F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

style?

I had to do a switch when I got there. My intention was to attempt a clone of Victory Headwaters pale ale, but they didn't have the hops (Citra) that were required. I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised by that. So instead I pulled out my phone and looked for a Sierra Nevada Tumbler clone recipe as I've been truly enjoying that beer as of late. I was surprised to learn that SN puts a bit of smoked malt in that beer, but I don't get any out of it when tasting it. I'm also going to try the Wyeast 1450 for this one as it's supposed to attenuate well and still accentuate the malt character of brown ales.

Got the job. It's nothing groundbreaking but boy does it feel good to be back in the working world again. Thank you all for your good mojo :lol:

Outstanding. Congrats!

Anyone who was anyone had lasers back then. If I remember correctly, the laser projected the image on the 2112 cover, among other stuff. Probably still does. I also remember a movie of Red Barchetta.

And who could forget Geddy Lee singing "Take Off" with Bob & Doug McKenzie?

It's a beauty way to go.

Since I now have a real job and since I left my 37" Vizio with my Roommate in Buffalo, I decided I could go get a new tv. I had done some research and decided before tax, the Tv could cost no more than 600$, had to be 120hz, 1080p, and at least 40". Basically I wanted to upgrade from what I left behind. I also really wanted to try and get an LED. I knew it was going to be a task to get a decent tv for the price I wanted. When it comes to TV's I am a bit of label bitch. So we go and we look and there are 2 tv's that fit the price range and specs. One is a 42" LG LCD the other is a 40" Samsung LED. Now I know that LCD and LED are technically the same it is just that 1 has better contrast and color. So I am like well IDK. The guy comes over and is talking and I keep going back and forth not knowing what to do. Finally the guy is like, Wait a second I think that we have a bigger LED tv for only like 100 bucks more. So we go and look and the guy is wrong... they have a 47" LG LED for 600$ and it has all the other specs I want. So I got it and I love it. The reason it was 600$? It was last years model... the new one has an extra HDMI port and a sleeker case... and is 300$ more... DEF WIN!!! got a bigger TV that is exactly what I want for the price I wanted. FANTASTIC!!!!

Nice! You inadvertently observed my personal rule about buying TVs: always get one size bigger than you think you need.

Since I now have a real job and since I left my 37" Vizio with my Roommate in Buffalo, I decided I could go get a new tv. I had done some research and decided before tax, the Tv could cost no more than 600$, had to be 120hz, 1080p, and at least 40". Basically I wanted to upgrade from what I left behind. I also really wanted to try and get an LED. I knew it was going to be a task to get a decent tv for the price I wanted. When it comes to TV's I am a bit of label bitch. So we go and we look and there are 2 tv's that fit the price range and specs. One is a 42" LG LCD the other is a 40" Samsung LED. Now I know that LCD and LED are technically the same it is just that 1 has better contrast and color. So I am like well IDK. The guy comes over and is talking and I keep going back and forth not knowing what to do. Finally the guy is like, Wait a second I think that we have a bigger LED tv for only like 100 bucks more. So we go and look and the guy is wrong... they have a 47" LG LED for 600$ and it has all the other specs I want. So I got it and I love it. The reason it was 600$? It was last years model... the new one has an extra HDMI port and a sleeker case... and is 300$ more... DEF WIN!!! got a bigger TV that is exactly what I want for the price I wanted. FANTASTIC!!!!

Nice. Good deal there. It seems like they are charging a premium these days for the smart TV's with 3D, features that I have absolutely no use for. I just got word that my new man cave TV is waiting at my friends house as I type. He works for Panasonic so he got me a 50" plasma at his discount rate. <$600. :thumbsup:

Nice. Good deal there. It seems like they are charging a premium these days for the smart TV's with 3D, features that I have absolutely no use for. I just got word that my new man cave TV is waiting at my friends house as I type. He works for Panasonic so he got me a 50" plasma at his discount rate. <$600. :thumbsup:

I wish I hadn't bought my HD tv before the massive price drop. I hear the prices you guys throw around and I'm jealous. Oh well, it was something like 5 years ago, so that ship has long since sailed.

I had to do a switch when I got there. My intention was to attempt a clone of Victory Headwaters pale ale, but they didn't have the hops (Citra) that were required. I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised by that. So instead I pulled out my phone and looked for a Sierra Nevada Tumbler clone recipe as I've been truly enjoying that beer as of late. I was surprised to learn that SN puts a bit of smoked malt in that beer, but I don't get any out of it when tasting it. I'm also going to try the Wyeast 1450 for this one as it's supposed to attenuate well and still accentuate the malt character of brown ales.

I'm funny about what I brew. I won't brew what I can easily find. Tumbler is on shelves everywhere right now. So I'm not likely to try to make it when I know a 6er of it is only $10 away.

Besides, it's cider fermenting season.......

I'm funny about what I brew. I won't brew what I can easily find. Tumbler is on shelves everywhere right now. So I'm not likely to try to make it when I know a 6er of it is only $10 away.

I've got a friend who is getting married next October. He's a big time home brewer and is giving away a special home brew as a wedding favor. It's a real shame that I have to wait a full year to see how that one turns out.

I guess it's my inner entrepreneur wanting to know how my brewing skills stack up against the pros. I've been close on some clones in the past, but never spot on so you always get a unique beer anyway.

My friend does a lot of cider,wine and mead in addition to beer, and it usually turns out quite tasty.

Just got my flight suit in, and the patches will be in tomorrow morning...just in time for a Halloween party Saturday. Me and my buddy are going as Maverick and Goose, and a third friend of ours picked up on this, and decided he would be Iceman. This may or not turn out to be epic.

Just got my flight suit in, and the patches will be in tomorrow morning...just in time for a Halloween party Saturday. Me and my buddy are going as Maverick and Goose, and a third friend of ours picked up on this, and decided he would be Iceman. This may or not turn out to be epic.

You guys going to re-enact the ######-erotic volleyball scene?

Damn word filter got me!

Edited by weave

That will be largely the same tonight, they have been doing some slight change outs like Bravado for The Pass, The Body Electric for Grand Designs and Manhattan Project for Dreamline on some nights.

Is this your first Rush show?

Saw them in Chicago in 2010.

The roommate from hell is about to head off to NYC for a job interview next week. Normally I would say that she is completely unhireable, but she apparently has a connection at this place. Since it's around 95% about who you know, I think we may actually stand a chance of finally getting rid of her... that, or with the horrifying smokers cough that has surfaces recently, emphysema might get her instead.

The roommate from hell is about to head off to NYC for a job interview next week. Normally I would say that she is completely unhireable, but she apparently has a connection at this place. Since it's around 95% about who you know, I think we may actually stand a chance of finally getting rid of her... that, or with the horrifying smokers cough that has surfaces recently, emphysema might get her instead.

That is F'N Fantastic!!

I said on last Thursday's complaint thread that I was going to report on the good news the following day. However, with everything that was going on last Friday, I didn't have the time to fully disclose what happened.

1. We finally bought a house and moved a lot closer to our respective jobs. My wife no longer has to commute 40-45 minutes to work. Now it's down to like 10-15 max. My commute is a bit shorter as well - especially at night! :D

2. Right after we closed on the house, we filled out a preliminary application to adopt a child.

I said on last Thursday's complaint thread that I was going to report on the good news the following day. However, with everything that was going on last Friday, I didn't have the time to fully disclose what happened.

1. We finally bought a house and moved a lot closer to our respective jobs. My wife no longer has to commute 40-45 minutes to work. Now it's down to like 10-15 max. My commute is a bit shorter as well - especially at night! :D

2. Right after we closed on the house, we filled out a preliminary application to adopt a child.

Fantastic!! :thumbsup: Best of luck!

Fantastic for me: My sister's soccer team went to National's (Small College League). They beat the 3 seed yesterday (Penn College) and play the 2 seed (Carlow University) at 11AM. I couldn't make the trip to North Carolina, so my mom and someone else took turns holding their phones up with skype on so I could watch the games while at work. Going to try to repeat that today. Since my sister has come back from her knee injury, her team has won something like 6 of their last 7 games.

Fantastic for me: My sister's soccer team went to National's (Small College League). They beat the 3 seed yesterday (Penn College) and play the 2 seed (Carlow University) at 11AM. I couldn't make the trip to North Carolina, so my mom and someone else took turns holding their phones up with skype on so I could watch the games while at work. Going to try to repeat that today. Since my sister has come back from her knee injury, her team has won something like 6 of their last 7 games.

That's fantastic.

Great stuff!

No home damage from the storm, woot.

Great news!!

Specifically about point #2. I know it can be a protracted process, but in the end it is my hope that God blesses you both with a child.

Fantastic!! :thumbsup: Best of luck!

Update: My sister's team just knocked off the #2 seed...so onto the finals!!