Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Rush finally nominated for induction into the RnR HOF, what would be awesome is if they declined in the event that they are actually picked.

Why would they do this? Because the oaks are just too lofty? Because living on a lighted stage approaches the unreal? Or is it really just a question of your honesty?

Mmmm, Thanksgiving Turkey dinner with all the trimmings and surrounded by family. Awesome.

Did I sleep through it again?

Edited by nfreeman

Why would they do this? Because the oaks are just too lofty? Because living on a lighted stage approaches the unreal? Or is it really just a question of your honesty?

More like glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity. Here is is right from Big Al himself saying they'd prefer not to be there. ABBA? Really ABBA? They are just one of many examples of the joke that is the RnR HOF. That would be like having Matthew Barnaby in the hockey hall of fame, it would lose just a bit of it's luster for anyone who had to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSEW6UYF88

I grew up listening to Rush. Good Canadian boys, but not as huge a fan as many on this board.

I have to say it ... this post is outstanding and nudging into awesome territory.

Well done ... :thumbsup: .

Kangeroo-Attack.jpg

If I was president of my own country......this would be my flag.

:lol: Where in the world do you come up with this stuff??? You probably have the most wicked sense of humor on the entire board.

As an aside for things that are awesome, things are happening pretty quickly down where we live. Since my wife's grandmother died a couple of months ago, we paid off our minivan and got our title yesterday. Now we're getting really close to buying a house and closing on it before the end of the month. After that, we're going to apply for an adoption.

As an aside for things that are awesome, things are happening pretty quickly down where we live. Since my wife's grandmother died a couple of months ago, we paid off our minivan and got our title yesterday. Now we're getting really close to buying a house and closing on it before the end of the month. After that, we're going to apply for an adoption.

Sorry for your loss, but I am really happy for you and your wife that things are going well.

Congratulations on all the good news and good luck with the adoption process.

New York State. We might pay a lot of taxes but it shows in what we get back. After spending a weekend driving in Mass and Conn, I am grateful for the relatively high level of competence NY drivers have, for roads and highways that are paved and have lines and for highway layouts that generally make sense.

I hate Connecticut drivers so much.

Never mind the issue of taxes. When I was driving over the road, I LOATHED going through CT (EDIT: not to mention the serious lack of truck stops for truckers to take their DOT breaks in CT - and only 1 TS in the entire state of Rhode Island on top of the fact that you HAVE to pay to park there overnight)! Although here's a piece of irony for you. NYS is not known for its hospitality like the South is. However, NYS has FAR better drivers than the South does. With all the talk of Southern hospitality, you wouldn't know it by the way they drive. So, that is one of the things that I do miss about NYS.

Then again, you could try driving through France (skip to 6:14)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SM263HvB2w

Sorry for your loss, but I am really happy for you and your wife that things are going well.

Congratulations on all the good news and good luck with the adoption process.

Thank you on all points. :)

Tarps and zip ties.

Without this-

post-1429-0-70611300-1349803258_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't have been able to enjoy this-

post-1429-0-44923300-1349803330_thumb.jpgpost-1429-0-63417900-1349803365_thumb.jpg

F"N Awesome.

I miss the fall colors. It's just another reminder of the beauty of God's creation.

Edited by Tepponator

More like glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity.

Very nice.

I grew up listening to Rush. Good Canadian boys, but not as huge a fan as many on this board.

I have to say it ... this post is outstanding and nudging into awesome territory.

Well done ... :thumbsup: .

Thanks. My interest started to fade after their 23rd album or so, but they produced quite a few great, great songs.

As mentioned above, I'm sorry for your loss but congrats on the other developments.

I'll chime in and offer my congrats as well. Sounds like things are finally falling into place for you, between the new job and more recent developments.

Good job. It's been proven you have a 74% better chance at adoption going smoothly if you own a minivan. Pulling up in a rig might not go as well.

A co-worker of mine is a mushroom hunter / expert and often talks about all the great edible mushrooms he finds out in the woods near his home. It's a beautiful fall day here in NC and he asked me to go on a mushroom hunt in RTP during our lunch hour. We hiked around the woods for a half hour and were about to give up until we came across some chicken of the woods mushrooms We were able to harvest about 6 lbs of these, and I took some home to cook for dinner tonight. Awesome.

A co-worker of mine is a mushroom hunter / expert and often talks about all the great edible mushrooms he finds out in the woods near his home. It's a beautiful fall day here in NC and he asked me to go on a mushroom hunt in RTP during our lunch hour. We hiked around the woods for a half hour and were about to give up until we came across some chicken of the woods mushrooms We were able to harvest about 6 lbs of these, and I took some home to cook for dinner tonight. Awesome.

If we never hear from you again, I'll assume he wasn't the expert he claimed to be.

That may be awesome for you, but it looks poisonous to me.

Then again, they all do to me. I hate mushrooms ... :sick: ! Make that 'power :sick:' !!

If we never hear from you again, I'll assume he wasn't the expert he claimed to be.

If you read that link it does say that this particular mushroom is one of the "foolproof four" that novices can easily identify. It also says that a similar species that grows on conifers can be toxic,but my co-worker did say when we started that we needed to get deeper into the woods and away from all the pines, so that makes me feel better about his level of expertise. We found these on a fallen oak tree so I'm no so concerned about my health, I'm more interested to find out if they really do taste like chicken as advertised.

Finally the Canadian government, through the border agency, gets one right ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/story/2012/10/11/wdr-pastor-terry-jones-border-services.html

The comments at the bottom of the linked article speak for me.

My Canada does not include the likes of this clown.

RIT comes back after going down 3-0 in the first to beat #3 ranked Michigan 5-4 in OT. Incredible. Wish I could have been there to see it. I'm a bit if a Wolverines fan and I love Yost arena, which they just remodeled.

A win tomorrow night is probably too much to ask, but screw it, I want the weekend sweep!

RIT comes back after going down 3-0 in the first to beat #3 ranked Michigan 5-4 in OT. Incredible. Wish I could have been there to see it. I'm a bit if a Wolverines fan and I love Yost arena, which they just remodeled.

A win tomorrow night is probably too much to ask, but screw it, I want the weekend sweep!

I was going to post something about this. Glad to see you beat me to it. I listened to the game on WITR...great game. Thought it was going to be a blowout when it was 3-0.

Tonight's game is going to be good!

Well at least you didn't have to listen to them play their fight song during every single stoppage in play.

As mentioned above, I'm sorry for your loss but congrats on the other developments.

Thank you. :)

I'll chime in and offer my congrats as well. Sounds like things are finally falling into place for you, between the new job and more recent developments.

Thanks. :)

Good job. It's been proven you have a 74% better chance at adoption going smoothly if you own a minivan. Pulling up in a rig might not go as well.

#chuckling

Not sure if you caught wind of this, but I came off the road back in April. I still drive a big rig, but I haul gas to gas stations/convenience stores. Getting home every night helps.

As for owning the minivan, we got the title to it in the mail earlier this week. That's an extra $450 a month we can set aside for savings.

Edited by Tepponator