GDT: Sabres at Devils 1/24/12 7PM

spndnchz

"We just have to get some confidence back," Miller told the Sabres' official website. "I think that's the big thing. No matter how good we play, you're almost waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hockey is mistakes and bounces. They go your way too. You just have to put the work in."

So... put the work in!

It would be really nice to end this road trip with 2 wins. The Devils have beaten us twice this season and we have beaten the Habs twice, both games in Montreal. Got to win sometime, a couple of wins here would at least take a little sting out of the dreadful road trip.

Well, I'm going to the game tonight and it's at least partly out of a sense of obligation. IMHO this game has the highest likelihood of any game I can think of to be DR's and LR's last game with the Sabres. I'm not at all sure it will happen, but it does seem logical that if DR and LR are let go before the end of the season, it will be over the all-star break. That would give them time to nail down the new GM and give the new GM time to get up to speed before the trading deadline.

I have no desire to spend money, leave work early and hike out to Newark to watch yet another dreary 3-1 loss in a half-empty arena, but I need to lay my eyes on Lindy in person and thank him for the memories.

The ECF and the SCF with Dominik and a bunch of string and rubber bands

Finally beating Ottawa in 2005 on Vanek's around-the-world move to beat Dominik in the shootout

7-6

Pominville with the OT SHG series-winner

Game 3 of the ECF in 2006 at HSBC

"Go out and run 'em"

Drury tieing it against the Rangers with 6 seconds left

Rivet tieing it up at the end against SJ the night of the plane crash

Charging back into the playoffs last year with the best 2nd-half record in the league

If tonight's the last night, I'll miss him.

I was so excited to watch the game on VS the other night because that meant they were on TV again. As I was watching it, it was embarrassing to hear other commentators speak about my favorite team, the Sabres. They were ripping them apart like eating a chicken wing when I go to Duff's. I couldn't count on both hands how many times they said they sabres are "Fragile." I want to see a full 3 period game tonight! I don't want this team to be fragile and have to read text messages from my friends talking crap about my NHL team. Lets get out there hit some guys, score some goals, and defense, please do not turn the puck over once tonight. The defense needs to get this puck out of our zone and produce some scoring opportunities. Please, lets go into the All Star break with a win!!

Lets face it. Regardless of everyones expectations to start the season and more importantly TPegs sales job to the fans, this team is just not that good. I don't think they can turn it around because they are just that bad. We've had a pretty good window of games now to analyze the product and there really haven't been any positive signs that putting the brakes on this epic slide is possible. Imo tonight it gets even uglier. As nfreeman said I believe tonights the night. Cut these guys loose not if but when they blow this game. DR and LR have had a good run but its time. As for the game tonight the Devils shut out the Sabres. the soundtrack to this game could very well be a very angry crowd. GO SABRES !

The soundtrack will likely be a very happy crowd. Thought this one was in Buffalo.

I want to see a full 3 period game tonight! I don't want this team to be fragile and have to read text messages from my friends talking crap about my NHL team. Lets get out there hit some guys, score some goals, and defense, please do not turn the puck over once tonight. The defense needs to get this puck out of our zone and produce some scoring opportunities. Please, lets go into the All Star break with a win!!

Stop punishing yourself man. This team sucks and if management isn't going to at least take some action, then they need to hit absolute rock bottom more than anything else.

Stop punishing yourself man. This team sucks and if management isn't going to at least take some action, then they need to hit absolute rock bottom more than anything else.

Pretty much this. Watching the games as of late has been akin to rubbernecking a wreck on the 290. Only there aren't any flatbeds in sight.

Sad to say I almost feel like I do with the Bills as of late and a loss gets us more then a win would, but my feelings usually change(like the Bills) when the game starts.

I'm a glutton for punishment...

One thing every Buffalo sports fan has in common.

I spent all morning at the dentist yesterday, but I somehow think watching this game tonight will be more painful...

Painful or not, I'll be watching,

Anyone else miss Tim Connolly like I do, (big fan)

One thing you could say about Connolly, he was always a handful for the opposition...

Archived