Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

The Sabres Road Crew are awesome. They rented out the entire bar (sold out at 200 people), and from what I heard from others there, it's an official Bills bar and is even busier for football games (at least early in the season). So many fans, and all the Sabres personalities were cool. Got sigs from everyone but Robert, and got a puck signed by O'Reilly, too! Missed a golden opportunity to get a cooler pic with Rayzor, but fun night.

post-1683-0-92340300-1488000898_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-12701100-1488000962_thumb.jpg

Last visit to my doctor to treat a ringworm rash, I finally learned what was causing all the hoopla over my damn liver. There was lots of blah blah fat in the liver doom to come talk. "You should quit alcohol" she said. I agreed to another round of blood tests.

Just got a letter from her office. "You're labs overall are improved. We still have elevated levels of AST and ALT but they have lessened. Bilirubin has fallen into a normal range. The last liver function test we checked, GGT which is most closely related to your alcohol intake, is just barely above normal. Given that your ultrasound was not too concerning, I think the best course of action would be to simply keep on eye on these tests..."

I'm celebrating these findings with a heavy dose of alcohol. Because I can.

Last visit to my doctor to treat a ringworm rash, I finally learned what was causing all the hoopla over my damn liver. There was lots of blah blah fat in the liver doom to come talk. "You should quit alcohol" she said. I agreed to another round of blood tests.

Just got a letter from her office. "You're labs overall are improved. We still have elevated levels of AST and ALT but they have lessened. Bilirubin has fallen into a normal range. The last liver function test we checked, GGT which is most closely related to your alcohol intake, is just barely above normal. Given that your ultrasound was not too concerning, I think the best course of action would be to simply keep on eye on these tests..."

I'm celebrating these findings with a heavy dose of alcohol. Because I can.

If I drank booze ...

:beer:

The Sabres Road Crew are awesome. They rented out the entire bar (sold out at 200 people), and from what I heard from others there, it's an official Bills bar and is even busier for football games (at least early in the season). So many fans, and all the Sabres personalities were cool. Got sigs from everyone but Robert, and got a puck signed by O'Reilly, too! Missed a golden opportunity to get a cooler pic with Rayzor, but fun night.

Awesome stuff. Glad you had a good time and they're still taking time out to appreciate the fans who make their careers possible.

Edited by Drunkard

Awesome stuff. Glad you had a good time and they're still taking time out to appreciate the fans who make their careers possible.

Indeed.  Well worth the $10 admission, and I'd totally go again the next time they're in town.  Robert was the only one who we were a little disappointed in; each person was spread out at a different part of the bar, so when you came to one, there was a sort of unofficial line where people would wait their turn to step up, chat a little, and get a signature and/or photo.  We found Robert talking to a few other guys and patiently stood nearby to give them a chance to finish up.  At one point Robert looks up from the conversation and acknowledges us, asks how we're doing, etc.  We said good and asked him the same, and thanked him for coming out to do this event.  He said "You're welcome", then turned around and went back to his conversation.   :huh: We kind of looked at each other and said "Wanna find Brad May?" and just decided not to bother him.  Was kinda weird, but oh well, he's an old dude and he paid his dues already, I guess.

Indeed.  Well worth the $10 admission, and I'd totally go again the next time they're in town.  Robert was the only one who we were a little disappointed in; each person was spread out at a different part of the bar, so when you came to one, there was a sort of unofficial line where people would wait their turn to step up, chat a little, and get a signature and/or photo.  We found Robert talking to a few other guys and patiently stood nearby to give them a chance to finish up.  At one point Robert looks up from the conversation and acknowledges us, asks how we're doing, etc.  We said good and asked him the same, and thanked him for coming out to do this event.  He said "You're welcome", then turned around and went back to his conversation.   :huh: We kind of looked at each other and said "Wanna find Brad May?" and just decided not to bother him.  Was kinda weird, but oh well, he's an old dude and he paid his dues already, I guess.

That's a bummer to hear about Robert but at least the rest of the people were more accommodating. Still an awesome deal for $10 though.

I had a nice weekend.  My brother flew down from Buffalo to San Antonio with his wife for a conference.  I had Friday off, so I drove down to San Antonio (4 hours from Ft Worth) on Thursday night and got to spend some time with them.  They didn't have a car so I drove them from the resort where the conference was into town and they got to see the Alamo and the Riverwalk, the two "must see" tourist things.  Got up early Saturday and drove them to the airport, and was home by about 1 pm.

Always nice to get an unexpected visit with family.

Sounds like a hipster haven, which you'd expect from the microbrew crowd. The fancy beer drinking types will try to lie and say hipsters drink PBR or whatever, but we all know hipsters gravitate towards the hand crafted microbrew nonsense that is sourced locally with organic ingredients and whatever other buzzwords you can throw in to make it more wholesome and/or fancy.

I think it depends on the area. Philly is a big beer town so when you go somewhere it's a cross-section of people (admittedly white, middle class casual). You can't drive more than a few miles and not run into a brewery; it's just a normal place to have dinner or a beer. Victory is full of normal people and kids almost every time you go. I mean, I wear flannel a lot these days and have a beard... oh crap, I'm a hipster.

I think it depends on the area. Philly is a big beer town so when you go somewhere it's a cross-section of people (admittedly white, middle class casual). You can't drive more than a few miles and not run into a brewery; it's just a normal place to have dinner or a beer. Victory is full of normal people and kids almost every time you go. I mean, I wear flannel a lot these days and have a beard... oh crap, I'm a hipster.

I'm the same way (beard and flannel) although not flannel so much now that winter doesn't really exist where I live, but I mostly wear short sleeve plaid button up tshirts to work rather than polos.

There's really only one solution left, Matt. You and I have to kill the rest of these people ripping us off so we're not associate with the hipster misnomer. I'll start and once I take out 2 coffee shops and a microbrewery, it'll be your turn.

I'd snap a picture for the board to see me right now but I look just too Damn smug. And I want you all guessing which db I am at the leafs game.

I'm going to go ahead and guarantee right now that I will be the most obvious person to guess. I'm not even going to introduce myself 

I'm going to go ahead and guarantee right now that I will be the most obvious person to guess. I'm not even going to introduce myself 

haha well... I think powers of deduction and gender will help me out a bit... but I admit I"m going to be really disappointed if Charlie Day doesn't show up. 

haha well... I think powers of deduction and gender will help me out a bit... but I admit I"m going to be really disappointed if Charlie Day doesn't show up. 

Alright good point, you definitely have me beat there :lol:

Edited by WildCard

The Dow Jones surpassed 21k for the first time ever.

Edited. I'm not looking to start a political debate. I just think it's awesome. I'm sure all would agree, regardless of the reasons for it.

Edited by Hank