Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Can we get a meddling trial for NBC making Fallon do hockey humor?

Yeah, these weren't his strongest. Some of the past ones were better in my opinion, even if his pronunciations were way off sometimes:

2014:

http://youtu.be/SEI9Mt5la_k

2013:

https://youtu.be/RrjprqGJWwM

EDIT: Goddangit you'd think after a couple years on this board I'd remember how to embed ##### video

Tried deleting the s, tried posting the shortlink sans s, tried with s, tried full address, yeah I effing give up. 

Edited by Josie914

Yeah, these weren't his strongest. Some of the past ones were better in my opinion, even if his pronunciations were way off sometimes:

2014:

2013:

EDIT: Goddangit you'd think after a couple years on this board I'd remember how to embed ##### video

Arrow. Started watching recently on Netflix and wow, wish I'd have started sooner--much better than Agents of Shield. Just finished season 1 and really looking forward to starting season 2.

I watched the first season, but I couldn't even get close to suspending disbelief and so I haven't gotten back to it.

I watched the first season, but I couldn't even get close to suspending disbelief and so I haven't gotten back to it.

I guess I don't even try to suspend disbelief when it comes to comic book based stuff. It's unrealistic and outrageous...exactly what I want in my entertainment!

Exactly what does "much better than Agents of Shield" even mean?  I made dinner, it tastes better than dogshit.

I'm sorry for your recent consumption of dogshit :p

I guess I don't even try to suspend disbelief when it comes to comic book based stuff. It's unrealistic and outrageous...exactly what I want in my entertainment!

It's a failing I have, I need to have at least a little bit of a framework that I can believe in to truly enjoy on-screen entertainment. Arrow just seems too improbable, even taking into account that we're talking about comics.

Exactly what does "much better than Agents of Shield" even mean?  I made dinner, it tastes better than dogshit.

Well aren't you just the fancy-pants cook! I strive to make dinner nice, but my best attempt is something that was as good as dogshit.

Why post that in the Awesome thread? It's Thursday.

I was hoping for more, that's all. You post a video, it's open for discussion.

Arrow. Started watching recently on Netflix and wow, wish I'd have started sooner--much better than Agents of Shield. Just finished season 1 and really looking forward to starting season 2.

Seasons 2 and 3 start kind of slow, but they pick up towards the end. If you do plan on sticking with it, you're probably going to want to start watching the Flash as well. I'll warn you right now, don't do that until you finish the second season of Arrow. Flash (season 1) and Arrow (season 3) run pretty much in parallel. There are occasional crossovers which can be spoilers if you get too far ahead in one show vs. the other. If you do wind up watching both, watch one episode of each at a time. The most recent preview they just put out there for the Flash actually spoils a major plot point in Arrow which hasn't actually aired yet.

You probably got out at the right time. For those who can't suspend disbelief, the second and third seasons will push you over the edge.

I'll tell you what's awesome ...

... we don't have a TV.

I didn't have one for a few years and everyone insinuated it was because I was a dirty hipster. Well, no, I was a clean, well showered, exfoliated hipster that had a computer with all the Netflix any self respecting hipster could binge upon. 

But really, we have a TV now, and it's never on unless d4rk is home when we go on an x-files binge or want to catch college hockey.

And cave paintings are the ######. 

Since I'm rambling, today is awesome because I start static trapeze and advanced aerial hoops tonight. I'm excited. The trapeze is a lot bouncier than I expected, and takes a lot more strength than hoop. I think I'll be learning doubles, too, where you work with another person/hang off of them as well. 

They say to do things that your 6 year old self would be proud of. 6 year old me, terrified of even climbing trees, would be pretty jazzed about 25 year old me playing hockey and learning circus arts.

Edited by Josie914

I didn't have one for a few years and everyone insinuated it was because I was a dirty hipster. Well, no, I was a clean, well showered, exfoliated hipster that had a computer with all the Netflix any self respecting hipster could binge upon.

But really, we have a TV now, and it's never on unless d4rk is home when we go on an x-files binge or want to catch college hockey.

And cave paintings are the ######.

Since I'm rambling, today is awesome because I start static trapeze and advanced aerial hoops tonight. I'm excited. The trapeze is a lot bouncier than I expected, and takes a lot more strength than hoop. I think I'll be learning doubles, too, where you work with another person/hang off of them as well.

They say to do things that your 6 year old self would be proud of. 6 year old me, terrified of even climbing trees, would be pretty jazzed about 25 year old me playing hockey and learning circus arts.

I like that you've taken this little nugget I came up with one day and run with it :lol: I like it. I think it's a good concept.