F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

haha I'm having my one little cup, everyone else has been at it all day. Bosses are out of town so the drinking's been down. Sorta. Half the company didn't bother rolling in today. 

The mulled cider's boss, though. 

for some reason I don't think drinking all day is going to help the perception of artists in the workforce  :flirt:

for some reason I don't think drinking all day is going to help the perception of artists in the workforce  :flirt:

Reason number 8 billion I want to leave this place. I will gladly give up these little "perks" for a place that has its sh!t together. I don't take part in most of them as it is. 

Edited by Josie914

Reason number 8 billion I want to leave this place. I will gladly give up these little "perks" for a place that has its sh!t together. I don't take part in most of them as it is. 

I certainly know from all my internet interactions with you that you aren't the problem here, and I went through multiple wordings of my post to not sound like a dick to you specifically, but I can't image many corporate situations where making hot toddys all day while at work is an acceptable thing, let alone a seemingly regular occurrence. I know you are trying to, but I would GTFO as soon as possible.

(and here I was excited over having a pizza party this afternoon for a lunch meeting.  :blush: )

I certainly know from all my internet interactions with you that you aren't the problem here, and I went through multiple wordings of my post to not sound like a dick to you specifically, but I can't image many corporate situations where making hot toddys all day while at work is an acceptable thing, let alone a seemingly regular occurrence. I know you are trying to, but I would GTFO as soon as possible.

haha you're good. I know what you mean. I've stopped telling stories at this point- they're just ridiculous. People are starting to rebel more. There's firings of important personnel but hey look guys, monogrammed shot glasses! Woo! 

I'm tryin'. Moving to Buffalo in the Spring no matter what. Trying to pick up branding/logo freelance so I'm more attractive to Buffalo ad agencies when I do another application onslaught in late winter/early spring. I have hope my number one place will be sniffing around for a new employee by then- there's rumours they might. 

If not, then I hopefully remote for the place I'm at. But the key is. I'm not physically there. Lovely.

Until then, f*** it, I'll have a hot toddy on a Friday afternoon.

haha you're good. I know what you mean. I've stopped telling stories at this point- they're just ridiculous. People are starting to rebel more. There's firings of important personnel but hey look guys, monogrammed shot glasses! Woo! 

I'm tryin'. Moving to Buffalo in the Spring no matter what. Trying to pick up branding/logo freelance so I'm more attractive to Buffalo ad agencies when I do another application onslaught in late winter/early spring. I have hope my number one place will be sniffing around for a new employee by then- there's rumours they might. 

If not, then I hopefully remote for the place I'm at. But the key is. I'm not physically there. Lovely.

Until then, f*** it, I'll have a hot toddy on a Friday afternoon.

To be fair, these are perks I would have loved in an employer back when I was in college. So at least there's that.

Good luck on the relo!

How was it?

Amazing weekend.  Quick, felt like a blur. Reconnected with some close friends, drank and ate soooo much, jumped up and caught a frisbee while spilling beer all over myself.  It was kind of weird (and really cool) seeing my mom and dad's families hanging out together (my parents got divorced when I was 5).

And last night my girlfriend and I saw Beyonce in Philly.  This September kicked all kinds of ass.

Amazing weekend.  Quick, felt like a blur. Reconnected with some close friends, drank and ate soooo much, jumped up and caught a frisbee while spilling beer all over myself.  It was kind of weird (and really cool) seeing my mom and dad's families hanging out together (my parents got divorced when I was 5).

And last night my girlfriend and I saw Beyonce in Philly.  This September kicked all kinds of ass.

Noice.

I drove a '96 Park Avenue for three years. What a machine! I was envious of those driving the Roadmaster.

This example has seen better days, but it's in okay shape to breathe some life into. I think I did okay for $1000 :lol: The woman who sold it to me was struggling to let it go. Lots of respect from me to someone who really loves these cars. There's fewer and fewer left every year.

Headed back to Ohio for the weekend. In the 5.5 years we've been together, d4rk's only been there briefly for a wedding. Hoping to stop by the marblehead lighthouse near Port Clinton- one of my favorite spots on earth. Otherwise, cornfields! And celebrating my dad's 70th and my 27th, belatedly. 

Jays just demoed the Rangers yesterday and I'm getting off work today at 1 to watch the repeat.  Not to mention it's Thanksgiving weekend up here for us Canuks.  Three days of beer, backyard football with family and turkey is F'n Fantastic!  :beer: