Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

The new FiveThirtyEight. Productivity meet toilet; toilet meet productivity.

They had that guy on ESPN sportscenter this morning talking about the bracket and probabilities. Pretty good plug for starting up his new website. Very interesting stuff.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Had a rare day when my experimental results were closer to clinical applications than usual. Feels good to contribute information that can help someone get better treatment.

And agreed with qwksnd on this winter! Gone snowboarding 10x this season and hoping for 1-2x more before the local slopes close for the season. Awesome!

Sounds promising, good luck. I need to start kicking the tires around here for when my project ends sometime next year. My current manager is one of the few competent ones left at my work place and I'm 99% sure he will retire when this project comes to fruition. I'll go insane if I have to go back to being micro managed by idiots when he's gone.

Well it appears as though I jinxed myself with the statement above as my manager informed me yesterday that he is retiring at the end of the month. I spent all last night polishing my resume and linkedin profile. I'll be able to write novels in the complaint thread if I don't move on soon.

Well it appears as though I jinxed myself with the statement above as my manager informed me yesterday that he is retiring at the end of the month. I spent all last night polishing my resume and linkedin profile. I'll be able to write novels in the complaint thread if I don't move on soon.

At least you can read the writing on the wall just like I can right now. It's always easier to look now while you already have a job than when you have nothing. We have another very senior who just told us yesterday that she is leaving. When this many department heads leave within a short time, you know something's up.

At least you can read the writing on the wall just like I can right now. It's always easier to look now while you already have a job than when you have nothing. We have another very senior who just told us yesterday that she is leaving. When this many department heads leave within a short time, you know something's up.

Happening here, too... not in my direct lab (yet), but there's been a fairly sizable exodus over the last year or two.

It'd be awesome if the Complaint thread was open.

Edited by biodork

I saw a hilarious case of pervert camera man on the news this morning. They were running a story about how Starbucks is going to start selling beer and wine. They were showing some random footage from a Starbucks location where the camera panned slowly across the store. As the camera stopped panning to the right, it started to zoom in directly on a woman with a very low cut top. It couldn't have been a more blatant cleavage shot, the woman's head was just out of frame. Last second, the camera shifts upward and you do see her face.

The anchor reading the story hesitated slightly at the end of the shot. You could tell that he was trying not to laugh.

My commute to work today was awesome. The weather was perfect (mid 50s) to ride the 16 miles to work on this:

322693120532bb3667866c7.42370613.jpeg

First bicycle commute of the year for me.

Oh, Leggio - so great.

Also, March Madness is awesome (after a hiatus last year).

We get the Final Four in DFW this year, and ESPN will be setting up shop in Fort Worth's Sundance Square Plaza to cover it. It was cool having them here a few years ago when the Super Bowl was played in the Cowboys Stadium. Back then ESPN set up in a couple parking lots downtown to have an outdoor presence. They're setting up in the same spot this time, but now the two parking lots have been converted into a grand plaza.

64e8009b6547831474aa2b4175b6fd0a.jpg

I hope Harbor Center gives a similar boost to downtown Buffalo.

We get the Final Four in DFW this year, and ESPN will be setting up shop in Fort Worth's Sundance Square Plaza to cover it. It was cool having them here a few years ago when the Super Bowl was played in the Cowboys Stadium. Back then ESPN set up in a couple parking lots downtown to have an outdoor presence. They're setting up in the same spot this time, but now the two parking lots have been converted into a grand plaza.

Hopefully you don't get the same weather you got for the Superbowl. ;)

Edited by shrader

THIS ###### RIGHT HERE: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/now-every-school-can-access-fancy-plasma-physics-laboratory-180950234/#cSTEAAkewtkeI8ri.01

One of my friends got this going. Control a real plasma physics experiment via internet connection. Play with pressure, voltage, and magnet current settings, and watch the plasma light up and change shape and color.

THIS ###### RIGHT HERE: http://www.smithsoni...AAkewtkeI8ri.01

One of my friends got this going. Control a real plasma physics experiment via internet connection. Play with pressure, voltage, and magnet current settings, and watch the plasma light up and change shape and color.

That's rather cool.

Wifey's dissertation was on measurement and characterization of Ar/Cl plasmas. She also got to play w/ some pretty cool lasers as well for the experimental part.

That's rather cool.

Wifey's dissertation was on measurement and characterization of Ar/Cl plasmas. She also got to play w/ some pretty cool lasers as well for the experimental part.

She wasn't responsible for a certain house in California exploding with popcorn, was she?