F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

d4rk's put up with me for 4 years as of tomorrow. Or is it me putting up with him? Probably. :P

So we're gonna go see Rev Peyton in Buffalo with sabills and have a good time. It may be snowing today, but blue skies are coming. I swear.

You da bess.

d4rk's put up with me for 4 years as of tomorrow. Or is it me putting up with him? Probably.  :P

So we're gonna go see Rev Peyton in Buffalo with sabills and have a good time. It may be snowing today, but blue skies are coming. I swear. 

Hint hint hint. Don't forget d4rk!

I scored a 12 pack of CVS brand toilet paper for 7 bucks. It's the single ply, which lasts forever. Then Fudge Stripes were on sale for 1.99. My Fridays don't get any more exciting than this. TP and Fudge Stripes. #iwannabesedated

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's my Bday today.  Unfortunately I'm turning the big 3-0 and everything goes down hill from here.  The good news is we're going to a great little restaurant tonight that have juicy, thick cut steaks.  I'm debating between the 12 oz or 16 oz fully loaded! 

Also, it's suppose to be pushing 30 degrees (86 for you Yanks) on the weekend.  Finally, I mean finally, the summer weather is on the way! 

Well it's my Bday today.  Unfortunately I'm turning the big 3-0 and everything goes down hill from here.  The good news is we're going to a great little restaurant tonight that have juicy, thick cut steaks.  I'm debating between the 12 oz or 16 oz fully loaded! 

Also, it's suppose to be pushing 30 degrees (86 for you Yanks) on the weekend.  Finally, I mean finally, the summer weather is on the way! 

Bigger is always better... when it comes to steak on your birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ7B9x027uc

Happy birthday.  Did you get the walker I sent you?

I don't agree with everything going downhill as you age. Some things are inevitable. It's more of a mindset. If you believe what you said and stop taking care of yourself (if you did before) of course things will go downhill. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. You do get wiser, not necessarily smarter. You start to figure things out. That said, go for the fully loaded. How many more opportunities will you have, really?

Happy Birthday!!

You spring chicken.

I don't agree with everything going downhill as you age. Some things are inevitable. It's more of a mindset. If you believe what you said and stop taking care of yourself (if you did before) of course things will go downhill. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. You do get wiser, not necessarily smarter. You start to figure things out. That said, go for the fully loaded. How many more opportunities will you have, really?

The aging expert has spoken.  Listen to the man, derrico.  He learned all of this directly from Socrates himself.

Thanks all!

I was just messing around with the all downhill comment.  It just sucks how fast time goes sometimes.  Feels like yesterday I was Liger and Tanks age :P   I'm just playing, aren't you going for your second Masters Liger?  That must put you somewhat close to the big 3-0 as well.

Thanks all!

I was just messing around with the all downhill comment.  It just sucks how fast time goes sometimes.  Feels like yesterday I was Liger and Tanks age :P   I'm just playing, aren't you going for your second Masters Liger?  That must put you somewhat close to the big 3-0 as well.

... you mean 28?  I'll be 28 this month.

That said I do have to make conscious efforts now to take care of myself.  Otherwise I'll get fat like the x did. 

Edited by LGR4GM

That said I do have to make conscious efforts now to take care of myself.  Otherwise I'll get fat like the x did. 

I was just joking with you man. 

This is very true, especially working a desk job.  I'm still swimming and hitting the gym from time to time.  Play summer ice hockey as well but I'm already starting to see I don't bounce back quite as quickly from some of those injuries.  I guess if I didn't continue to play my crash the net style of play in Rec Co-Ed hockey I wouldn't have those problems :lol:

I was just joking with you man. 

This is very true, especially working a desk job.  I'm still swimming and hitting the gym from time to time.  Play summer ice hockey as well but I'm already starting to see I don't bounce back quite as quickly from some of those injuries.  I guess if I didn't continue to play my crash the net style of play in Rec Co-Ed hockey I wouldn't have those problems :lol:

lol I know, no worries.   :P

You're 28? F### that's old. I always thought you were younger than me...

Have dinner plans tonight with a friend I've been wanting to catch up with for a while.  And a potentially exciting development on the job hunting front came about yesterday... my boss put me in touch with a former colleague of his who was just recruited to one of the places I'm looking to go, and her research sounds like a perfect fit for my experience.  Sent her my resume last night and hoping to hear back before too long on whether she'd like to set up an interview.  Fingers crossed!!

Hope you get it Bio. You are due a good turn. 

All you young farts complaining about being old when you in your 20s.

Makes me wish I could open the Thursday thread.

:P

Keep in mind that you are only as old as you feel.  Some days I feel like I'm 20 something and other days I feel like I'm 100.

Also, if you think the time is going fast now ... it actually speeds up the older you get.  So, enjoy every moment to it's fullest.

Happy Birthday Derrico, it can't be too bad if you're getting a steak dinner out of it  :beer:

It's great being young because I have no responsibilities, but it's great being older because you're established and don't have to worry about where you'll end up.

If only your birthday was on 3/14... ;)

Well if it's your birthday I'd hope you get both gifts of that day, so I'd rather have a random day like 3-14 where I can get both for no reason  :D

That is, if you have someone to celebrate it with. Otherwise you end up trying weird yoga poses