Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

The LED might be nice. But why do I need to be able to control my lighting from my phone?

It's *smooth*. I wonder if you can easily do it remotely, now that would be nice. Both when I'm not at home so it looks like someone is there, and to get that poltergiest feel by changing the lights when someone else is in the house.

The LED might be nice. But why do I need to be able to control my lighting from my phone?

It's not just that. Apparently, it will integrate totally with your phone and set up blinking alerts when you get a phone call, or when you get a text, or when someone comments on your FB status ... whatever.

$50 is frickin' pricey, but FFS ... if you can sync your whole friggin' house to turn into a night club (bulbs will sync with your music and put on a light show ...). Not to mention the energy efficiency of A) being LED-based, B) having the capability of setting up timers for particular bulbs or zones so that they come on in the morning or off at night ... it's great as a security deterrant if you're on vacation. Just set the lights up to come on at "random" times.

Anyway, the concept is just amazingly cool. Cost ... sure--pretty prohibative, but even still, I'm considering a 10-bulb pledge.

It's *smooth*. I wonder if you can easily do it remotely, now that would be nice. Both when I'm not at home so it looks like someone is there, and to get that poltergiest feel by changing the lights when someone else is in the house.

Yes. This. That would be an excellent reason for purchasing.

Edited by Chris_in_UT

$50 is frickin' pricey, but FFS ... if you can sync your whole friggin' house to turn into a night club (bulbs will sync with your music and put on a light show ...). Not to mention the energy efficiency of A) being LED-based, B) having the capability of setting up timers for particular bulbs or zones so that they come on in the morning or off at night ... it's great as a security deterrant if you're on vacation. Just set the lights up to come on at "random" times.

That being said: http://www.amazon.com/GE-15154-Random-7-Day-Digital/dp/B0035GAXA8/ref=pd_sim_hi_2

I set one up for my girlfriend awhile back. There's a window (15 minutes either way, I think) of on/off, so it's not 7:15PM every night.

I wonder if people with Aspergers or severe OCD are vicitims of more home break-ins due to turning the light on and off the exact same time every day. </joke>

Driving in to work under a deepest ink blue sky with the stars shining brightly and the smallest sliver of turquoise fading to light blue and finally orange on the eastern horizon. Pure serenity. And the scene was being contrasted and roughed up by the sounds of Rage Against the Machine playing on the stereo.

My morning commute is about 45-50 minutes of due east travel. Sunrise is my companion now. I love early rides into the work under clear skies this time of year.

Go ahead Eleven, try to link that image with the Stars and Bars somehow. :P

Edited by weave

Driving in to work under a deepest ink blue sky with the stars shining brightly and the smallest sliver of turquoise fading to light blue and finally orange on the eastern horizon. Pure serenity. And the scene was being contrasted and roughed up by the sounds of Rage Against the Machine playing on the stereo.

My morning commute is about 45-50 minutes of due east travel. Sunrise is my companion now. I love early rides into the work under clear skies this time of year.

That reminds me of what I'll be doing next weekend. I just picked up some tickets for a sunset cruise in the Boston harbor for the fiance's birthday. I really don't know what to expect, but if the weather holds out, I bet that will look pretty damn awesome.

Great description. I was driving along the southern tier of NY at dawn this morning and saw a similar scene.

Ran my first 5K yesterday. Finished with a time somewhere in the 28 minute range (I crossed at 28:50, but I don't know when I officially crossed the start, so I have to wait to see the official time). I started in the back of the pack and worked my way forward. It was definitely an experience, and I'm already set to sign up for another one in October.

I've found this getting fit thing to be fun.

Ran my first 5K yesterday. Finished with a time somewhere in the 28 minute range (I crossed at 28:50, but I don't know when I officially crossed the start, so I have to wait to see the official time). I started in the back of the pack and worked my way forward. It was definitely an experience, and I'm already set to sign up for another one in October.

I've found this getting fit thing to be fun.

nice man! congratulations on the run. my knees forbid me from running, but i'm pretty sure i can bike for a nice long while. replacing my tires this week, then taking a nice, leisurely bike ride on friday from my town to as far as i can go. we have a series of bike paths that link together and go on for at least 60-80 miles ...

nice man! congratulations on the run. my knees forbid me from running, but i'm pretty sure i can bike for a nice long while. replacing my tires this week, then taking a nice, leisurely bike ride on friday from my town to as far as i can go. we have a series of bike paths that link together and go on for at least 60-80 miles ...

Thanks!

a nice long bike ride actually sounds nice! I need to replace the rear tube on my bike, as I got a flat last time out. I should get that fixed before the season turns again!

For the first time ever, I may have to take a Pepcid AC just after reading something! But damn, that sounds like a fun menu.

And if they can fry cola (I done seen it at a festival somewheres), you can fry beer.

I bought season 1 of Boardwalk to watch on the treadmill. I had just finished season 3 of Mad Men. I don't watch much TV, so my reward for doing unpleasant things (either cleaning the kitchen or working the treadmill) is watching an episode of something while I do it.

I'm on to season 4 of Mad Men, because Boardwalk just wasn't much of a reward. I couldn't get through ep 1 at all!

Mad Men is light-years better than Boardwalk Empire.

Another recommendation for the treadmill: Friday Night Lights, which is on Netflix.