F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Candles. Sh*tloads of candles.

And a fire extinguisher.

only thing I can think of for this

anyways, I had the pleasure of watching the Bills pick with a lovely young lady from Tallahassee and today work is going to be relatively slow so all and all its fantastic.

No work, beautiful day for driving to Buffalo, and great suggestion from weave on how to salvage tomorrow's plans (thank you!). Here's hoping the Sabres will make things fun tonight, even though the game doesn't mean a thing.

Going to the Sabres Game with my little boy. I don't care where they are in the standings, or what the "meaning" of the game is. Taking your little kids to an NHL game is F'n Fantastic.

Awesome! We'll wave to you from the 300s, haha.

My new bedroom furniture gets delivered tomorrow. I'm in the process of a gradual move in of stuff to what will be our apartment for the next year or two, so I have very little there right now. But with this, it will be very nice to have a dresser that is specifically for my clothes.

Not fantastic, but promising. Interview this morning was weird but ended well. Small company. Position I am overqualified for. First two interviewers talked so much I couldn't get a chance to sell myself. Had to take a skills test. Hadn't had to do that in ages. But it went fine. As the interview was ending my interviewer stepped out to see if anyone else was interested in speaking to me. The owner stepped in, reviewed my resume, and took the interview down a whole new path. He wants to consider me for a different postion, one that isn't officiaily open yet and is a much better match for my skillset. He ended the interview by telling my to contact his secretary on Monday or Tuesday to make sure I am on his schedule for late next week some time.

It isn't a job off, but it sounds promising.

Not fantastic, but promising. Interview this morning was weird but ended well. Small company. Position I am overqualified for. First two interviewers talked so much I couldn't get a chance to sell myself. Had to take a skills test. Hadn't had to do that in ages. But it went fine. As the interview was ending my interviewer stepped out to see if anyone else was interested in speaking to me. The owner stepped in, reviewed my resume, and took the interview down a whole new path. He wants to consider me for a different postion, one that isn't officiaily open yet and is a much better match for my skillset. He ended the interview by telling my to contact his secretary on Monday or Tuesday to make sure I am on his schedule for late next week some time.

Cool. Good luck w/ it.

okay, seriously? cuz i had an interview this morning too. small company, i'm way over-qualified but willing to take the pay cut to at least stay employed ... and this position has the added benefit of working from home. i can live with that!

good luck, man. hope everything pans out well for you.

okay, seriously? cuz i had an interview this morning too. small company, i'm way over-qualified but willing to take the pay cut to at least stay employed ... and this position has the added benefit of working from home. i can live with that!

good luck, man. hope everything pans out well for you.

Cool. Hope it works out for you as well.

Where are you sitting?

I'll be up there in my usual place wearing my Tavares jersey.

303 row 12 -- feel free to say hi if you see us! No jersey for me tonight (this year's team isn't worthy).

Good luck, weave!!

Guest Sloth

Friday's are usually fantastic, but this one just flat out blew. When a fight breaks out in a class you teach, administrators are not happy. Who the heck would be? But of course the teacher is held liable to a certain extent. You can't prevent everything. If you two kids want to go at it, they're going to go at it. I was never called in or criticized for it, but I don't like bad things to be on my record. This Friday went from fantastic to crap in the very last hour of the day. All I can say is my classes will be focusing on plyometrics/calisthenics.

Packing up the car, leaving our vaca spot at 6am. Stopping at Raleigh tomorrow night and we have the luxury of enjoying a Bob Seger concert as we missed Buffalo last week. Can't wait, love all his music, even if its after a 12 hour drive.

This Friday, in the middle of the brief period where Upstate NY's weather does it's best impression of San Diego, with a fridge full of grill-able food and a fresh bag of charcoal. F'N Fantastic.

Other things that are F'N Fantastic:

My wife started a web design and marketing business in September, and has grown it exponentially in the last 3 months. She is now fully booked through July. After everything that happened last year, between the move, her uncle dying, failing to sell our house for 12 months, living with my parents while expecting our 3rd child. It's F'n Fantastic to see things coming our way like a stampede.

Great news, GCoE and Eleven!

I managed to cut out of work early on a similarly beautiful day so I could cut the grass and then admire the backyard while enjoying an adult beverage on the porch. And I don't have to work tomorrow like I originally thought. Awesome.

My kid kicked ass in the school musical yesterday, my other one won his soccer game the night before, and tonight we all went to see Iron Man 3. It's been a pretty good week.