F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Can't believe no one posted in this thread yet today! For me: had yummy (and free) food at our dept holiday party today, and still managed to get my work done and get out early. Very much looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning for the first time in at least two weeks.

Just saw this part of the thread. Congrats on the job.

So, are you replacing the guy from the USPS commercial that I assume had his heart explode from all the caffeine?

Haha yeah I'm taking up that role.

On a related note, this is the first weekend in two months that I don't have to work a Sunday. F'N fantastic!

Also related, I had an interview yesterday for a position with Pictometry doing geospatial image processing. It's already tremendous that they brought me in for an interview. It would be quite a life changer if they offer me the position. Growing high profile local company, walking distance from my apartment, better pay, much more cerebral, and a potential career path. Fingers crossed.

I'm going to throw a downer in the Fantastic Frifday thread cuz the complaint thread is closed.....

Today was the last day at work for most of us., The final workday before the holiday break was always a time of celebration and happiness. Today was a rollercoaster. I Said goodbye to about 250 of my friends that are going to be on the street tomorrow. None of us were ready to give up on the project. We all wanted to keep at the goal. But today we said goodbye to a bunch of folks that weren't continuing on, most of whom are going to be unemployed as of tomorrow morning. Lots of wet eyes in the place. Combo of great people you won't see again and goals that won't be obtained. Sad day. Bourbon is helping.

On a related note, this is the first weekend in two months that I don't have to work a Sunday. F'N fantastic!

Also related, I had an interview yesterday for a position with Pictometry doing geospatial image processing. It's already tremendous that they brought me in for an interview. It would be quite a life changer if they offer me the position. Growing high profile local company, walking distance from my apartment, better pay, much more cerebral, and a potential career path. Fingers crossed.

I hope you get it. We all should be challenged at our job on a regular basis.

Got all my ski gear out, and leaving work an hour early. Heading up to Greek Peak for the first outing of the year, then tomorrow, heading to WNY with the gf, sister, and brother in law to hit up Holiday Valley, and spend New Years out there. Gonna use my holiday money (gifts from the grandparents) and go to the chophouse with the girl and her brother and his girlfriend. Gonna be fun.

Went snowboarding for the first time of the season last night, and the conditions were great (especially for man-made snow). I'm always pleasantly surprised to find I haven't forgotten everything I learned the previous year, lol. Also got to hang out with a friend I don't see much any more, so that was good.

Good luck w/ the Pictometry gig.

That's been a very good company. And it seems to still be going strong after Dick Kaplan left.

My computer has and HDMI out and my beautiful 47" led tv has an HDMI in... so tomorrow at 8am I will be streaming the finals of the World Juniors on the big screen and that is Fantastic!

liger out!

Edited by LGR4GM

post-1415-0-51011600-1357322114_thumb.png

What does that mean?

New nephew born today. cousin-twin for LPF#3. prenatal testing indicated a severe heart condition, requiring immediate surgery. test after birth showed surgery can be put off for at least a year.

it doesn't get much more f'n fantastic than that!

1. My niece had open-heart surgery at eighteen months. It's so freaking cool what they can do right now. My prayers are that your nephew never needs it, but if he does, he'll probably be okay.

2. Hey, does the LPF clan ever think about, I don't know, birth control or something? Some of us are scared that you're trying to populate the earth with your own weird LPF race.

But, more seriously, congrats again on another member of your family.

Edited by Eleven

What does that mean?

1. My niece had open-heart surgery at eighteen months. It's so freaking cool what they can do right now. My prayers are that your nephew never needs it, but if he does, he'll probably be okay.

2. Hey, does the LPF clan ever think about, I don't know, birth control or something? Some of us are scared that you're trying to populate the earth with your own weird LPF race.

But, more seriously, congrats again on another member of your family.

Birth Control?