Paul Gaustad to Nashville

spndnchz

if it is indeed a first, regier's status just went up quite a bit. a second ... meh. status quo. third? he's a worse GM than we even thought possible.

No matter what he got for Goose, my opinion of Regier hasn't changed. Selling off 1 UFA tells me nothing about Regier's plan for this team long-term, or that he has some grand vision he's going to put into action. And if keeping the same group together for next year is the plan...then...holy moly.

No matter what he got for Goose, my opinion of Regier hasn't changed. Selling off 1 UFA tells me nothing about Regier's plan for this team long-term, or that he has some grand vision he's going to put into action. And if keeping the same group together for next year is the plan...then...holy moly.

Yeah, IMHO no reason not to dump Boyes for just about any return. Boyes hasn't done a thing this year and at this point we'd be better off giving one of the kids (Foligno, Tropp, etc.) his spot.

Can you please break that down mathematically?

GO SABRES!!!

There isn't a Jimmy Johnson value chart that I know of, if someone does though...that would be great to see.

Common sense.....time has value. You don't get anything of tangible value in return for Gaustad until July 2013. It could have been July 2012. Was having Tyler Myers for an extra year worth anything?

Unless it's a 2013....which is like a 2nd this year.

Didn't even enter as a possibility. If that is what they got for him, this will have been a (more) frustrating day. Realizing that Nashville COULD fall off the face of the map next year depending on how many key guys walk, but I'd be MUCH happier w/ a mid-2nd this year than a 1st in '13.

I'll wait to see the confirmation of what they actually got for him before going to the :censored: smiley.

There isn't a Jimmy Johnson value chart that I know of, if someone does though...that would be great to see.

Common sense.....time has value. You don't get anything of tangible value in return for Gaustad until July 2013. It could have been July 2012. Was having Tyler Myers for an extra year worth anything?

Yea I'm not sure if the NHL is the same way, but in the NFL a pick one year away is worth the same as a pick one round later this season. 2013 1st = 2012 2nd, 2013 2nd = 2012 3rd, etc. It's based on what you said about time, and also uncertainty. Don't know what next year's draft class will ultimately look like this early (hell even this year's slotting isn't really set as per prospect rankings), don't know where that pick is going to be, and so on. No immediate return + uncertainty = lesser current value.

How could the Sabres lose this guy? They'll never win another face off.

Good luck to the guy. Nashville is the Western Conference team I'm rooting for anyway. Now I have another reason.

That's the wrong way to think about it. The worse Nashville does the BETTER that pick becomes. If you're just thinking from a Sabres perspective you should be cheering against Nashville. This is all under the assumption the Sabres were given a 2012 draft pick as compensation.

Archived