Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Lunchtime yesterday.  I've been running around all morning, with no breakfast and no coffee, and am finally getting into the office.  I decide to stop into a great NYC pizza dive on the way to the office to pick up one of my favorite items of comfort food:  chicken parm hero with pepperoni.  I step up to the counter just as they are taking out a new pie from the oven:  ham, sausage and pepperoni.  I call the audible.  It was freaking awesome.

Stock the bar party! 

That's great man. Good for you.

YEAHHHHHHH BUDDDYYYYY

Congrats!

Nice! Congrats, Dennis.  When are you having the entire board over for drinks?  ;)

Thanks everyone.  me and the lady have to sign our lives away today (disclosures, attorney agreement, realtor agreement, etc.). I'm excited for it.  First installment of the down payment and closing costs goes in to escrow today.

Thanks everyone. me and the lady have to sign our lives away today (disclosures, attorney agreement, realtor agreement, etc.). I'm excited for it. First installment of the down payment and closing costs goes in to escrow today.

Are you in the market for a solar panel installation? :p

Thanks everyone.  me and the lady have to sign our lives away today (disclosures, attorney agreement, realtor agreement, etc.). I'm excited for it.  First installment of the down payment and closing costs goes in to escrow today.

You're gonna be fine.  This is great stuff.

Guest Sloth

I cut the cord several minutes ago.  No more cable.  I had no idea that my cable bill had grown so much.  I'm now saving $150 per month.  Yeah, 150.  Internet will remain the same (sorry, PA), and since all I watch at home is Netflix anyway, yeah, it's good.

A few of my friends, including myself, have gone this route. Sporting events can be caught online. If there's a game in any sport I really want to see, I go to a local sports pub. Netflix is great. There are not many "new" shows I care to watch. Mainly watch reruns of Seinfeld and The Office when at home. So why pay so much for cable when watching so little? Now, I am a big a fan of The Walking Dead, so waiting for the latest season to be released on DVD is a drawback. But the amount of money saved makes up for that. 

This is pure awesomeness. Avengers 2 trailer 3. May 1st can't get here soon enough. 

Edited by thanes16

A few of my friends, including myself, have gone this route. Sporting events can be caught online. If there's a game in any sport I really want to see, I go to a local sports pub. Netflix is great. There are not many "new" shows I care to watch. Mainly watch reruns of Seinfeld and The Office when at home. So why pay so much for cable when watching so little? Now, I am a big a fan of The Walking Dead, so waiting for the latest season to be released on DVD is a drawback. But the amount of money saved makes up for that. 

This is pure awesomeness. Avengers 2 trailer 3. May 1st can't get here soon enough. 

I am SO pumped for that movie to come out, along with Star Wars and Jurassic World/

I cut the cord several minutes ago.  No more cable.  I had no idea that my cable bill had grown so much.  I'm now saving $150 per month.  Yeah, 150.  Internet will remain the same (sorry, PA), and since all I watch at home is Netflix anyway, yeah, it's good.

Missed this, then saw it when thanes reply.

We came close this last time around, but, in the end, I couldn't pull the trigger because I want (need?) access to a variety of live sporting events at home (including a fair amount of international soccer). Cord-cutting doesn't yet offer a solution to that sort of consumer.

Are you by chance including those choppy, seemingly virus-riddled Russian feeds? Because, to me, live sports at home is why I still pay the cable bill.