F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

We just got back from visiting our house. Everything inside is scheduled to be completed by Monday or Tuesday, minus the minor touch up jobs here and there. Man it looks so close right now. Two weeks to go until closing.

Congrats. This town is growing at a rapid pace and has some warts as a result, but for the most part you're moving to a fantastic community.

Home today having some work done on the house. The contractor is making a terrific racket in my basement and it brings me sick joy to know it's probably pissing off my horrible neighbor. :devil:

Home today having some work done on the house. The contractor is making a terrific racket in my basement and it brings me sick joy to know it's probably pissing off my horrible neighbor. :devil:

Should have put this post under Schadenfreude Saturdays

Nice.  Sorry if I missed it but did you hear back on those jobs?

As for me, going camping this weekend.  First time the little guy is sleeping over in a tent.  I bought him a sleeping bag for it and gave it to him last weekend.  Hasn't been out of his sight all week and he's been pretty excited.  Looks like the weather should hold up too. 

Nice.  Sorry if I missed it but did you hear back on those jobs?

As for me, going camping this weekend.  First time the little guy is sleeping over in a tent.  I bought him a sleeping bag for it and gave it to him last weekend.  Hasn't been out of his sight all week and he's been pretty excited.  Looks like the weather should hold up too. 

Not yet.  :(  I realized yesterday I completely spaced on sending a follow-up / thank you email to the people I interviewed with last week because I'd had such an encouraging conversation afterwards with the first person I'd interviewed with and forgot.  I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.  :(

Not yet. :( I realized yesterday I completely spaced on sending a follow-up / thank you email to the people I interviewed with last week because I'd had such an encouraging conversation afterwards with the first person I'd interviewed with and forgot. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me. :(

Send the thank-you note. Better late than never.

Send the thank-you note. Better late than never.

Even 9 days late?  I'm afraid it might look desperate at this point, but I don't want them to think I wasn't interested.  The manager I'd met with told me their HR people are incredibly slow, but he'd thought I should hear back either way this week.

Even 9 days late?  I'm afraid it might look desperate at this point, but I don't want them to think I wasn't interested.  The manager I'd met with told me their HR people are incredibly slow, but he'd thought I should hear back either way this week.

I don't think it would hurt to still send it.  Shows you're still interested and really want to be employed there I think.

Even 9 days late? I'm afraid it might look desperate at this point, but I don't want them to think I wasn't interested. The manager I'd met with told me their HR people are incredibly slow, but he'd thought I should hear back either way this week.

Definitely send it. I'm in the middle of a hiring process right now and good candidates are being bounced for not sending it. Thanks them for meeting with you and considering you, tell them you think it's a great opportunity and would love to work there, etc. send one to every person you met with.

Definitely send it. I'm in the middle of a hiring process right now and good candidates are being bounced for not sending it. Thanks them for meeting with you and considering you, tell them you think it's a great opportunity and would love to work there, etc. send one to every person you met with.

Yikes -- good to know.  Sending now!  I'm kicking myself for not doing it; just got completely distracted last week after talking to the other woman and then going into work.  D'oh!

Really? I never would have considered this a determining factor at all for a position I was hiring for. Is the standard different between industries?

I don't think it would hurt to still send it.  Shows you're still interested and really want to be employed there I think.

Thank you for this, gentlemen... I just heard back from the HR person (I'd emailed he and the two managers with whom I met last week) and he said I am still very much under consideration and they are working on the next steps so I should hear from them next week.  I hate waiting even longer, but so relieved to hear I didn't bungle that opportunity!

Should have put this post under Schadenfreude Saturdays

:thumbsup:  :beer:

Thank you for this, gentlemen... I just heard back from the HR person (I'd emailed he and the two managers with whom I met last week) and he said I am still very much under consideration and they are working on the next steps so I should hear from them next week.  I hate waiting even longer, but so relieved to hear I didn't bungle that opportunity!

Glad it seems to have worked out, so far at least.

I was once waiting in an office as part of a callback 2nd interview.  The HR director came into the office where I was waiting to tell me someone would be in to talk to me soon, with my application file in her hand.  She dropped it, it hit the floor, the contents spilled out, and I saw the hand written thank you note I had mailed to the firm earlier after my first interview lying on the floor.  

It shows that at least this particular employer was keeping tabs on stuff like a thank you note.

Good stuff.  Good luck bio.

I really did mean to send one (and I did for the first interview with someone else a few weeks back)!  Thank goodness it wasn't a dealbreaker in this case.

In other fantastic news:  the contractor this morning told me I didn't need to replace the entire staircase to my basement (just the frame), so I decided to have him work on that drywall that the termites were eating.  The basement stairs look 100% better, and after opening up the wall he only needed to replace one piece of drywall and some insulation, with no damage in load-bearing sections of the wall frame.  He has to come back a couple more times to finish patching up the wall before I can paint it, but I feel 1000% better knowing that will have been addressed.

Hey bio,

I'm old school and I always send a thank you note.

In a Job Readiness module I "teach" at the school for graduating students I tell them this and they look at me like I have six heads.

If no one else does, believe me, you want to be the one candidate that does.  If nothing else it shows your professionalism and attention to detail.  Make sure there are no spelling / grammar errors.

Hey bio,

I'm old school and I always send a thank you note.

In a Job Readiness module I "teach" at the school for graduating students I tell them this and they look at me like I have six heads.

If no one else does, believe me, you want to be the one candidate that does.  If nothing else it shows your professionalism and attention to detail.  Make sure there are no spelling / grammar errors.

Good call.  And yes I am a spelling and grammar fanatic myself, so I try very hard to make sure I haven't made any errors before sending!