Paul Gaustad to Nashville

spndnchz

Unbelieveable return for Gaustad. Unbelievable! I love Goose. He was a great Buffalo kind of guy and Sabre. But, let's be real. All he did was win faceoffs, and I will give him credit that he was pretty decent in the role of a third line checking center against the other team's top line. But, he brings no offense. To get a first round pick for that is unbelievable. It's a great return and the Sabres have 2 first round picks this year.

If they could have rid themselves of Boyes, but I understand moving that contract would have been impossible. I will commend DR for getting a first for Gaustad. Amazing!

Why lose out the regular season?

I thought they counted playoff success when calculating the depth of the team's pick. If not, then I'm with you!!

I think the draft order is based on the regular season only. The Sabres picked 20th overall in Summer 1999 even though they'd lost in the SC Finals only a few days before.

Really? i mean yeah we got a first rounder.......but were obviously sellers. Goose was our best faceoff man and great on the powerplay as well as shutting down the oppenents best player. We are going to see just how much Goose meant to this team. Now who's going to stand up and fight? Kaleta? kassian?

Even if Kass was still a Sabre, it wasn't like he was fighting everyone...he had two fights. Kaleta may have to scrap more. I'm guessing Regehr, Weber, will pick up the slack. Maybe Tropp or Foligno if hey are called up. God forbid if Stafford decided to drop the gloves...

Even if Kass was still a Sabre, it wasn't like he was fighting everyone...he had two fights. Kaleta may have to scrap more. I'm guessing Regehr, Weber, will pick up the slack. Maybe Tropp or Foligno if hey are called up. God forbid if Stafford decided to drop the gloves...

Stafford on LTIR would rock.

Archived