Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I don't know where to put this.  It doesn't deserve its own thread.  I guess I'll put it here.

Any of you numbskulls ever been to Frankfurt, Germany?  If so, I need to know what I should be doing with my day-and-a-half of free time I'll have on an upcoming business trip.

I don't know where to put this.  It doesn't deserve its own thread.  I guess I'll put it here.

Any of you numbskulls ever been to Frankfurt, Germany?  If so, I need to know what I should be doing with my day-and-a-half of free time I'll have on an upcoming business trip.

Find yourself a nice beer garden ... there are plenty ... and sit there ...  :beer:

Oh, and bring a lot of Euros with you.

I don't know where to put this. It doesn't deserve its own thread. I guess I'll put it here.

Any of you numbskulls ever been to Frankfurt, Germany? If so, I need to know what I should be doing with my day-and-a-half of free time I'll have on an upcoming business trip.

I don't like leaving my own country, Doug, and I especially don't like leaving it for anything less than warm sandy beaches, and cocktails with little straw hats!

Took my 10 year old kid to Rochester for a hockey tournament, spent an ungodly amount of money doing all sorts of stuff (Sabres game, Gold Carpet, bought him an Eichel jersey that his mother still doesn't know the price of, ate wings, knee hockey, swam in the pool, up until all hours of the night, played 4 hockey games, etc.)  Kid's team finishes 4th out of 6 teams, obviously a little disappointing.  Drove 6 hours home today in a quiet car, sent him up for bed when we get home because he has school in the morning.  5 minutes later he comes back down and unsolicited gives me a big hug and says "Thank you for bringing me to Rochester, Dad, it was awesome."  Kid turns around goes back upstairs and is now asleep.  Totally worth every penny.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Took my 10 year old kid to Rochester for a hockey tournament, spent an ungodly amount of money doing all sorts of stuff (Sabres game, Gold Carpet, bought him an Eichel jersey that his mother still doesn't know the price of, ate wings, knee hockey, swam in the pool, up until all hours of the night, played 4 hockey games, etc.)  Kid's team finishes 4th out of 6 teams, obviously a little disappointing.  Drove 6 hours home today in a quiet car, sent him up for bed when we get home because he has school in the morning.  5 minutes later he comes back down and unsolicited gives me a big hug and says "Thank you for bringing me to Rochester, Dad, it was awesome."  Kid turns around goes back upstairs and is now asleep.  Totally worth every penny.

Sounds like you won the weekend. Good on you for being a great Dad

Took my 10 year old kid to Rochester for a hockey tournament, spent an ungodly amount of money doing all sorts of stuff (Sabres game, Gold Carpet, bought him an Eichel jersey that his mother still doesn't know the price of, ate wings, knee hockey, swam in the pool, up until all hours of the night, played 4 hockey games, etc.) Kid's team finishes 4th out of 6 teams, obviously a little disappointing. Drove 6 hours home today in a quiet car, sent him up for bed when we get home because he has school in the morning. 5 minutes later he comes back down and unsolicited gives me a big hug and says "Thank you for bringing me to Rochester, Dad, it was awesome." Kid turns around goes back upstairs and is now asleep. Totally worth every penny.

Awesome.

The basketball team at the poor-ass high school were my wife teaches took on the team from the affluent whitey part of town in their first playoff game in several years.  The coach sat his best player because he thought he could act like a turd the day of the big game but the coach rightly disciplined him and let him ride the pine for the whole game.  It took overtime, but the team from my wife's school won!

2 days ago I went to a coffee shop for the first time in my life. I had lunch with my lady. It was good. Really good. Excellent sammich!

Today was my first time ever going to a brewery. We have a little family friendly brewery and tap room that's right around the corner from our place. I drank craft beer. I never drink craft beer. Atmosphere was a little different, but fun. Lots of flannel, knit hats, beards and a guy with a beret. The beer was fine. Craft beer still isn't my thing. The food was pretty darn good though. I was impressed.

The awesome part is the bill was 32 bucks! Fed 3 people, had 4 beers. A good night.

2 days ago I went to a coffee shop for the first time in my life. I had lunch with my lady. It was good. Really good. Excellent sammich!

Today was my first time ever going to a brewery. We have a little family friendly brewery and tap room that's right around the corner from our place. I drank craft beer. I never drink craft beer. Atmosphere was a little different, but fun. Lots of flannel, knit hats, beards and a guy with a beret. The beer was fine. Craft beer still isn't my thing. The food was pretty darn good though. I was impressed.

The awesome part is the bill was 32 bucks! Fed 3 people, had 4 beers. A good night.

Sounds like a hipster haven, which you'd expect from the microbrew crowd. The fancy beer drinking types will try to lie and say hipsters drink PBR or whatever, but we all know hipsters gravitate towards the hand crafted microbrew nonsense that is sourced locally with organic ingredients and whatever other buzzwords you can throw in to make it more wholesome and/or fancy.

Edited by Drunkard

Good stuff.

Please allow me to post (yet another) Louie CK bit about coffee houses (there's other stuff in there, but the coffee house stuff is featured):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Z_ZducwbQ