The other sports thread

Eleven

UB got screwed on the seeding though. Deserved better than a 13.

11.  Shafted because the conference sux.  No credit given for recent past appearances, as other schools have received over the years (Gonzaga comes to mind as it rose in the early 2000s).

Yeah, I thought they’d be a 12. And Arizona is one hell of a 4 seed. Definitely an unfortunate draw.

3 and maybe even a 2.  But hey, gotta make sure that Duke and UNC are 2s...

11.  Shafted because the conference sux.  No credit given for recent past appearances, as other schools have received over the years (Gonzaga comes to mind as it rose in the early 2000s).

It seems with the new tournament structure that the 11 seeds are reserved for the last 4 at-large bids for the teams that didn't win the conference tournament. Not saying it is right, but you see a lot of "bad" big name schools getting that 11 seed play in (UCLA, Syracuse, Arizona St?) to prove they should be in.

IMO the wire to wire conference winners should be 10 or 11 seeds and the at-large last 4 should be 12 or 13 seeds. Gives more diversity to the round of 32 games as the conference winners don't get steamrolled by the Arizona's of the world.

It seems with the new tournament structure that the 11 seeds are reserved for the last 4 at-large bids for the teams that didn't win the conference tournament. Not saying it is right, but you see a lot of "bad" big name schools getting that 11 seed play in (UCLA, Syracuse, Arizona St?) to prove they should be in.

IMO the wire to wire conference winners should be 10 or 11 seeds and the at-large last 4 should be 12 or 13 seeds. Gives more diversity to the round of 32 games as the conference winners don't get steamrolled by the Arizona's of the world.

I can't agree more.

3 and maybe even a 2.  But hey, gotta make sure that Duke and UNC are 2s...

As a COMPLETELY objective UNC alum, I resent that remark about UNC- lol.  

Naturally I could not agree more about the dook part of your comment, but don't take my word for it.  Fans of Mercer, Lehigh, South Carolina, etc. all know what a paper tiger dook is!

Edit --- Go Bulls!!!

Edited by BagBoy

I legitimately don't know what to do right now. How do I handle ######? I'm more excited than when the Bills ended the drought.

1.  Figure out what time the Kentucky game is on Saturday.

2.  Order lots of pizza and wings.

3.  Watch Sabres-Blackhawks, Beauts-Whale, and Bulls-Wildcats II.

MORNING EDIT:  Ok, they scheduled UB for a reasonable time on Saturday (5:15), meaning you're going to have to watch the Bulls and Beauts at the same time.  You can do it.

Edited by Eleven

:unsure:

Plain old English (Canadian) would be better ...  :P

That said, it really doesn't matter that much.

"Well you see, Gord, the big round ball is kinda like a puck, eh, but they try to throw it not with a stick, but with their hands through that tiny net. But there's no one between the pipes to stop it!" "But Lanny, I don't see a penalty box!" "Well, when someone is a hoser, the other player gets two penalty shots, but they only count half. Bloody weird, eh?"

"Well you see, Gord, the big round ball is kinda like a puck, eh, but they try to throw it not with a stick, but with their hands through that tiny net. But there's no one between the pipes to stop it!" "But Lanny, I don't see a penalty box!" "Well, when someone is a hoser, the other player gets two penalty shots, but they only count half. Bloody weird, eh?"

Thank you.

Now I get it, eh.

Top 10 posts ever.

The Raptors are a force to be dealt with this year.  I hope that continues in the playoffs.

They have by far the best record in the East and have won 10 in a row, including one against Houston.  

Their record in pretty much on par with the elites in the West.

LeBron is LeBron and he will make it hard to beat the Cavs 4 out of 7 games.  I think the Raptors do it, assuming that the two teams meet again at some point again.

The Raptors are a force to be dealt with this year. I hope that continues in the playoffs.

They have by far the best record in the East and have won 10 in a row, including one against Houston.

Their record in pretty much on par with the elites in the West.

LeBron is LeBron and he will make it hard to beat the Cavs 4 out of 7 games. I think the Raptors do it, assuming that the two teams meet again at some point again.

I'm confident the Raptors are a better team than the Cavs. I'm also confident I'm not picking against LeBron until the Finals.

So could everybofy not attending UMBC that DIDN'T just have their bracket destroyed please raise their hands?

Bueller, Bueller, anybody?

:w00t:

Wow!  I figured someday some #16 would beat a #1 seed, but I damn sure didn't think it would be this game.  UVa wasn't some kind of iffy pick that got a #1 seed.  They were the best team in the country.  And they got hammered.  People will talk about this game long after we are all dead (hopefully).