Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Here's another Ronda Rousey clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qCWuJk1F0YU

Watch yourself, mouthy gents.

Haven't yet watched it, yet still feel at risk of saying something untoward.

I wish she'd throw me on my back.

Edit: Oh my. F'ing ow. I think she did hurt him. Those floors were not an appropriate surface for that throw.

Edited by That Aud Smell

As a father of a young girl this story makes my blood boil.  Good on Curt Schilling for taking them to task.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/ex-boston-pitcher-schilling-plays-hard-ball-trolls-article-1.2134914

As a man, but not a father, this makes my blood boil.  Good on Curt Shilling for taking them to task.

-----

My wife found this ...

Absolutely awesome and it illustrates that we are all the same.  All we want is to be loved and to love.

As a man, but not a father, this makes my blood boil.  Good on Curt Shilling for taking them to task.

-----

My wife found this ...

Absolutely awesome and it illustrates that we are all the same.  All we want is to be loved and to love.

Awesome, yes. But is it wrong for me to want to see Milan Lucic and Ryan Miller come around the corner? Love has no jerseys...

Spent 13 hours in Car today with baby screaming on and off. Finally made it to Florida, it was 100% sunshine on way down after being warned of the big storm. Great for travel, bad for a car over in WNY salt and schmutz.

Edited by Inkoslav Manilov

Awesome, yes. But is it wrong for me to want to see Milan Lucic and Ryan Miller come around the corner? Love has no jerseys...

@fake ...

I bet you and I could put together an all SabreSpace version.  Just think of the possibilities.

GODD and Chz

Tank and Liger

Tank and Taro T

Tank and d4rk

Tank and (well just about anybody else)

TBPhD and PA

Aud and Mrs. Pegula

PA and Mr. Pegula

Vodka Bottle and a bunch of kittens

Yuri and Anna

Edited by Сабли вентилятора в NS

Not sure if you're kidding, but if you aren't, I recommend to you this excellent book:  http://www.amazon.com/The-Zimmermann-Telegram-Barbara-Tuchman/dp/0345324250

I'll add it to the Summer list.

Didn't some Brits admit that it was a ruse?  I don't have a very good working knowledge of WWI, the last good American History teacher I had was around 10 years ago, and he mostly taught us Civil War stuff.

I'll add it to the Summer list.

Didn't some Brits admit that it was a ruse?  I don't have a very good working knowledge of WWI, the last good American History teacher I had was around 10 years ago, and he mostly taught us Civil War stuff.

WWI is the war I know the most about, but that doesn't mean I'm an expert on it; it means that I don't know that much about wars.  But I've never heard that the telegram was a ruse.  Germany had permission to send messages over a USA line (their own cable across the Atlantic was cut by the UK), and that's the line they used. 

Tuchman's other book, "The Guns of August," is probably the best-written book about the buildup to and first month of the war.  Won a Pulitzer.  And "The Proud Tower" covers conditions in Europe between 1870 and 1914 in general and explains Europe on the brink of war.  She was a great writer and WWI was a major focus for her.

I cut the cord several minutes ago.  No more cable.  I had no idea that my cable bill had grown so much.  I'm now saving $150 per month.  Yeah, 150.  Internet will remain the same (sorry, PA), and since all I watch at home is Netflix anyway, yeah, it's good.

I cut the cord several minutes ago.  No more cable.  I had no idea that my cable bill had grown so much.  I'm now saving $150 per month.  Yeah, 150.  Internet will remain the same (sorry, PA), and since all I watch at home is Netflix anyway, yeah, it's good.

Welcome to the club.  My name is weave and I have been cable free for over 2 years.  Don't miss it at all.