Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Day one of Nickel City Comicon went well- if you're going today or tomorrow, stop by booth A19 and say hi! Selling my prints and women's hockey stuff :)

I get to hang out with the creator of Kicking Ice, and it turns out we're long lost clones. We both love hockey/have played as the only chick on a team, both are creative, both are obsessed with serial killers, both love stealth fighter jets, both have a long history of doing martial arts.... it's pretty neat. 

Edited by josie

So we are driving across country to Seattle with lots of stops. Hit the maid of the mist, Stayed in Mackinaw City at a great camp ground, then Lake Superior and the Madeleine Islands Kayaking in caves by a Red Cliff Cherokee guide wow!... thru Superior Wi and Duluth, Mn. picked up some water worn iron pellets on the beaches. then we stopped off in St Paul MN, saw the new Vikings stadium impressive and now in Meduro ND headed for glacier Nation Park but not before we some Buffalo and take pictures with a statue of Teddy Roosevelt. Then off too Seattle, Vancouver, Oregon Coast and San Fran Alcatraz. On way back hitting Yellowstone aand Badlands. Will Post pics on a gallery later. Neat for our boys. Camping in a converted homemade former haul trailer most of the way.

So we are driving across country to Seattle with lots of stops. Hit the maid of the mist, Stayed in Mackinaw City at a great camp ground, then Lake Superior and the Madeleine Islands Kayaking in caves by a Red Cliff Cherokee guide wow!... thru Superior Wi and Duluth, Mn. picked up some water worn iron pellets on the beaches. then we stopped off in St Paul MN, saw the new Vikings stadium impressive and now in Meduro ND headed for glacier Nation Park but not before we some Buffalo and take pictures with a statue of Teddy Roosevelt. Then off too Seattle, Vancouver, Oregon Coast and San Fran Alcatraz. On way back hitting Yellowstone aand Badlands. Will Post pics on a gallery later. Neat for our boys. Camping in a converted homemade former haul trailer most of the way.

Dude that sounds awesome for sure! Making my travels seem like child's play :)

Day one of Nickel City Comicon went well- if you're going today or tomorrow, stop by booth A19 and say hi! Selling my prints and women's hockey stuff :)

I get to hang out with the creator of Kicking Ice, and it turns out we're long lost clones. We both love hockey/have played as the only chick on a team, both are creative, both are obsessed with serial killers, both love stealth fighter jets, both have a long history of doing martial arts.... it's pretty neat. 

There are two of you?!!?

Did you watch that Netflix show Mindhunter?

Did you watch that Netflix show Mindhunter?

Ayup

I listen to Last Podcast on the Left pretty much daily, we're both Murderinos (My Favorite Murder- admittedly not my fav but has a different viewpoint), and I watch docs/read about all manner of horrible sh!t constantly. My encyclopedic knowledge of serial killers is pretty useless but a great/awful party trick. 

Dude that sounds awesome for sure! Making my travels seem like child's play :)

Holy crap the Buffalo come right up near you and look at you curious as you are looking at them. PS Billings Montana is an oil a gas arm pit but lots of other nice looking towns. Camping outside Bozeman tonight then headed for Glacier National Park. Still snow on top of the mountains. PS Went by where our Lord and Savior grew up in Minnesota a few days ago. Right outside of Minneapolis. Didn’t realize it was so close.

Ayup

I listen to Last Podcast on the Left pretty much daily, we're both Murderinos (My Favorite Murder- admittedly not my fav but has a different viewpoint), and I watch docs/read about all manner of horrible sh!t constantly. My encyclopedic knowledge of serial killers is pretty useless but a great/awful party trick. 

Have you read I'll be Gone in the Dark?  If not, and you're into that, I'd recommend it.  I finished it up a few weeks ago.  Was in the middle of reading it when they actually caught the guy.  Which was mind-bending.  

Nice!

Holy crap the Buffalo come right up near you and look at you curious as you are looking at them. PS Billings Montana is an oil a gas arm pit but lots of other nice looking towns. Camping outside Bozeman tonight then headed for Glacier National Park. Still snow on top of the mountains. PS Went by where our Lord and Savior grew up in Minnesota a few days ago. Right outside of Minneapolis. Didn’t realize it was so close.

Was the sun shining? Were angels singing? Does his mom ride a donkey around town while the other villagers lay palms leaves down in front of her? Please say yes.

Have you read I'll be Gone in the Dark?  If not, and you're into that, I'd recommend it.  I finished it up a few weeks ago.  Was in the middle of reading it when they actually caught the guy.  Which was mind-bending.  

No but I want to. Hell of a case. Incredible- and McNamara had a lot to do with that case ever being closed. 

:lol:  Well played, Miro.

So jealous... it's on my list.

Got a 6lb prime rib roast, slathered up with butter, herbs, garlic, smoking on the pit boss until medium rare, twice baked potatoes and grilled corn on the cob. It's 94 degrees here in Indiana, and some time away with the family until I have to return to that hell of a hospital.

Got a 6lb prime rib roast, slathered up with butter, herbs, garlic, smoking on the pit boss until medium rare, twice baked potatoes and grilled corn on the cob. It's 94 degrees here in Indiana, and some time away with the family until I have to return to that hell of a hospital.

You've gotta find another hospital, man.

You've gotta find another hospital, man.

It's not the hospital, it's the job. I'm not opposed to working hard, but it's impossible to find a career that allows me financial/freedom that this does. So it's a give take, and big picture it's almost worth the miserable-ness there for the travel I get to do

Prime rib roast is an outstanding cut of meat.

It's amazing, I had them cut me a roast at Martin's last week when I was seeing family, I seared the outside with garlic butter, thyme, rosemary, and oregano. Then let it smoke/slow cook for a few hours until 110 degrees internally, then covered with foil and towel and let it rest for 25 minutes. I'm sad I don't have anymore to eat

We spent the weekend in NYC with my sister-in-law and her BF. Mostly in Brooklyn, but we also ventured into Staten Island, Manhattan, and the Bronx for a Yankees game.

I ate more bagels than I care to admit. Also consumed pizza, family-style Italian, Chinese, ice cream, coffee... Basically the entire trip was eating. And that’s all we wanted out of it, so mission accomplished!