The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

I have no issues with Peters. At least he is honest; you know where he stands (at least at that moment. :) )

I have issues with Peters, and that is that too often he just stays silent or breaks of a sentence in mid air. That said, I think he brings a very interesting perspective, and that is the perspective of a fringe NHL player who did what he had to to play in the NHL. On display today for example. Even though I completely disagree with his argument about the KHL and NHL and relationship between the two leagues, it's very interesting to hear his thoughts on the topic.

I have issues with Peters, and that is that too often he just stays silent or breaks of a sentence in mid air. That said, I think he brings a very interesting perspective, and that is the perspective of a fringe NHL player who did what he had to to play in the NHL. On display today for example. Even though I completely disagree with his argument about the KHL and NHL and relationship between the two leagues, it's very interesting to hear his thoughts on the topic.

His logic of running and potentially injuring a newly acquired draft pick because of an attitude problem is completely ridiculous.

His logic of running and potentially injuring a newly acquired draft pick because of an attitude problem is completely ridiculous.

I didn't say I agree with him, but it is an interesting point, and I am pretty sure there are other 'old skool' players who think the same way. I certainly have seen similar things on a much lower level of competition than the NHL, so that is an important thing to consider in the discussion. If Andrew Peters were able to articulate himself a little better, I would really enjoy his perspective. The same goes for Kevin Sylvester if he was Brian Duff.

I didn't say I agree with him, but it is an interesting point, and I am pretty sure there are other 'old skool' players who think the same way. I certainly have seen similar things on a much lower level of competition than the NHL, so that is an important thing to consider in the discussion. If Andrew Peters were able to articulate himself a little better, I would really enjoy his perspective. The same goes for Kevin Sylvester if he was Brian Duff.

You may be right, but I think it's rooted in jealousy and a dislike of European players. It's a new day and players owe it to themselves to weigh all of their options in their best interest.

You may be right, but I think it's rooted in jealousy and a dislike of European players. It's a new day and players owe it to themselves to weigh all of their options in their best interest.

The fear of the competition from the KHL lays in thick layers on Andrew Peters, again, I disagree with him. I think it's awesome for European hockey to get a well established pro league, and I think the competition will (eventually) force the NHL to get better. Anyway, the machimo mindset of 'teaching a rookie' when they don't 'do it the right way' or show up a veteran that's grinded his way through the process or similar is nothing new or confined just to hockey. It's part of competitive sports at all levels, and indeed very stupid.

...and I think Petey was saying it may have been in his best interest to run a player not fully committed the the NHL. Easiest way to get yourself a spot, run the pusses off the team. Not saying I agree (okay a small part of me does) but for a North American kid who lives, breathes and dies to play one minute in the NHL, it's gotta really leave a bad taste in your mouth for someone who appreciates it as little as Nuchuskin has stated.

...and I think Petey was saying it may have been in his best interest to run a player not fully committed the the NHL. Easiest way to get yourself a spot, run the pusses off the team. Not saying I agree (okay a small part of me does) but for a North American kid who lives, breathes and dies to play one minute in the NHL, it's gotta really leave a bad taste in your mouth for someone who appreciates it as little as Nuchuskin has stated.

I definitely get where he's coming from, but no way a team allows that to actually come to fruition on ice with a marginally talented player teaching a lesson to less grateful highly valued asset like a Nichushkin.

Schopp just got pwned by Hamilton about the whole Darcy/Larry Quinn/Danny Briere situation. Schopp was defiant to a caller earlier about Darcy screwing up the Breire situation then a half hour later Phams inadvertently sticks it in Schopps face. Elation!

BTW, Schopp's main talking point today has been about next years free agent class and how awesome it's goin to be. All the while ignoring the fact that 90% of those guys will re-sign with their current team or whatever team they are traded to at the deadline.

Schopp just got pwned by Hamilton about the whole Darcy/Larry Quinn/Danny Briere situation. Schopp was defiant to a caller earlier about Darcy screwing up the Breire situation then a half hour later Phams inadvertently sticks it in Schopps face. Elation!

BTW, Schopp's main talking point today has been about next years free agent class and how awesome it's goin to be. All the while ignoring the fact that 90% of those guys will re-sign with their current team or whatever team they are traded to at the deadline.

RIGHT!!! OMG I just wanted to yell that at him.

RIGHT!!! OMG I just wanted to yell that at him.

And here is again asking Paul Hamilton the same question! Mike Schopp or Mike Dope?

I can't make it to dev camp so I'm listening this morning. During skating tests Peters said someone looked sluggish but wouldn't say his name to protect him. WTF? It a public practice man. "Hey there's a slow guy out there....." what great radio.

He did say Zemgus was fast. Looked very explosive.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.