F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I thought I knew where I was headed to college, but I threw an application in to UB anyway, on the deadline, February first. Well past considerable school scholarship stage.

Their acceptance, along with a surprise scholarship, completely changed my mind. I think I'll be a UB student in the fall.

Congrats, Arc!

Sabres finally win two games in a row again (woohoo!).

Grandfather went home from the hospital last Sat. and is still there (home), so hopefully his health continues to improve.

And after a very, very long two months, I'm on vacation next week and part of the following week in Phoenix. Suh-weet.

Edited by biodork

Sitting at the architectural wonder that is the Cleveland Clinic, drinkin coffee and reading. Jo is upstairs getting her heart all checked out (fingers crossed). Hopefully in a few hours this becomes a vacation for both of us! Right now though I'm more than happy to be sitting in the bustling hospital Starbucks watching important people do important things.

I thought I knew where I was headed to college, but I threw an application in to UB anyway, on the deadline, February first. Well past considerable school scholarship stage.

Their acceptance, along with a surprise scholarship, completely changed my mind. I think I'll be a UB student in the fall.

A little money changes everything, doesn't it? I really didn't have a clue where I'd end up, but I took the school who gave me the most money. Maybe it wasn't the smartest move, but I can't complain.

Sitting at the architectural wonder that is the Cleveland Clinic, drinkin coffee and reading. Jo is upstairs getting her heart all checked out (fingers crossed). Hopefully in a few hours this becomes a vacation for both of us! Right now though I'm more than happy to be sitting in the bustling hospital Starbucks watching important people do important things.

Hope all is well with Jo and you guys can relax for the remainder of your trip!

A little money changes everything, doesn't it? I really didn't have a clue where I'd end up, but I took the school who gave me the most money. Maybe it wasn't the smartest move, but I can't complain.

Actually, UB gave me a lot less money than the other school, but that other school is a private school and much more expensive even with the scholarship. But yes, the money is certainly a main factor in the decision.

And thanks, qwk.

Hope all went well, d4rksabre.

Same with the grandfather, bio.

Best of luck, Touched by Boyes!

Everything went well for the most part today. They have Jo wearing a Holter monitor for 24 hours and then she gets free. We decided to get fish fry at Winking Lizard and then went to see Zero Dark Thirty. What an excellent film! I highly recommend it. Back to the hotel in time for a nightcap. :beer: F'N Fantastic!

Everything went well for the most part today. They have Jo wearing a Holter monitor for 24 hours and then she gets free. We decided to get fish fry at Winking Lizard and then went to see Zero Dark Thirty. What an excellent film! I highly recommend it. Back to the hotel in time for a nightcap. :beer: F'N Fantastic!

That's hot.

Glad to hear things are good.

Edited by Eleven

Have an interview scheduled in two weeks. It's for a position that would be a new path for my career. I am VERY intrigued by the opportunity. If the interview goes well I may very well be at a crossroads. The position will require a relocation out west in about 12-18 months. I am coming to the realization that it may be for the best personally if I accept that there are better opportunities for myself and my family in other locales. Right now I am getting excited about the idea (The Concept, if you will) of a new path for my career even if it means a new location to call home.

It's snowing like crazy in NYC and we are getting lunch delivered by an excellent Mexican restaurant. Guacamole to start plus a shrimp quesadilla that is a consistent A-plus. Then a big party tonight with a ton of food and booze, plus ladies in cocktail dresses.

Have an interview scheduled in two weeks. It's for a position that would be a new path for my career. I am VERY intrigued by the opportunity. If the interview goes well I may very well be at a crossroads. The position will require a relocation out west in about 12-18 months. I am coming to the realization that it may be for the best personally if I accept that there are better opportunities for myself and my family in other locales. Right now I am getting excited about the idea (The Concept, if you will) of a new path for my career even if it means a new location to call home.

Unfortunately this is the reality that crystallizes eventually for many who have had to leave. Good luck as you grapple with this. Leaving WNY was a very tough decision for me as all of my family was and still is there. My wife (fiance at the time) came along with very serious reservations about the move to NC. Now, a decade later, I'd probably have just as hard a time convincing her to move back. Good luck with the interview as well.

It's snowing like crazy in NYC and we are getting lunch delivered by an excellent Mexican restaurant. Guacamole to start plus a shrimp quesadilla that is a consistent A-plus. Then a big party tonight with a ton of food and booze, plus ladies in cocktail dresses.

This all sounds like a win!

As for me, as soon as I leave work I am going to the local brewery to celebrate a co-workers birthday. 3 hours of drinking and friends. Then it will be dinner time and then out to the fav bar to hopefully talk to some nice young ladies, many of whom will be in dresses. Also its about 55 here right now and crystal clear blue skies... its a good Friday.

I'm enjoying a much-needed vacation in Phoenix visiting my mom and brother. Other than a little rain today and tomorrow, the weather has been sunny and warm. And with the Coyotes in the midst of a homestand, I also get to see 3 hockey games while I'm here (they're season ticket holders)! Fantastic, indeed.

Good luck, weave!

I'll be curious to see how this goes. I'm at a point where I think I could use a new path career-wise, but I can't shake the feeling that it is tough to do at 31 years old. I know that thinking about it from the age point of view is very short-sighted, but I still can't shake that feeling.

I'll be curious to see how this goes. I'm at a point where I think I could use a new path career-wise, but I can't shake the feeling that it is tough to do at 31 years old. I know that thinking about it from the age point of view is very short-sighted, but I still can't shake that feeling.

It will be tougher at 36, tougher still at 41, etc.

weave, best of luck but I hope you're able to find something here.

This all sounds like a win!

As for me, as soon as I leave work I am going to the local brewery to celebrate a co-workers birthday. 3 hours of drinking and friends. Then it will be dinner time and then out to the fav bar to hopefully talk to some nice young ladies, many of whom will be in dresses. Also its about 55 here right now and crystal clear blue skies... its a good Friday.

Terrapin I assume?