The other sports thread

Eleven

I played only the sleeve of balls that they gave us with our company logo on them. I finished with all 3 of them.

Seriously though, I sank 9 putts. That's all I'm there for. My guys are all big hitters off the tee. I'm there to put wedges close and make putts.

The last one makes a lot of sense. The NBA thing even makes some sense. But the paucity of European coaches in the NHL is just bizarre.

Not to get off topic but FWIW I think a European had captained an NHL team to a cup twice in nhl history? Something like that and the first one was 2008 I think no joke. Might have something to do with it, but might not be relevant.

Edited by LikeEich

Not to get off topic but FWIW I think a European had captained an NHL team to a cup twice in nhl history? Something like that and the first one was 2008 I think no joke. Might have something to do with it, but might not be relevant.

Lidstrom and Chara.  And that second one was guaranteed once they got to the finals, Chara vs. Sedin.

• 2 weeks later...

I know plenty of people still have an irrational hatred for him, but LeBron is just incredible. I definitely feel lucky to have watched his entire career (which is nowhere close to over). He just might drag arguably his worst team ever to the Finals at age 33 and with 15 years and a ton of playoff miles. Unreal.

Gotcha. The Warriors have played like hot garbage tonight and would have been down 20+ if the refs weren't abominable.

You mean the league that it has been 100% proven to have mobbed up refs? Surely not.

This western road swing by the Texas Rangers is gonna be the death of me.  They've won the last two against the Seattle Mariners with late inning heroics.  But the games start at 9 pm my local time and by the time they're done it means I don't get to sleep until 1 or 2 am.  Alarm goes off at 5:30.  I swear if my wife didn't poke me I'd have overslept the last two mornings.

The Rangers started out terrible this year, but the last few weeks the injury replacement kids are showing that they can hold their own or even excel.  Isaiah Kiner-Falefa and Ronald Guzman look like they'll be infield regulars, hopefully for years to come.  Guzman is just a huge guy and is learning to wield the bat at the major league level, and while Kiner-Falefa doesn't have too much raw talent, he is one of the smartest players I've ever seen.  He may miss a play, but he never makes a mental error, and he does all the little things well.

Edited by Doohickie