F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Heading down to Arapahoe, NC at the coast after lunch today for a weekend camping trip with my son's Y Guides tribe. Should be a blast and F'N fantastic.

I'll be pretty close to you on Saturday. Camping in Edenton on our way down to Calabash to see the folks for the week. I can't wait to get the H E Double Hockey Sticks out of Jersey for awhile.

Been waiting all week for this:

My date went well, ended up grabbing dinner and hanging out both Thursday and Friday which was cool. Playing things nice and slow and we will see what happens but it is nice.

SYRACUSE IN THE FINAL 4 OOOOO YAAAAAAAA. Wish I had tickets being so close but I am not dropping 600$ on one.

I'll be pretty close to you on Saturday. Camping in Edenton on our way down to Calabash to see the folks for the week. I can't wait to get the H E Double Hockey Sticks out of Jersey for awhile.

Nice, have fun, the weather this weekend is supposed to be pretty damn nice in Eastern NC.. Edenton Brewing is pretty good from what I remember if you get a chance to pick up some beers.

Nice, have fun, the weather this weekend is supposed to be pretty damn nice in Eastern NC.. Edenton Brewing is pretty good from what I remember if you get a chance to pick up some beers.

I will absolutely make a chance. :thumbsup: :beer:

Still basking in the glow of the Louie CK show last night (at Kleinhan's).

Sweet. Thought about going. He's really at the top of his game right now. He found out a great formula for a standup routine. I lived across the street from the Miami Improv for a few years and guys would show up unannounced and do a set. Got to see Chapelle, Chris Rock, but haven't seen Louie live yet.

Sweet. Thought about going. He's really at the top of his game right now. He found out a great formula for a standup routine. I lived across the street from the Miami Improv for a few years and guys would show up unannounced and do a set. Got to see Chapelle, Chris Rock, but haven't seen Louie live yet.

I have some friends who go to the frozen four every year. The year it was in Buffalo, Chapelle had a show the same weekend. He was in the same hotel as them and they randomly invited him to their room for their postgame boozefest. He actually showed up and they have pictures to prove it.

He really is (at the top of his game). His interview with Stern this week is outstanding stuff (you can hear it in chunks on YouTube). In that interview, Stern attributed a quote to George Carlin to the effect that any great comic has maybe 2 hours of great stand-up material in him. I think Stern had the quote (the # of hours) wrong, based on CK's reaction and based on the fact that they went on to discuss that Carlin did, according to CK, something like ~14-16 hours of really great stand-up (I think that's the # that CK posited). The material last night (which will be his upcoming "Oh My God" special on HBO) was fantastic, but there were a few bits that I recognized as variations on a prior theme -- really, really good variations, mind you -- but variations. I'd have to go back and inventory all of his major shows since he started his current career arc (the one where he writes new material, tours it, and then never performs it again), but I sense that he's headed toward the midway mark of the 14-16 hours he referenced in his interview today.

I have some friends who go to the frozen four every year. The year it was in Buffalo, Chapelle had a show the same weekend. He was in the same hotel as them and they randomly invited him to their room for their postgame boozefest. He actually showed up and they have pictures to prove it.

Outstanding.

He really is (at the top of his game). His interview with Stern this week is outstanding stuff (you can hear it in chunks on YouTube). In that interview, Stern attributed a quote to George Carlin to the effect that any great comic has maybe 2 hours of great stand-up material in him. I think Stern had the quote (the # of hours) wrong, based on CK's reaction and based on the fact that they went on to discuss that Carlin did, according to CK, something like ~14-16 hours of really great stand-up (I think that's the # that CK posited). The material last night (which will be his upcoming "Oh My God" special on HBO) was fantastic, but there were a few bits that I recognized as variations on a prior theme -- really, really good variations, mind you -- but variations. I'd have to go back and inventory all of his major shows since he started his current career arc (the one where he writes new material, tours it, and then never performs it again), but I sense that he's headed toward the midway mark of the 14-16 hours he referenced in his interview today.

Outstanding.

Yeah...Louie is realistic about his success. He found a formula, and calmed his delivery down over the years to really connect with the audience. There are only so many new observations you can make or variations on a theme, but he has done well. I think Chris Rock did that for a while. His show really hit a flow and his delivery was great. In real life he is funny....but nothing as good as his act was. Louie is funny in real life too, but he is pretty introverted from what I can tell...just a real nice guy.

I like to read books of comics. Many times I am horribly disappointed with the lack of transfer of skills from stage to pen. Adam Corolla is probably the best writer out there now where you can be just as entertained by his book. His voice carries through the whole time.

Still basking in the glow of the Louie CK show last night (at Kleinhan's).

Louie's show on F/X is terrific. Highly recommended.