The other sports thread

Eleven

Look, when I go off the handle over a game in the first quarter of a stupidly long season, then fine. Until then, you've got nothin'.

Well you just set up an impossible situation because absolutely nothing in the NBA season even matters until the Finals

Bookmarked for when Allen throws 3 picks in Minnesota.

I most certainly will not freak out when a rookie QB tosses 3 picks against one of the best defenses in the league. In fact, I don't plan on freaking out with Allen at all. The most I plan on doing is either "Told ya so" or "GOOD LORD THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME HORRIBLY WRONG I LOVE YOU FOOTBALL GODS!!!!"

Well you just set up an impossible situation because absolutely nothing in the NBA season even matters until the Finals

That's kinda my point. I don't freak out over the inane.

I most certainly will not freak out when a rookie QB tosses 3 picks against one of the best defenses in the league. In fact, I don't plan on freaking out with Allen at all. The most I plan on doing is either "Told ya so" or "GOOD LORD THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME HORRIBLY WRONG I LOVE YOU FOOTBALL GODS!!!!"

That's kinda my point. I don't freak out over the inane.

It's so easy to be level-headed in May. Wait until those twelve beers are coursing through your veins,and you see Benjamin wiiiiiiiiide open on the post route as the slant gets jumped easily and taken back for 6. 

:P

It's so easy to be level-headed in May. Wait until those twelve beers are coursing through your veins,and you see Benjamin wiiiiiiiiide open on the post route as the slant gets jumped easily and taken back for 6. 

:P

Hey now. Let's not conflate casual snark with actual anger. I make no claims of avoiding casual snark! :D

But baseball is never inane...

See: Woody's correct opinion on the sport.

It's just like soccer, ya gotta know the chess match. It's a sophisticated man's sport, True. It takes more than a GED to understand the deep intricacies of baseball

The only sport I'd consider chess is football. Regardless, baseball remains unwatchable on TV. It might not be as bad as watching golf or NASCAR, but it's not too far off. 

The only sport I'd consider chess is football. Regardless, baseball remains unwatchable on TV. It might not be as bad as watching golf or NASCAR, but it's not too far off. 

Woah woah woah, baseball, soccer, and football are all chess matches. 

Watching golf is awesome

NASCAR is easily the worst sport to ever exist. They just turn left, literally 600 times

I now have the take that pretty much every sport is amazing, and I could watch all of them on tv as long as somebody who understands it well is with me to explain things that would go over my head

I can't do Nascar, I just can't.

Cricket is a wild ride if you ever wanna get into that. 

Maybe I’m unique, but baseball is perfectly suited for my (insert millennial stereotype) attention span. While I have a game on, I’ll also be:

•talking to my wife about her day

•online shopping for my wife’s birthday present because oh that’s sneaking up

•looking at my phone to see what you hooligans say

•getting up to grab a snack

•tossing a toy for my dog to fetch

•flipping through a magazine

And I don’t miss anything because of the downtime between action. It’s perfectly enjoyable. You get up to use the bathroom during a hockey game, BOOM you missed two goals and then zero goals are scored the 58 minutes you do watch.

Baseball on TV is a calm, relaxing, summertime night.

At least Gray has sped up his delivery!

But yeah, you should probably get your ERA under 6:00 before deserving a personal catcher.

Yep, he's not good. Can't put his fastball past anyone and he gives up fly balls. Bad bad bad. He needs to get together with CC and learn something.

So, the Raptors were no match for LeBron, again.  The answer ... the usual ... fire the coach.

Three division titles and four playoff appearances in the last four years.  Three years in a row they were eliminated by LeBron.  Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't all the coaches fault, but what are you going to do?  Fire the players because they can't figure out that the playoffs are different?

That said, it was an indescribably stupid coaching decision to bench De Rosen for the entire 4th quarter in an extremely tight game 3 that was won by LeBron at the buzzer.  I don't care if he was having an terrible game.  You need your best player on the floor in that 4th quarter.

Bottom line ... the players were just not good enough to get it done in the playoffs ... again.

Yeah, very few in the NBA and NHL. And, in soccer very few American coaches over in Europe.

The last one makes a lot of sense.  The NBA thing even makes some sense.  But the paucity of European coaches in the NHL is just bizarre.

Jorge Linares vs Vasiliy Lomachenko tonight on ESPN for the lightweight titles. These two skinny little guys are the best in the division and probably 2 of the best 10 boxers on the planet. Can't wait! So glad ESPN is putting on good fights these days.

Me and the boys went out and shot a 59 yesterday to defend our title and win our second consecutive employee golf tournament. We had to fight for this one. Only -2 through 6 holes and we only won by 1 stroke.

Oh, does sunscreen expire? Because I'm burnt to a crisp and I put that stuff on in 2 coats.

Me and the boys went out and shot a 59 yesterday to defend our title and win our second consecutive employee golf tournament. We had to fight for this one. Only -2 through 6 holes and we only won by 1 stroke.

Oh, does sunscreen expire? Because I'm burnt to a crisp and I put that stuff on in 2 coats.

By 'me and the boys shot a 59' we all know you mean 'the boys shot a 59 while I got lost in the trees'