F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I said on last Thursday's complaint thread that I was going to report on the good news the following day. However, with everything that was going on last Friday, I didn't have the time to fully disclose what happened.

1. We finally bought a house and moved a lot closer to our respective jobs. My wife no longer has to commute 40-45 minutes to work. Now it's down to like 10-15 max. My commute is a bit shorter as well - especially at night! :D

2. Right after we closed on the house, we filled out a preliminary application to adopt a child.

good luck to you... question about the potential child. does it have to be a white child or are you open to a child of a different race?

:thumbsup:

You and Jo should use some of it to celebrate and go out for a nice meal, or something.

I second this.

For me: one of my old supervisors (from my college job) is getting married this weekend, so after a nice dinner with the girlfriend tonight in Syracuse (we're trying an Italian place called Dominick's), I'm heading to Boston (leaving tomorrow morning I think). Excited for both. :beer:

Fantastic!! :thumbsup: Best of luck!

Great stuff!

Great news!!

Specifically about point #2. I know it can be a protracted process, but in the end it is my hope that God blesses you both with a child.

good luck to you... question about the potential child. does it have to be a white child or are you open to a child of a different race?

Thanks, guys! :)

As for the last quote, it doesn't matter. The nest has always been empty and we've been looking to fill the void for quite some time.

I second this.

For me: one of my old supervisors (from my college job) is getting married this weekend, so after a nice dinner with the girlfriend tonight in Syracuse (we're trying an Italian place called Dominick's), I'm heading to Boston (leaving tomorrow morning I think). Excited for both. :beer:

Stay away! They'll drive you mad.

1) Bills won, so for one week I don't have to listen to the resident Pats fans or Giants fans giving me sh!t here at work.

2) after this weekend, it's only a 3 day week.

3) my dad and I have been at odds for a few months over some stupid stuff, and we were finally able to reconcile. I'm going to Buffalo tonight, and my sister, my dad, and I are going to dinner together (first time in a long time). It's nice to be able settle stuff.

This quote that my supervisor emailed me is f'n fantastically stupid:

"I believe that most Americans are not waking up to the fact that we have reached a point where, according to author Charles Murray's "Real Education. . .", nearly half of the students in our class are performing below average. What are we going to do about this emergency? We cannot afford to keep having kids spending so much time playing and fooling around. Longer school days and more days per year are important until every child is at the top of the class. Isn't that what the American dream is all about?"

Thank god for the entertainment provided by stupid people.

This quote that my supervisor emailed me is f'n fantastically stupid:

"I believe that most Americans are not waking up to the fact that we have reached a point where, according to author Charles Murray's "Real Education. . .", nearly half of the students in our class are performing below average. What are we going to do about this emergency? We cannot afford to keep having kids spending so much time playing and fooling around. Longer school days and more days per year are important until every child is at the top of the class. Isn't that what the American dream is all about?"

Thank god for the entertainment provided by stupid people.

:doh: :doh: