GDT: Sabres at Devils 1/24/12 7PM

spndnchz

Interesting note: Adam, McCormick and Gragnani all with less than 6 minutes of ice time. Next lowest was Boyes and Ellis with 16+

Adam and McCormick had a bad first period, especially in the D end. It's understandable they got such low minutes.

GO SABRES!!!

I live in New Jersey and I always catch them when they're here, but unfortunately not tonight. Miller was at his best. Who knows, maybe then can give us an entertaining run for the remainder of the year.

I'm glad we won just because losing ALL the time is so painful, and I hate the Devils. I don't know if this can spark any kind of a run, but this had to be good for Miller's psyche, and that's certainly good for the team. On the other hand, we still can't generate anything resembling consistent offensive pressure, and I don't expect Miller to suddenly start stealing games on a regular basis. Who knows, maybe going into the break on a winning note helps them mentally. It's like on Seinfeld when George decided to always leave on a high note and things started going way better for him! I still don't think this team is AS bad as they've shown for most of the season, so returning to at least being competitive wouldn't shock me.....although I'm certainly open to the argument that it just reinforces the whole "injuries are the problem" BS that may encourage stagnation again.

They won this just to mock us.

It looks to me like Lindy has decided that since the offense isn't working, we're going to forget about it. Team defense, cover each others backs, keep the puck away from Miller and maybe the offense will come on its own.

They won this just to mock us.

It looks to me like Lindy has decided that since the offense isn't working, we're going to forget about it. Team defense, cover each others backs, keep the puck away from Miller and maybe the offense will come on its own.

And, STILL, Miller had to stand on his head. Amazing. Glad for the win. What is it, 24 or 25 more wins to go? Roy really stinks up the ice.

Caught this one on twitter. Beddy Eenterestink.

#Sabres with six of their top seven defensemen in the lineup: 12-8-0, 2.50 GA/gm... Without: 8-16-5, 3.41 GA/gm. #HealthyChangesEverything

Wow. I wonder if that's accurate?

At 6.25 mil, Miller should play like this more often.

Very true. Still, it was great to see him that sharp.

I'm glad we won just because losing ALL the time is so painful, and I hate the Devils. I don't know if this can spark any kind of a run, but this had to be good for Miller's psyche, and that's certainly good for the team. On the other hand, we still can't generate anything resembling consistent offensive pressure, and I don't expect Miller to suddenly start stealing games on a regular basis. Who knows, maybe going into the break on a winning note helps them mentally. It's like on Seinfeld when George decided to always leave on a high note and things started going way better for him! I still don't think this team is AS bad as they've shown for most of the season, so returning to at least being competitive wouldn't shock me.....although I'm certainly open to the argument that it just reinforces the whole "injuries are the problem" BS that may encourage stagnation again.

Good post, although it wouldn't hurt to break this up into a couple of paragraphs.

That was a great Seinfeld.

That's it for me!

Some random thoughtson the game (and I was there)-

-Every part of Gerbe's game is legit.

-The Rock is a pretty decent barn to watch a game.

-Watching Stafford live, I can't believe that the right coach couldn't make him something special.

-Anyone who thinks Brodeur is over-rated is on crack. Even with his diminished skills he is awesome to watch.

-MAG was playing forward?, but Adam with the top line is crazy? :blink:

-Goose Island beer is pretty tasty.

Some random thoughtson the game (and I was there)-

-Every part of Gerbe's game is legit.

-The Rock is a pretty decent barn to watch a game.

-Watching Stafford live, I can't believe that the right coach couldn't make him something special.

-Anyone who thinks Brodeur is over-rated is on crack. Even with his diminished skills he is awesome to watch.

-MAG was playing forward?, but Adam with the top line is crazy? :blink:

-Goose Island beer is pretty tasty.

I mostly agree, although I didn't like what I saw from Stafford.

Archived