GDT: Sabres at Devils 1/24/12 7PM

spndnchz

Is this going to be one of those crappy out of new york broadcasts?

I remember after the last time vs NJ. Black was on the radio saying it was a failed effort.

Can we live through another pre-game where they show Miller and Lucic and the constant question of what happened to the Sabres?

It seemed OK when Vs did it with a national crew but I don't think I can listen to Danyko laugh about it.

Well, I'm going to the game tonight and it's at least partly out of a sense of obligation. IMHO this game has the highest likelihood of any game I can think of to be DR's and LR's last game with the Sabres. I'm not at all sure it will happen, but it does seem logical that if DR and LR are let go before the end of the season, it will be over the all-star break. That would give them time to nail down the new GM and give the new GM time to get up to speed before the trading deadline.

I have no desire to spend money, leave work early and hike out to Newark to watch yet another dreary 3-1 loss in a half-empty arena, but I need to lay my eyes on Lindy in person and thank him for the memories.

The ECF and the SCF with Dominik and a bunch of string and rubber bands

Finally beating Ottawa in 2005 on Vanek's around-the-world move to beat Dominik in the shootout

7-6

Pominville with the OT SHG series-winner

Game 3 of the ECF in 2006 at HSBC

"Go out and run 'em"

Drury tieing it against the Rangers with 6 seconds left

Rivet tieing it up at the end against SJ the night of the plane crash

Charging back into the playoffs last year with the best 2nd-half record in the league

If tonight's the last night, I'll miss him.

Leaving work at 5. We'll have a couple of Blues in the parking lot then take a couple to Mulberry pizza for a slice (they have no liquer license so it's BYOB).

I, too, am going purely out of duty. My friend has seasons and couldn't go tonight. I didn't even have to pay for them and I almost didn't take them.

Go Sabres?

Are we already in the pre-post-season meaningless game cycle?

I think we are, and I really wish that weren't so. Even if this team's record were slightly different, and the Sabres were still in the race for a spot, would it matter with this roster? We know they'd bow out at after one round.

*sigh*

Are we already in the pre-post-season meaningless game cycle?

I think we are, and I really wish that weren't so. Even if this team's record were slightly different, and the Sabres were still in the race for a spot, would it matter with this roster? We know they'd bow out at after one round.

*sigh*

Feels sh*tty don't it? :(

Archived