Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

The Hajj, one of Islam's pillars of faith ...

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/24/ireporters-5-life-lessons-from-the-hajj/?hpt=hp_c4

It ends today at sunset. Today is a fasting day. Eid starts at sunset today. It is to recognize the sacrifice Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) was willing to do at the bequest of God ... his own son. Both were willing to bow to Gods will and God, recognizing this, did not have Ibrahim sacrifice his son.

Most of you guys won't like it but this crowd and song are awesome!

http://youtu.be/DzivgKuhNl4

Heh, white dude in a suit at 1:25. And they apparently have different standards on lip-sync over there. It's not bad at first but towards the end it's really obvious.

I do love the song though, I remember hearing it on this thread just before it went nuts.

Edited by MattPie

My brother in law secured his 2013 PGA tour card this past weekend. Awesome.

edit...to make it hockey related. Yeah, he's the enemy. :P

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/48756-Senators-announce-partnership-with-Ottawa-native-and-PGA-Tour-player-Fritsch.html#

Edited by Claude_Verret

That is a huge accomplishment. Nice to hear.

Yes it is. He has toiled on the Canadian and Nationwide / web.com tours for close to a decade, and he's persevered so he deserves his shot at the big time. He's played in a few PGA events over the years (one US Open and a few Canadian opens) but he'll get to play a bunch this year.

Yes it is. He has toiled on the Canadian and Nationwide / web.com tours for close to a decade, and he's persevered so he deserves his shot at the big time. He's played in a few PGA events over the years (one US Open and a few Canadian opens) but he'll get to play a bunch this year.

It is too bad that there are no PGA events near Buffalo. I went to one in Maryland a few years back, and it was a great time. I can't stand golf on TV unless it's the Masters or Ryder, but live, it was something else. Probably has a lot to do with being outside on a nice day.

It is too bad that there are no PGA events near Buffalo. I went to one in Maryland a few years back, and it was a great time. I can't stand golf on TV unless it's the Masters or Ryder, but live, it was something else. Probably has a lot to do with being outside on a nice day.

So, what, Ra-cha-cha isn't too far to go to see an AHL game, but it is to see the best golfers in the world? PGA Championship 2013 will be at Oak Hill.

http://www.pga.com/p...egistration.cfm

(Yeah, it's too far for me to go to watch it too, and I live here. ;))

I agree, watching these guys play live is amazing. I credit my brother in law with curing me from seeing a need to try to improve my game and in turn saving me a lot of money over the years. I've played a few rounds with him, and what I'm doing out there can't really be called golf anyway.

As far as the events, I went to the Masters two years ago and I was shocked at what a booze fueled event that is. When you get to the tucked away concession areas and men's rooms people are hooting and hollering like at a football game. I also went to the 2000(?) PGA championship where Tiger beat Bob May in a playoff. The 2014 men's and women's US open is at Pinehurst which is about 45 minutes from my house, and I'm hoping to go to some of that.

I agree, watching these guys play live is amazing. I credit my brother in law with curing me from seeing a need to try to improve my game and in turn saving me a lot of money over the years. I've played a few rounds with him, and what I'm doing out there can't really be called golf anyway.

As far as the events, I went to the Masters two years ago and I was shocked at what a booze fueled event that is. When you get to the tucked away concession areas and men's rooms people are hooting and hollering like at a football game. I also went to the 2000(?) PGA championship where Tiger beat Bob May in a playoff. The 2014 men's and women's US open is at Pinehurst which is about 45 minutes from my house, and I'm hoping to go to some of that.

Here's to hoping your BiL is still on the tour then. :beer:

I had no idea. I'll have to go.

Let me know which days you come in for. We'll have to grab a brew. :beer: