The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Today I learned that Jordan Leopold doesn't wear socks in his skates. That's kind of gross.

If its hot out I don't wear socks in my skates.

Besides, the skates are the least gross part of hockey gear. Try playing a game at night then traveling and playing the next morning. The soaking wet shoulder pads/jock/elbows and shins feel absolutely 100 times worse than a little dampness in the skates. Yuck! Just thinking about ot reminds me of how gross it is!

I'm sorry did Kevin Sylvester just suggest that the NHL skip the Olympics because it falls just after the Super Bore and is prime time for having fans in Football markets watch hockey...

What the ###### do you think those people are watching when the Winter Olympics are on? They are watching, you guessed it HOCKEY. World class hockey. If that doesn't equate to more fans after that 14 day tournament ends than IDK what will. Not to mention it happens 1 time every 4 years. That gives you 3 years to "exploit" the non football days which run from Feb-June anyways. Dear god are you joking? I bet lots of players will love playing the NHL over the KHL when the NHL says you can't play for your country. But hey lets think inside the box and be genuinely clueless to life. If the NHL stops going to the Olympics it will solely be a money grab by NBC Sports because they want hockey money... I won't be watching NHL hockey then I will be watching USA hockey either way.

/END RANT

Today I learned that Jordan Leopold doesn't wear socks in his skates. That's kind of gross.

I never wore socks when playing, even in the winter.

Seems like it would be hard on his feet beyond the yuck factor.

Not really, even when wearing the old plastic boot (slipper) and later kangaroo skin skates (my favorites). You get a better feel of the ice without socks.

Edited by Bullwinkle III

Not really, even when wearing the old plastic boot (slipper) and later kangaroo skin skates (my favorites). You get a better feel of the ice without socks.

Must really contribute to the wonderful aromatics that permeate hockey locker rooms. :sick:

I recall reading in the Hockey News in the late 80's that Paul Coffey not only didn't wear socks in his skates, but that he wore skates that were two sizes too small, like a size 6 skate. He claimed he could feel the ice better with super tight skates and no socks.

I recall reading in the Hockey News in the late 80's that Paul Coffey not only didn't wear socks in his skates, but that he wore skates that were two sizes too small, like a size 6 skate. He claimed he could feel the ice better with super tight skates and no socks.

My roommate in college did that. He actually had to put a little Vasiline on his feet in order to squeeze them into the skates.

I would think taking a puck off the skate would be all the more painful. Ouch !

I never wore socks when I played hockey, either. Same exact reason.

Must really contribute to the wonderful aromatics that permeate hockey locker rooms. :sick:

I forgot to mention one important fact: I have no sense of smell. That makes things a lot easier.

I would think taking a puck off the skate would be all the more painful. Ouch !

A 1/8 inch piece of wool around the foot isn't going to provide any protection at all when hit by a slapshot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.