Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Well, since you mention it, THIS IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

www.en.rian.ru/society/20120607/173899632.html

Now, if only our duly elected politicians would actually have the balls to stand up to a possible 1% of the American population that wants uber-rights to throw their perverse deviancy in everyone's faces. As it is, I am a firm believer that the long-since dead citizens of Sodom and Gomorrah aggressively advocated "gay rights." Look at where it got them. #justsayin'

My understanding was the Almighty was not against the acts, but that men RAPING men was rampant in Sodom and Gomorrah. One must read scripture very carefully. Just sayin'.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I think you're mistaking the 1% (or whatever the real number is) of gay people with the fairly large portion of the population that support gay rights but aren't gay. For me it's more or less a belief system. We're in trouble if we start discriminating on belief systems (with the usual caveats about directly harming others, etc.).

It doesn't take a philosopher with a Ph.D. to figure out that we all reap what we sow. That's pretty much common knowledge and common sense. Then again, many people are either blind to the fact that vain ideas by the likes of Kant, Nietzsche, and Sartre (to name a few) have had serious consequences upon all of humanity, or they would prefer to ignore such a caveat to their eventual peril (as Dr. R. C. Sproul had pointed out in a lecture series titled "Consequences of Ideas" a number of years ago).

My understanding was the Almighty was not against the acts, but that men RAPING men was rampant in Sodom and Gomorrah. One must read scripture very carefully. Just sayin'.

You might want to follow your own advice.

The same kind of "practice" that was allowed to happen in both the Greek and Roman empires also led to their downfall. History has proven that when such things have been given mainstream acceptance and approval have wound up wiping out entire cultures and societies - and it looks like history may be repeating itself.

Imagine these words ringing true, and people several hundred years from now reading this post, seeing how Western culture basically destroyed itself, and them saying, "Man, that guy was right. Many like him tried to warn them but they wouldn't listen. Now they have nothing to show for it except for their own self-destruction."

It doesn't take a philosopher with a Ph.D. to figure out that we all reap what we sow. That's pretty much common knowledge and common sense. Then again, many people are either blind to the fact that vain ideas by the likes of Kant, Nietzsche, and Sartre (to name a few) have had serious consequences upon all of humanity, or they would prefer to ignore such a caveat to their eventual peril (as Dr. R. C. Sproul had pointed out in a lecture series titled "Consequences of Ideas" a number of years ago).

The same kind of "practice" that was allowed to happen in both the Greek and Roman empires also led to their downfall. History has proven that when such things have been given mainstream acceptance and approval have wound up wiping out entire cultures and societies - and it looks like history may be repeating itself.

Imagine these words ringing true, and people several hundred years from now reading this post, seeing how Western culture basically destroyed itself, and them saying, "Man, that guy was right. Many like him tried to warn them but they wouldn't listen. Now they have nothing to show for it except for their own self-destruction."

What is that old saying, "I think thou thus protest too much."

I do read scripture, but not with blinders on. I do not want to get into a debate with you, Crosschecking.

While I do not agree with most of what you are saying I do agree with the bolded and underlined part of your post, but not for the reasons you think. God has destroyed many civilizations and cultures and will many more, as stated in scripture. Primarily for the reason that these civilizations partook in the one unforgivable sin ... placing false gods before God. In western culture a vast majority are, IMO, placing the false gods of money, prestige and goods over the true God. This will, again IMO, lead to the downfall you predict.

/end rant

... not that there is anything wrong with that ...

Yes it is, but it does not apply to privately owned discussion forums. Chz recently banned FireLindyRuffNow, did she violate his freedom of speech?

What's absolutely hilarious is that not 30 seconds after I posted that, Jehovah's Witnesses rang my doorbell. I guess we're not free from religion. It is brought right to your doorstep.

Either that, or Someone is trying to tell me something. :unsure:

What's absolutely hilarious is that not 30 seconds after I posted that, Jehovah's Witnesses rang my doorbell. I guess we're not free from religion. It is brought right to your doorstep.

Either that, or Someone is trying to tell me something. :unsure:

That is funny. I hope you "threw them off your porch." Not literally of course. Tell them not to come back, if they do, it is tresspass.

Is there any single poster who has derailed more threads?

Awesome post, but ...

... which derailer do you mean?

Yes it is, but it does not apply to privately owned discussion forums. Chz recently banned FireLindyRuffNow, did she violate his freedom of speech?

I think she saved us from having to read him express his freedom of speech ...

For which I am thankful. That guy was hard to follow somethimes.

Seems she banned him for admitting he was a previously banned member and not for anything he recently posted, but I may be wrong on that.

It's probably taken too long and cost too much money but it IS awesome.

post-1415-0-10678100-1339100619_thumb.jpg

I was just there over the weekend with my girlfriend. it is truly breathtaking, and I recommend to everyone that they visit the memorial. I got choked up when we saw it.

Other awesome things: Row 6 Sect 129 at Yankee Stadium. Took the girlfriend to her first MLB game, and it was just amazing. second time I've sat in those seats, and the view is great, the fans around us were great, and we were SOOOO close to catching a few foul balls. Also, it was Military Appreciation day, so the Army Golden Knights did a parachute drop right onto the field pre game, and it was spectacular.

nathan gerber's** gerbe's twitter profile pic.

dc103218a51311e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg

you need to pretty damn cynical not to have love for this young man.

and, yes, let the height comparison jokes begin.

**honest injun: that was a legitimate typo that i went to correct. then i laughed.

Edited by That Aud Smell