" Cool, that's their prerogative. The Seneca of WNY are allowed to prefer that a 99% white school in their area not do the same. The Piscataway can certainly decide for themselves what they think the NFL aught to do with the Redskins of DC. Same as the Lakota with the Fighting Sioux and so on. 

I guess if Irish folk in this country ever want to have a problem with Notre Dame then they can do that too. I suspect they wont though... 

I'm watching the Johnsonville Cornhole championship on ESPN2. Never has a finer assemblage of athletes been seen since the bowling tournament in Kingpin. God Bless 'Murica.

That said,… they are really good.

I'd assume it's like watching pro-level darts where at least 2 of the 3 throws hit triple-twenty, right?

I mean I hate Russel Wilson

Speaking of stroking myself, Jd Martinez is fed up with the Red Sox negotiating and says he won't sign with them

That's a bad look for JD. He still may end up signing with them in the long run.

Oh and for the first time ever I'm on the owners side in a situation. They don't want to pay this weak ass free agent class and all the wannabe superstars are crying like . You ain't worth what you want, boys. Deal with it.

If only this line of thinking was prevalent when the Yankees inked that trash contract with Jacoby Ellsbury.

In college lax, Binghamton gave Syracuse a huge scare last year 9-8.

Their goalie & best long pole graduated. With ~6 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter they are down to Cuse 12-0. They've had 3 shots. SLIGHTLY different game than last year.

Why are they playing lacrosse in February?

Edited by Eleven

Because that's what they do. They want to have the NCAA's completed before the kids have final exams.

1st official game of their season. They had a scrimmage vs Yale & maybe one other.

It's good to have a dome.

The NCAAs are over Memorial Day weekend, so that should be after exams for most schools.

Where do teams without domes play?  What would they have done if this were a Binghamton home game?

What a great finish by Bona tonight. I thought for sure they threw the game away with 20 seconds left, but they pulled it out. Very entertaining.

I saw the wreckage of bonas win at the hospital this evening, the damn drinking rule on campus makes the hospital a mess on weekends. But yeah it was a tight one for sure

I saw the wreckage of bonas win at the hospital this evening, the damn drinking rule on campus makes the hospital a mess on weekends. But yeah it was a tight one for sure

What is this rule and how does it affect hospital stuff?  Just curious.

What is this rule and how does it affect hospital stuff? Just curious.

At bonas, if you're drunk on campus, even if of age, they being you to the ER. School policy doesn't allow you to be even a little intoxicated, it really jams up the waiting room, and takes away beds we need for sick people. Btw, I'm down in the ER a lot

At bonas, if you're drunk on campus, even if of age, they being you to the ER. School policy doesn't allow you to be even a little intoxicated, it really jams up the waiting room, and takes away beds we need for sick people. Btw, I'm down in the ER a lot

Seems completely reasonable.

Nice to hear the school is still run by halfwits.

This is insane.  Your hospital should begin to refuse admissions.