F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Really? I never would have considered this a determining factor at all for a position I was hiring for. Is the standard different between industries?

I think it's more a situation where if there are multiple good candidates, people can remove themselves from the list of finalists by blowing this off.

Thank you for this, gentlemen... I just heard back from the HR person (I'd emailed he and the two managers with whom I met last week) and he said I am still very much under consideration and they are working on the next steps so I should hear from them next week.  I hate waiting even longer, but so relieved to hear I didn't bungle that opportunity!

Boom!  Congrats.

Of lesser importance, but still worth mentioning, is that this is another big victory for me over Whiskey.

I'm going to a brewery, Liger out. 

When do you figure you'll get back to the board tongiht? I want to have my popcorn ready. :)

(I'm just jealous, I don't get to go out boozing very often these days.)

I think it's more a situation where if there are multiple good candidates, people can remove themselves from the list of finalists by blowing this off.

Boom!  Congrats.

Of lesser importance, but still worth mentioning, is that this is another big victory for me over Whiskey.

Thanks!  And :lol: to the bolded.

Home inspections are a crazy process, even on new construction.  We had ours today and its amazing what they can find.  Still, to me it counts as fantastic not only because we close next week, but also it was a very interesting process to be a part of.

Home inspections are a crazy process, even on new construction.  We had ours today and its amazing what they can find.  Still, to me it counts as fantastic not only because we close next week, but also it was a very interesting process to be a part of.

Why does it feel like you've been closing on your house for like four years now.

Come on dad's, I'm sure there are some big Father's Day plans to brag about in this thread today.  As for me, my old pops and I are going out for a few wings and pops on Sunday.

I'm going to a memorial service tomorrow for my Uncle, who passed away in November. This weekend will by my 5 cousins' first father's day without their dad. It's pretty much putting a rain cloud on the whole weekend. #wrongthread

I'm going to a memorial service tomorrow for my Uncle, who passed away in November. This weekend will by my 5 cousins' first father's day without their dad. It's pretty much putting a rain cloud on the whole weekend. #wrongthread

:(  Why now if he passed in November?

Had to wait for the ice to melt at my family's favorite lake in the Adirondacks, if you know what I mean.  :)

Ah, I gotcha.  We had to wait between March and Sept. to do the burial for my grandfather for some reason, but they had the service in March.  Sorry for your loss.  :(

In happier news:  I've made a decision in my job search, and while this summer will be a little challenging commuting to Baltimore, in the fall I will be moving to Denver, CO!  I'm SO excited.

I'll be going home in a week to spend some time with my dogs and family. Really looking forward to it. Life has beaten the hell out of me lately. This morning was no exception. Woke up with Hell's Itch on my arms this morning (look it up, it's agonizing and nearly untreatable).

Haven't seen my family aside from a day and a half in late December. Will be nice to just relax and ignore everything for a few days. Will be going off the grid on draft night into Sunday morning which will be killer but worth it.

I'll be going home in a week to spend some time with my dogs and family. Really looking forward to it. Life has beaten the hell out of me lately. This morning was no exception. Woke up with Hell's Itch on my arms this morning (look it up, it's agonizing and nearly untreatable).

Haven't seen my family aside from a day and a half in late December. Will be nice to just relax and ignore everything for a few days. Will be going off the grid on draft night into Sunday morning which will be killer but worth it.

Oh yikes, Hoss... this sounds awful:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/whitest-mans-burden-for-an-unlucky-few-sunburn-means-a-debilitating-itch-torture

Hopefully it's "only" a day or two.  Enjoy some relaxation and a much needed mental health break this weekend.

Sorry to hear man.

Oh yikes, Hoss... this sounds awful:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/whitest-mans-burden-for-an-unlucky-few-sunburn-means-a-debilitating-itch-torture

Hopefully it's "only" a day or two. Enjoy some relaxation and a much needed mental health break this weekend.

Definitely hoping it goes away within 24 hours. I got it to calm but every now in then it just SUDDENLY comes back and causes a bit of a scream and a jump in panic for me. I have to leave for work in a few minutes. I'm honestly a bit nervous not only about making myself look like a fool... But about driving.

Definitely hoping it goes away within 24 hours. I got it to calm but every now in then it just SUDDENLY comes back and causes a bit of a scream and a jump in panic for me. I have to leave for work in a few minutes. I'm honestly a bit nervous not only about making myself look like a fool... But about driving.

That article mentioned very hot water helps trick your nerves into forgetting the itch temporarily... maybe soak some washclothes in very hot water and drape on your arm?  Might not work if it's upper arm, though.  Good luck, man.

That article mentioned very hot water helps trick your nerves into forgetting the itch temporarily... maybe soak some washclothes in very hot water and drape on your arm? Might not work if it's upper arm, though. Good luck, man.

Thanks. The idea behind the scorching hot water, as I've read it other places, is essentially to cause minor pain from the water which will kind of turn off "itch receptors." It's a good form of temporary relief, but I can't do it at work.

I saw a couple people say you shouldn't shower for a few days. I'll likely just take a scorching hot one tomorrow to get clean then skip a day.