The other sports thread

Eleven

• 2 weeks later...

The Mets... Omar Minaya (you know, the guy who used to be the GM and absolutely crashed the franchise into the ground) hired by owner Fred Wilpon as "special assistant to the GM" behind the current GM's back (he just signed a new contract days ago). This after Wilpon's comments about how upset he is the Yankees got Stanton. While he has directed a cut in payroll for the Mets.

SELL THE TEAM YOU INVERTERATE ASSCLOWN.

• 3 weeks later...

Syracuse basketball has the worst team I've ever seen in 22 years of paying pretty close attention to them. They have next to no talent. And exactly 0 scorers.

They weren't supposed to be very good this year. Early season success lead many to think that Cuse had something, it turns out they are who wee thought they were. Not very good. Big time recruiting class coming in next year.

They weren't supposed to be very good this year. Early season success lead many to think that Cuse had something, it turns out they are who wee thought they were. Not very good. Big time recruiting class coming in next year.

I have no room on my team for Frank Howard. I've hated him for all 26 years he's been at Syracuse. Like, waaay more than I ever hated Scoop Jardine.

Not sure what you mean. If you mean how I found out, it took the front page of espn

Deadspin has been all over him for what seems like a year at this point. Basically every single female gymnast that has any clout has been assaulted by him. I've stopped reading the accusations at this point. They make my skin crawl.

Edited by ubkev

Deadspin has been all over him for what seems like a year at this point. Basically every single female gymnast that has any clout has been assaulted by him. I've stopped reading the accusations at this point. They make my skin crawl.

I hadn't really followed the story until now either. I can't fault anyone for not doing so. That said, what an unbelievable story of cover ups and denial. He may eclipse Sandusky on the scumbag meter. If he did that to anyone I cared about, he wouldn't be the one in jail.

I hadn't really followed the story until now either. I can't fault anyone for not doing so. That said, what an unbelievable story of cover ups and denial. He may eclipse Sandusky on the scumbag meter. If he did that to anyone I cared about, he wouldn't be the one in jail.

The Sandusky/Paterno scumbag meter can only ever be equalled, never eclipsed. Larry Nassar and USA Gymnastics 100% on par with those criminals in State College. And Bella and Marta Kyroli too!

Absolutely amazing (and sickeningly sad) that his actions went unchallenged for so long. Post Graham James really shocked that such high profile kids could have this happen to them.

Considering he was molesting girls in a back room off the main gymnastics floor with their parents in the facility ... lowest of the low.

Just learned about Larry Nassar. That dude can go eat a dick

Just read that ESPN article as well. Really sickening stuff and I can't believe the number of adults in power positions that heard stories and reported nothing. They should all be punished to allow/facilitate this kind of abuse to happen for so long and to so may innocent victims. :sick:

I saw where Nassar was saying it was cruel to make him sit through victim testimonies. 

Yeah. Sure. Cry me a river, you cretin. 

One of the reasons I quit gymnastics young was a creepy coach. He always made me feel unsettled, but I guess it wasn't until I started teaching children gymnastics oriented stuff myself that I realized there was no reason to grab us the way he would or do some of the things he did. He definitely got yelled at by parents a couple times for inappropriate methods- nothing ever came of it. 

Gymnastics as a whole is a suuuuper fu*ked up culture for so many reasons. It's improved a lot (read Little Girls in Pretty Boxes) but still.... Glad they're locking this guy up.

I saw where Nassar was saying it was cruel to make him sit through victim testimonies.

Yeah. Sure. Cry me a river, you cretin.

Clearly a deranged individual that has no idea of the gravity of his actions. I hope the insinuations I hear about how pedophiles are treated in prison are true. Because this dude cannot be ass raped enough.

Clearly a deranged individual that has no idea of the gravity of his actions. I hope the insinuations I hear about how pedophiles are treated in prison are true. Because this dude cannot be ass raped enough.

Jerry Sandusky has been isolated for his entire prison stay so far and so will Nassar. There is no justice.