The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Darcy on the reality of moving up:

"Price is, and I spoke to teams as of yesterday, i can't get into which team it was. Team number 1,2, and 3 there resolve seems to have grown... as you move away from the top to teams 5 or 6 there becomes a possibility they can move a pick... if one of the players they want is available they won't trade the pick."

"Is there anything you would take from us (for that pick), and teams said no, no we'll make the pick"

"The teams that are in line in front of us are telling me they want centermen"

Edited by LGR4GM

"Price is, and I spoke to teams as of yesterday, i can't get into which team it was. Team number 1,2, and 3 there resolve seems to have grown... as you move away from the top to teams 5 or 6 there becomes a possibility they can move a pick... if one of the players they want is available they won't trade the pick."

"Is there anything you would take from us (for that pick), and teams said no, no we'll make the pick"

Sounds like you can forget Lindholm or Monahan unless they can move up based on the teams ahead coveting Centers.

oh man i will be so upset if we dont snag lindholm and end up with a d man

Darcy said he thinks there might be 6 elite prospects at the top of the draft, any ideas who #6 would be? Lindholm?

Jones, Drouin, MacKinnon, Barkov, Nichushkin, Lindholm. Others have said 5 elite types and have left Lindholm off but I think Lindholm's skill and tenacity will translate well.

"We are going to take who we think is the best player. We are going to take a forward or a defensemen. We will not be taking a goalie at 8."

:cry:

Darcy said he thinks there might be 6 elite prospects at the top of the draft, any ideas who #6 would be? Lindholm?

FUCALE!!

:P , but not really.

:flirt:

That would be my call. And I think he's got his fingered crossed, two of Edmonton, Calgary and Carolina prefer Nurse and Monahan.

That would be my call. And I think he's got his fingered crossed, two of Edmonton, Calgary and Carolina prefer Nurse and Monahan.

Actually now that I think about it what if we are looking at

Top 3 guys, Barkov, Lindholm and Monahan with Nichushkin be the outsider. Teams may see him as risky because of non russian things such as his conditioning and commitment/work ethic.

Jones, Drouin, MacKinnon, Barkov, Nichushkin, Lindholm. Others have said 5 elite types and have left Lindholm off but I think Lindholm's skill and tenacity will translate well.

I really think it is 5: Jones, Drouin, Mkinnon, Nichushin, Barkov. The next 4 are Lindholm, Nurse, Ristolainen, Monahan IMO.

Where Buffalo sits at 8 they will have their choice of between 2 of the second group. It's a good place to be.

If Buffalo can't trade up to the 4 or 5 spot they might as well wait IMO.

Darcy asked the Minnesota GM if he thought Larsson was ready to play in the NHL. The GM responded he thought he was ready to go right now.

Also of note for those who didn't follow the Amerks every night. Girgensons played on Larsson's left wing once the acquired him and they had great chemistry.

These two cannot articulate a complete thought between them. It's like listening to two guys who have been drinking beer in the sun all day, but without the slurring.

The irony is last night on twitter, Peters was ripping into LeBron's english during post game interviews. I was just laughing to myself at that point. LeBron's english isn't perfect by any stretch, but he at least puts coherent thoughts together and can form complete sentences.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

The irony is last night on twitter, Peters was ripping into LeBron's english during post game interviews. I was just laughing to myself at that point. LeBron's english isn't perfect by any stretch, but he at least puts coherent thoughts together and can form complete sentences.

uh, duh...ya know....like...ya know....I dunno...ya know? would be a typical Peter's utterance. He's horrible to say the least.

uh, duh...ya know....like...ya know....I dunno...ya know? would be a typical Peter's utterance. He's horrible to say the least.

I actually like Andrew Peters contributions to the show, but you are right, there are too many instances of the above. I hope he is aware of this shortcoming and works on not seizing the mic until he has clearly formed the point he wants to make. It's ok to take a little extra time if that's needed to make the thoughts line up in your mind.

I would much more like to see Kevin Sylvester replaced by Brian Duff than getting rid of Peters. Duff is good, and also understands how to make better use of what Andrew Peters can bring to the show. That said, Brian Duff is probably too good an asset to waste on the fourth line of media offerings from the Sabres. All in all, I enjoy the show as it gives me something to listen to on the way in to work, and every now and then they have some very interesting guests on as well.

Darcy asked the Minnesota GM if he thought Larsson was ready to play in the NHL. The GM responded he thought he was ready to go right now.

Also of note for those who didn't follow the Amerks every night. Girgensons played on Larsson's left wing once the acquired him and they had great chemistry.

Put those two with Foligno. Boom! Checking line or the next decade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.