The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

I have been listening to this show all week and I gotta say its a lot of fun to have interviews with Jeaneret and Biron and even Peters (who is surprisingly funny). What say you sabers ppl? Anyone else listening? People like it better than Cowherd?

I personally love it. I think Sylvester has a good head for hockey and he also comes at things from a fan type standpoint. He talked about Shane Doan and Parise today and I found it interesting just to hear what someone within the organization had to say.

Edited by LGR4GM

I've only listened to a little bit of the show but like it so far. But hell, I would prefer dead radio silence over Cowherd.

You mean you didn't love it when Coward called hockey a "niche" sport that was basically ignored by most of the american sports fans? I would rather trade Pominville for Semin than listen to Cowherd fain interest in Hockey and talk down about it. Cowherd should just discuss football all year because thats all any espn stooge can do.

You mean you didn't love it when Coward called hockey a "niche" sport that was basically ignored by most of the american sports fans? I would rather trade Pominville for Semin than listen to Cowherd fain interest in Hockey and talk down about it. Cowherd should just discuss football all year because thats all any espn stooge can do.

I usually referred to it as "The Lebron James Show" with other ppl that I know who listen to him.

Well hockey really is a ""niche" sport that was basically ignored by most of the american sports fans" but that doesn't mean it isn't the best sport. :)

Edited by nobody

I have been listening to this show all week and I gotta say its a lot of fun to have interviews with Jeaneret and Biron and even Peters (who is surprisingly funny). What say you sabers ppl? Anyone else listening? People like it better than Cowherd?

I personally love it. I think Sylvester has a good head for hockey and he also comes at things from a fan type standpoint. He talked about Shane Doan and Parise today and I found it interesting just to hear what someone within the organization had to say.

I have to say that I have been surprisingly enjoyng the little I have been able to listen to. However, I can't see how they can keep it interesting from mid July through late August. So far, though, thumbs up. By the way I mostly enjoyed Cowherd.

I have to say that I have been surprisingly enjoyng the little I have been able to listen to. However, I can't see how they can keep it interesting from mid July through late August. So far, though, thumbs up. By the way I mostly enjoyed Cowherd.

Another member of the herd ... me too.

I couldn't get behind Cowherd. I gave him multiple shots but he left me dissapointed. I have enjoyed the K Slice show for the most part. As mentioned it will be interesting to see if the show can stay fresh in the dog days of summer.

I'm sure he'll be scouring this forum for material. Expect shows dedicated to the discussion of boobies, music, and strange diseases.

I don't like Cowherd. Yet a failure to accept the fact that hockey is a niche sport, is ostrich like. Understand, this is a comment from a 31 yr Sabre season ticket holder who loves the game in it's pure form.

Who or what are sabers?

Cowherd once in a blue moon is interesting. But you have to sift thru to much hay. His analysis of the NBA playoffs was redundant and unoriginal if that is a word. He just repeated everything the analysts on the NBA show said and just repeated and repeated and repeated it over and over again. I hated the NBA even more after listening to one of his last shows, yet I still like basketball.

The NHL hockey comment proves he is not a real sports fan nor is ESPN a sports network anymore. To put down another sport just cause you don't cover it is straight political. I like to compare ESPN programing of hockey to political debate... attack your opponent and never talk about the issue you are weak on.

Face it Cowherd and ESPN fear hockey, it hurts their bottom line.

I'm not a big fan of Sylvester being on the air by himself. I love listening to the guy. He knows his hockey and such, but when he's by himself it gets really dry. He needs someone there to bounce things off of. Pair him up with a solid co-host and the show will be perfect. Honestly, I'd love to have Peters join the show full time. The guy is great to listen to and I think they play off each other very well.

I would love a league-wide NHL show in that slot, but I'll take this. And as others have said, I'd take just about anything over Cowherd. Good lord.

"LeBron USC SEC LeBron Jeter Yankees Brady SEC Tiger Brady SEC LeBron."

Anyone catch the interview he had with Kaleta? It's on sabres.com but at the end of the interview he made mention to something that they were working on with MSG for broadcasting in the fall. I'm interested to know who has the inside scope on what this could be?

I love two hours of Sabres talk daily, I agree with the poster that having Peters as a full time co-host may make it even better. This show is long over due in Buffalo.

We seem to have alot of posters who dislike Cowherd, I'm curious why? His financial security is tied to ratings, ratings are based on the size of his audience, his audience listens because they want to hear what he's saying. He talks about what the majority of the country wants to hear. There are lots of options on both national and local broadcasts for people to listen to, but his affiliates continue to grow.

Just curious why it seems such a large segment of posters on here seem to hate him.

I love two hours of Sabres talk daily, I agree with the poster that having Peters as a full time co-host may make it even better. This show is long over due in Buffalo.

We seem to have alot of posters who dislike Cowherd, I'm curious why? His financial security is tied to ratings, ratings are based on the size of his audience, his audience listens because they want to hear what he's saying. He talks about what the majority of the country wants to hear. There are lots of options on both national and local broadcasts for people to listen to, but his affiliates continue to grow.

Just curious why it seems such a large segment of posters on here seem to hate him.

Probably because WGR is the home of the Sabres and Bills and western NY and we don't care about anything else he has to say about the NBA and other sports. Pretty much why I don't listen to Bulldogs hobby show. If I cared about that stuff I would listen. I really don't listen to Jim Rome that much but he is at least all over the board and not just NBA talk 90% of the time.

Edited by ROC Sabres

Probably because WGR is the voice of the Sabres and Bills and western NY and we don't care about anything else he has to say about the NBA and other sports. Pretty much why I don't listen to Bulldogs hobby show. If I cared about that stuff I would listen. I really don't listen to Jim Rome that much but he is at least all over the board and not just NBA talk 90% of the time.

Rome is worse than Cowherd by a mile. The guy is obnoxious and spends half his time doing stupid smack talk competitions. The fact that there are people out there who spend their days writing little smack talk essays to read on the phone is one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Not to mention his show could be condensed down to 45 minutes with all the dead air between him repeating himself over and over again. I'd rather listen to that old lady on WGR on saturday mornings.

Rome is worse than Cowherd by a mile. The guy is obnoxious and spends half his time doing stupid smack talk competitions. The fact that there are people out there who spend their days writing little smack talk essays to read on the phone is one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Not to mention his show could be condensed down to 45 minutes with all the dead air between him repeating himself over and over again. I'd rather listen to that old lady on WGR on saturday mornings.

Oh I agree. I just dislike Cowherd more because it seems like he tries to act like Rome and fails miserably.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.