F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Just found two perfectly ripe avocados at the store. That's rare, for me anyway.

Rare indeed. I read a trick somewhere that if the avocado is green (not brown) under the stem / button it's ripe inside, but I also read that checking at the store is discouraged because supposedly they go bad more quickly once that part has been removed. (Although if it's a good one, you're probably taking it home yourself, and if it's a bad one, it was too late anyhow!)

I heard some FN Fantastic news this week: my boss has finally had enough of the incompetent and overly fragrant graduate student (the inspiration for many Complaint Thursday posts) and is giving him three months to wrap up and leave with a Master's degree rather than keeping him on to finish the PhD. It still irritates me that they're talking about giving him a Master's like a gold star to a preschooler who mastered tying his shoelaces because this guy is quite honestly at an undergraduate level, but I'm so excited that he'll be gone in the not-too-distant future.

I'm jealous, I'm working on the couch. It's not really comfortable to type for long periods lying down.

something long periods probably aren't comfortable something something

Had a date last night, think it went well, hoping to maybe see again soon. Slow and steady.

something long periods probably aren't comfortable something something

Had a date last night, think it went well, hoping to maybe see again soon. Slow and steady.

Good luck, man! You're overdue for some luck in that department.

My new neighbors are not only not ######, they're having a party with friends tomorrow and have gone out of their way to make sure I know I'm invited (and I plan to stop over for a little bit). Three cheers for normal people.

The stupid kid left early (after already being AWOL most of the day) because of a "headache". Incredibly lame, but happy he's not here.

My boss left about an hour ago, and I'll be leaving early in another hour to have dinner with a friend.

Weather this weekend in the 50s and sunny. :thumbsup:

We bought rings this weekend. Guess which one cost more than twice as much as the other. The first person to guess right wins a free beer out of their own fridge.

First: congrats!

Ssecond: twice as much? Ours are 100:1, but mine was really cheap (tungsten carbide FTW).

We bought rings this weekend. Guess which one cost more than twice as much as the other. The first person to guess right wins a free beer out of their own fridge.

How in the world was hers ONLY 2x expensive as yours? Either you're a really expensive date or she's a keeper.

Congrats. :beer:

And sunny & 70 w/ Dos X in hand is my entry for FF.

How in the world was hers ONLY 2x expensive as yours? Either you're a really expensive date or she's a keeper.

Congrats. :beer:

And sunny & 70 w/ Dos X in hand is my entry for FF.

It's more than 2x actually, but I'm too lazy to do the math (says the statistician). It's funny what some tiny stones that go half way around the band can do since my ring probably has at least 10x as much metal in it (and I think they are the same metal, if I remember correctly).

This weekend's purchase? Bedroom furniture. The 2 years of 0% interest financing will be nice though. We've got more than enough to pay for it now, but there's no point in doing that. I supposed our credit ratings might drop a point or two, but they're through the roof anyway.

Oh, and one last bit of fantastic. I was finally able to wear one of my titleist hats this morning instead of a knit hat. Please stay this way, weather.