Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Seasons 2 and 3 start kind of slow, but they pick up towards the end. If you do plan on sticking with it, you're probably going to want to start watching the Flash as well. I'll warn you right now, don't do that until you finish the second season of Arrow. Flash (season 1) and Arrow (season 3) run pretty much in parallel. There are occasional crossovers which can be spoilers if you get too far ahead in one show vs. the other. If you do wind up watching both, watch one episode of each at a time. The most recent preview they just put out there for the Flash actually spoils a major plot point in Arrow which hasn't actually aired yet.

You probably got out at the right time. For those who can't suspend disbelief, the second and third seasons will push you over the edge.

Thanks for the advice. I definitely plan on sticking with Arrow, so whenever I get done with season 2 I'll wait until I can nab Flash before starting season 3.

I don't know if it qualifies as awesome, but we got one hell of a thunderstorm last night. Within a five minute span, I saw at least 3 different ground strikes in the immediate area of our home. They were all off in a different direction, so this thing had us completely surrounded. The windows were shaking with the thunder. My wife wanted to go driving for dinner but I told her there's no way in hell we're running out into the driveway holding umbrellas while we can actually see lightning hitting the ground practically five houses away. Thank god for the downpour that came with it though. There was a disgusting amount of pollen out there and most of it is washed away now. There was so much of it that the flowing water in the street looked like green paint.

I don't know if it qualifies as awesome, but we got one hell of a thunderstorm last night. Within a five minute span, I saw at least 3 different ground strikes in the immediate area of our home. They were all off in a different direction, so this thing had us completely surrounded. The windows were shaking with the thunder. My wife wanted to go driving for dinner but I told her there's no way in hell we're running out into the driveway holding umbrellas while we can actually see lightning hitting the ground practically five houses away. Thank god for the downpour that came with it though. There was a disgusting amount of pollen out there and most of it is washed away now. There was so much of it that the flowing water in the street looked like green paint.

I was taking a picture on my phone at my aerials class last night when the text came through from my mom: "We've got a tornado". It touched down 5 minutes from my house and luckily didn't do much damage, being fairly weak (unlike the monsters that stomped Illinois). Dumped golfball size hail. 

What's awesome though, besides the fact that no one got hurt/my house is still standing, is that one of my friends proceeded to take the hailstones and make cocktails with them as he settled in to watch hockey for the night. I do not miss living there. 

My dad has one, but I know nothing about them other than I look through the little tube and it makes small things big.

Once I was five years old and looking at the moon with a telescope and there was a bug on the end, and I was convinced for weeks I saw an alien of some sort, my parents didn't have the heart to tell me what really happened.