Paul Gaustad to Nashville

spndnchz

Nashville is a lock to make the playoffs. Does anyone know whether draft order is fixed at the end of the regular season, or does it depend on playoff achievement? i.e. what # is the pick if Nashville finishes, say, in 5th place in the NHL in the regular season (which they are in right now), but they lose in the 1st round?

Nashville is a lock to make the playoffs. Does anyone know whether draft order is fixed at the end of the regular season, or does it depend on playoff achievement? i.e. what # is the pick if Nashville finishes, say, in 5th place in the NHL in the regular season (which they are in right now), but they lose in the 1st round?

It's regular season finish.

That's the wrong way to think about it. The worse Nashville does the BETTER that pick becomes. If you're just thinking from a Sabres perspective you should be cheering against Nashville. This is all under the assumption the Sabres were given a 2012 draft pick as compensation.

I get it, but I still like Nashville and will root for Gaustad.

I like the Sabres and don't feel the need to want them to lose for improvement and that will be the pick that really matters. (because it should be much higher).

Playoff Performance and Record Combo. All the teams eliminated each round are rank be Reg Season Record.

The cup finalists get the last two picks. The rest are determined by standings (unless someone wins the lottery and jumps up a few spots).

Well, the ONE move that was made was at least decent.. and you give up a rental player. I guess the rest of the roster can wait until the off season. It was a very underwhelming day overall.

I can only imagine what the hell the asking price for Roy was.. but it seems like he could have been moved.

Archived