Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Got my ears cleaned out at the Urgent Care. A copay well spent.

I need to get an ENT so I can just schedule regular cleanings.

Tinnitus?  This stuff works well for impacted ear wax, although the sensation of it trickling into your ear canal is just terrible (tickles!):

https://www.similasanusa.com/ear-wax-relief

Tinnitus? This stuff works well for impacted ear wax, although the sensation of it trickling into your ear canal is just terrible (tickles!):

https://www.similasanusa.com/ear-wax-relief

I've tried all the over the counter things and they just aren't powerful enough. I have the world's toughest ear wax. My only option is to go to the doctor and have them scoop me out with a speculum and the big irrigation syringe :sick:

I'll do it for half what they charged. Or whatever you can pay. PM me.

And have you pocket my DNA? Risky.

I've tried all the over the counter things and they just aren't powerful enough. I have the world's toughest ear wax. My only option is to go to the doctor and have them scoop me out with a speculum and the big irrigation syringe :sick:

Yikes!  That sounds... unpleasant.

Today is the one year anniversary of breaking my leg.. It serves as a unique benchmark to reflect on the changes in my life. At the time, I was incredibly bummed and was very pessimistic about the future. The injury sucked, the surgery sucked, being immobile sucked, the rehab sucked... seemingly nothing would ever be better again :P Funny how short term setbacks can cloud our perspective.

Since this day last year:

-I got married and honeymooned in Hawaii

-We bought a condo in one of the nicest suburbs in Columbus (a far cry from our former townhome in a dicey neighborhood downtown)

-I (somewhat inadvertently) set up a lovely couple by introducing my best friend from college to my brother in law. She has moved down here to be with him (and us!)

-We rescued a sweetheart of a dog that loves lazy TV nights as much as we do

-Just this week I submitted my resignation from my current job, which was long overdue. It has really been dragging me down and keeping me away from family priorities. I have accepted a new position that I should really enjoy at a company that seems incredible.

Oh, and my leg feels great!

Got my ears cleaned out at the Urgent Care. A copay well spent.

I need to get an ENT so I can just schedule regular cleanings.

Use colace, if In a capsule, break it open and put into your ear, then a soft flush at home will easily do it, if you can find liquid colace then you're def solid. Way better than any peroxide based solution.

Just had a nice little gong show here at work. A real donnybrook. I'm surprised no one got hit with a chair, to be honest. It was a good way to get the blood pumping at 5am. Lots of screaming then punches then melee. Then I get to back away from it all and let other people sort out the show.

Today is the one year anniversary of breaking my leg.. It serves as a unique benchmark to reflect on the changes in my life. At the time, I was incredibly bummed and was very pessimistic about the future. The injury sucked, the surgery sucked, being immobile sucked, the rehab sucked... seemingly nothing would ever be better again :P Funny how short term setbacks can cloud our perspective.

Since this day last year:

-I got married and honeymooned in Hawaii

-We bought a condo in one of the nicest suburbs in Columbus (a far cry from our former townhome in a dicey neighborhood downtown)

-I (somewhat inadvertently) set up a lovely couple by introducing my best friend from college to my brother in law. She has moved down here to be with him (and us!)

-We rescued a sweetheart of a dog that loves lazy TV nights as much as we do

-Just this week I submitted my resignation from my current job, which was long overdue. It has really been dragging me down and keeping me away from family priorities. I have accepted a new position that I should really enjoy at a company that seems incredible.

Oh, and my leg feels great!

Great year...may you have many more like this!

Just had a nice little gong show here at work. A real donnybrook. I'm surprised no one got hit with a chair, to be honest. It was a good way to get the blood pumping at 5am. Lots of screaming then punches then melee. Then I get to back away from it all and let other people sort out the ###### show.

Which Sabre started it?

Just had a nice little gong show here at work. A real donnybrook. I'm surprised no one got hit with a chair, to be honest. It was a good way to get the blood pumping at 5am. Lots of screaming then punches then melee. Then I get to back away from it all and let other people sort out the ###### show.

I now know what a gong show is. Never heard it used like that before.

As Weavestradamus portended a while back, those hinky windshield wipers of mine gave up the ghost again — on I 95 south of Richmond. What's awesome is that I had just emerged from all the rain and mist and it didn't rain again. Well, not until I was within a half mile of my destination. Two seconds before I would have had to have stopped in the road, I spotted a church on a little hill to my right and Sullenbergered the car into their driveway. (Yes, it does make me question my agnosticism). THEN my niece's neighbor is a mechanic and he fixed them on Christmas Eve for 40 bucks. Coming home, the snow had departed PA, the roads were fine and I got to enjoy a white christmas for a couple of hours.

All awesome, indeed.

As Weavestradamus portended a while back, those hinky windshield wipers of mine gave up the ghost again — on I 95 south of Richmond. What's awesome is that I had just emerged from all the rain and mist and it didn't rain again. Well, not until I was within a half mile of my destination. Two seconds before I would have had to have stopped in the road, I spotted a church on a little hill to my right and Sullenbergered the car into their driveway. (Yes, it does make me question my agnosticism). THEN my niece's neighbor is a mechanic and he fixed them on Christmas Eve for 40 bucks. Coming home, the snow had departed PA, the roads were fine and I got to enjoy a white christmas for a couple of hours.

All awesome, indeed.

Glad it all worked out.  Not glad I was right.

What was the repair?

Glad it all worked out.  Not glad I was right.

What was the repair?

One of the bushings that held the wiper arm to the wiper linkage was bad. I take it that wiper linkage= wiper transmission. The repair might not be a permanent fix, which I guess is why Monro suggested replacing the whole kit and kaboodle.

I’m very impressed with Mrs. iT’s willingness to go skating. She claimed she couldn’t skate and was terrible, coming home with swollen knees every time. I figured it was the fault of the figure skates that she had tried. I got her in a pair of hockey skates a size small and she does very well. Hasn’t fallen yet.

I finally remembered that I used to lace one eye down and tried that tonight. OMG it felt really good. I could get into my edges much harder and overall had much better control. I’m going to lace two eyes down tomorrow just to see. I’m really glad I decided to get back into it. I love it and Mrs. iT likes it or at the very least, doesn’t mind. Doesn’t get any better than that.

I’m very impressed with Mrs. iT’s willingness to go skating. She claimed she couldn’t skate and was terrible, coming home with swollen knees every time. I figured it was the fault of the figure skates that she had tried. I got her in a pair of hockey skates a size small and she does very well. Hasn’t fallen yet.

I finally remembered that I used to lace one eye down and tried that tonight. OMG it felt really good. I could get into my edges much harder and overall had much better control. I’m going to lace two eyes down tomorrow just to see. I’m really glad I decided to get back into it. I love it and Mrs. iT likes it or at the very least, doesn’t mind. Doesn’t get any better than that.

:thumbsup: