F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

My good news: I know there are many here who dislike the NBA, but my wife and I were invited to VIP seats for the Nets-Bulls game tonight. Free fancy food and booze are included -- and I can see myself having plenty of everything after a hectic week.

And I'm still happy about last night.

Love the NBA, that should be a blast.

And like you, I'm still giddy about last night's game. I've had a pretty bad week, but man, that game has me smiling today.

Congrats!

Delta changed my girlfriend's and my return flight from Denver for our ski trip (paid for months ago...before the layoff) to 6am (from an 11AM flight). We are staying at a resort a little over 2 hours away, so to get to the airport on time, with all of our ski stuff and unload, and check in, we would've had to leave at like 2 something in the morning. Not happening after 5 days of skiing. So I called Delta, and told them it would be too physically demanding for us to get to the airport on time, and that to change, I refused to pay $900 in change fees (what they were asking for). I was stern with the poor woman on the other end of the phone...and she changed my flight for me and my gf for no charge! F'N Fantastic.

The rest of the group flies into Binghamton, and they just switched flights thru our ski club to a different carrier. My gf and I are flying into Syracuse, while her brother into Buffalo...gotta get his fee waived and flight changed later when he's done with work. I may have to call for him lol.

As a frequent business flyer I can tell you that what you did is not easy to pull off. Delta is notorious for inflexibility in travel arrangements (they don't even have standby for ###### sake). Being stern is the best way to go about it though...

On a related note flying back to buffalo as i speak to see my girl. Its never a bad thing to be heading home

Edited by Touched by Boyes

I love snow. I want two feet.

…but I hate the Weather Channel. You would think that shards of broken glass are going to be falling from the sky with this storm.

Boston is going to implode and be completely wiped off the map. The world will rejoice.

• 2 weeks later...

short work day. 2 hours to go for this week, then i start working toward next week's 40.

did no one have anything to say last week?

I don't think the thread was ever unlocked (at least, it wasn't last Friday evening).

For me: I might actually get a day off this weekend! If I do it'll likely be spent doing all the stuff at home I've been neglecting for the last two weeks, but I'll take it.

short work day. 2 hours to go for this week, then i start working toward next week's 40.

did no one have anything to say last week?

These things come in threes.

1) I never opened Friday's thread

2) I unpinned the Jets game within minutes

3) I read on Lindy's son's twitter (now deleted) "As long as we have family we'll be just fine" about a half hour before the Sabres ' announcement.

I should have known.

I'll re-up my commitment to bringing this town a STANLEY CUP! (and of course that pic I promised when we win it all)